Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > Immigration & Citizenship (Canada)
Reload this Page >

Train Driver (Locomotive engineer)

Train Driver (Locomotive engineer)

Old Aug 22nd 2008, 11:15 pm
Just Joined

Jackone is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Train Driver (Locomotive engineer)

What's the chances of a young British train driver immigrating to Canada? I imagine the chances are really low, but I thought I'd ask anyway to see if anyone here has relocated to the states with the same profession.

I heard that in the states you have to work your way up through the ranks to get a driving position, is it the same in Canada?

As much info as possible please!

Cheers/
Old Aug 23rd 2008, 4:46 am
BE Forum Addict

Getting There has a reputation beyond reputeGetting There has a reputation beyond reputeGetting There has a reputation beyond reputeGetting There has a reputation beyond reputeGetting There has a reputation beyond reputeGetting There has a reputation beyond reputeGetting There has a reputation beyond reputeGetting There has a reputation beyond reputeGetting There has a reputation beyond reputeGetting There has a reputation beyond reputeGetting There has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Train Driver (Locomotive engineer)

Hi,

Welcome to BE. Have you thought about contacting the likes of Calgary Transit who have been on something of a Brit recruitment drive recently. A number of folk on BE have had success with them. Use the search function to search for posts including the words "Calgary Transit".

Hope this helps.

Eamonn & Janet.