Transcripts

Old Jan 30th 2011, 9:30 am
Forum Regular

mathewpsimon is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Transcripts

Hi All,

Is Transcripts in University sealed envelops a must ? I have sent my Mark lists notarized since I am in UAE.It is difficults to get them from Indian University.
Old Jan 30th 2011, 10:14 am
SUPER MODERATOR

christmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Transcripts

Yes, it is and will be even more important if you are from a country with a high incident of visa fraud.

Are you sure you can't get them? Most universities charge for them, but it's something they can usually provide.
Old Jan 30th 2011, 10:18 am
Forum Regular

No,my problem is for my university one has to go there or send someone who can apply for transcripts on my behalf.which is difficult for me as I am in UAE.What I did is to include notirzed copy of marklist of all the semesters with the application.
Old Jan 30th 2011, 10:21 am
BE Enthusiast

MapleSauce is just really niceMapleSauce is just really niceMapleSauce is just really niceMapleSauce is just really niceMapleSauce is just really niceMapleSauce is just really niceMapleSauce is just really niceMapleSauce is just really niceMapleSauce is just really niceMapleSauce is just really niceMapleSauce is just really nice

Can't you phone or email the request?
Old Jan 30th 2011, 10:22 am
SUPER MODERATOR

christmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond repute

I don't think that anything other than sealed transcripts will do I'm afraid. Good luck getting them.
Old Jan 30th 2011, 10:24 am
Forum Regular

However I find that my credit card has been charged.Is that any indication that the documents are in order ?
Old Jan 30th 2011, 10:25 am
SUPER MODERATOR

Originally Posted by mathewpsimon
However I find that my credit card has been charged.Is that any indication that the documents are in order ?
Sorry, what do you mean? Credit card has been charged by who, the university or CIC?
Old Jan 30th 2011, 10:27 am
Forum Regular

CIC for the application.
Old Jan 30th 2011, 10:30 am
SUPER MODERATOR

CIC for the application.
OK, now I'm really confused! So CIC have charged your credit card, but I don't understand why you weren't expecting that as you must have had your 120 day email - presumably that's why you're gathering your documents i.e. transcripts?

If CIC have charged your card and you've had your 120 day email, then yes you've passed the initial stage.

Old Jan 30th 2011, 10:35 am
Forum Regular

No christmasoompa,I fall in the post June 2010 case.I sent my FSW application in mid Jan and so al the documents were attached with my application.
Now my credit card has also been charged.Which means CIC took the payment.However I did not send transcripts,instead I attached notarized copy of marklist and notarized copy of the degree with the application.
Since CC is charged so it should be fine right ?
Old Jan 30th 2011, 10:38 am
SUPER MODERATOR

No christmasoompa,I fall in the post June 2010 case.I sent my FSW application in mid Jan and so al the documents were attached with my application.
Now my credit card has also been charged.Which means CIC took the payment.However I did not send transcripts,instead I attached notarized copy of marklist and notarized copy of the degree with the application.
Ah, I see. Because you were still gathering documents I assumed you'd applied pre June 26th.

No, unfortunately your credit card being charged doesn't mean anything - it'll still be charged even if you are rejected.
Old Jan 30th 2011, 2:50 pm
Just Joined

balladaku is an unknown quantity at this point

hi Mathewpsimon,

my brother was in similar situation, he could not get the transcripts from his uni, so, he sent the notarized transcripts. he is also a Post-June applicant. Applied in mid Aug and got the PER email in mid December. But i would suggest try to arrange sealed transcripts while your app is still there. Just in case it is rejected you can re-send with out wasting time or may be down the line the Visa office may request sealed transcripts. Hope this helps.

Balla Daku

Last edited by balladaku; Jan 30th 2011 at 2:51 pm. Reason: typo
Old Jan 30th 2011, 2:53 pm
Forum Regular

thanks Balla Daku.I am doing that.just wanted to check if some has experience this before.
Old Mar 29th 2011, 7:20 am
Forum Regular

Hi all just to update all of you all that I got the PER which means the CIO office has accepted the Attested marksheets.Now to check if the Visa office will also accept it.