Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > Immigration & Citizenship (Canada)
Reload this Page >

transcripts and education certificates

Wikiposts

transcripts and education certificates

Old Mar 16th 2010, 1:09 am
Forum Regular

livylegs is an unknown quantity at this point
Unhappy transcripts and education certificates

Hi guys,

Can anyone help please

we have a letter from london visa office about what they need and in the education part and its says:
TRANSCRIPTS: Transcripts must be submitted for all post-secondary education, covering each year. Transcripts must be original and sealed by the issuing institution.
DIPLOMAS/DEGREES: Photocopies of diplomas/degrees must be submitted for all secondary AND post-secondary education.

but the college my other half and myself went to arent there now so I rang the new college and they cant access our results so I rang City and Guilds and they said they want £34 per award to search for them and send them out in a letter however we have about 13 certificates between us we cant afford that much it will cost a fortune

Does anyone know what else we can do?
we have our certificates its just its asking for transcripts!
can we get a letter from a solicitor saying they originals?
has anyone else had this happen?
the guy I spoke to at the college said the certificates are old now so city and guilds might not even have them on computer?

thanks in advance.xx

great site by the way
Old Mar 16th 2010, 2:45 am

AmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: transcripts and education certificates

Originally Posted by livylegs
Hi guys,

Can anyone help please

we have a letter from london visa office about what they need and in the education part and its says:
TRANSCRIPTS: Transcripts must be submitted for all post-secondary education, covering each year. Transcripts must be original and sealed by the issuing institution.
DIPLOMAS/DEGREES: Photocopies of diplomas/degrees must be submitted for all secondary AND post-secondary education.

but the college my other half and myself went to arent there now so I rang the new college and they cant access our results so I rang City and Guilds and they said they want £34 per award to search for them and send them out in a letter however we have about 13 certificates between us we cant afford that much it will cost a fortune

Does anyone know what else we can do?
we have our certificates its just its asking for transcripts!
can we get a letter from a solicitor saying they originals?
has anyone else had this happen?
the guy I spoke to at the college said the certificates are old now so city and guilds might not even have them on computer?

thanks in advance.xx

great site by the way
It is UNIVERSITY transcrips they want not college ones so you are okay with just your certificates.
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/pdf/kits/guides/E37023.pdf - see page 4 point 6.

Last edited by AmyDavid; Mar 16th 2010 at 2:47 am.
Old Mar 16th 2010, 7:43 am
Forum Regular

livylegs is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: transcripts and education certificates

Hi Amydavid,

Thanks for replying and thats good news
I think I will just get our certificates and documents all Notarized as its says:

Specific instructions from this Visa Office: Do not send originals unless otherwise stated. Send NOTARIZED photocopies of all documents except the police certificates, which must be originals.

So I know some people havent bothered as I have had a good read round the site today and they have been fine but to be on the safe side and it is stating to do so I will get them all notarized I think

thanks again.xx