Tracking application to Canada

Old Jul 14th 2020, 8:51 am
Forum Regular

Antwerp_Belgian is an unknown quantity at this point
Question Tracking application to Canada

I noticed an earlier thread about this (Feb 2019) but would like to ask again:
What postal service would you recommend to send the finished application package by courier from Europe to:

49 Dorchester Street
Sydney, NS
B1P 5Z2

I saw FedEx was the preferred option, tracking and courier service.

I did encounter the problem that on their webform you have to fill in a telephone number for the recipient, yet no telephone number is listed specifically for the Sydney Office.
What do I do? It won't let me continue if I don't fill it in.
Has anyone had any problems with the package not being delivered? I wonder what happens if there's nobody at the Sydney office (now due to COVID-19) and they don't have a telephone number.
Old Jul 14th 2020, 9:56 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Former Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Tracking application to Canada

Try putting 888 242 2100 as that is the IRCC call centre number.
Old Jul 14th 2020, 11:42 am
BE Forum Addict

Hurlabrick has a reputation beyond reputeHurlabrick has a reputation beyond reputeHurlabrick has a reputation beyond reputeHurlabrick has a reputation beyond reputeHurlabrick has a reputation beyond reputeHurlabrick has a reputation beyond reputeHurlabrick has a reputation beyond reputeHurlabrick has a reputation beyond reputeHurlabrick has a reputation beyond reputeHurlabrick has a reputation beyond reputeHurlabrick has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Antwerp_Belgian
I noticed an earlier thread about this (Feb 2019) but would like to ask again:
What postal service would you recommend to send the finished application package by courier from Europe to:

49 Dorchester Street
Sydney, NS
B1P 5Z2

I saw FedEx was the preferred option, tracking and courier service.

I did encounter the problem that on their webform you have to fill in a telephone number for the recipient, yet no telephone number is listed specifically for the Sydney Office.
What do I do? It won't let me continue if I don't fill it in.
Has anyone had any problems with the package not being delivered? I wonder what happens if there's nobody at the Sydney office (now due to COVID-19) and they don't have a telephone number.
Personally we used FEDEX, mainly because one of their centres was 20 minutes drive from our then UK address. I am sure DHL or UPS would be fine too.

Just dont use you national post office (eg Royal Mail), as their tracking only worked to the point where the package was put on the plane, it then disappeared for over 3 weeks (probably stuck in Canadian customs) before finally getting to IRCC. An international delivery company track it from end to end and often have their own bonded customs facilities (much faster).
Old Jul 14th 2020, 12:00 pm
Forum Regular

Thanks! Follow-up question: do I select the option "signature required" or not? I assume yes so that it's certain they dropped it off at the CPC Sydney. But then if nobody's there they can't drop it off
Old Jul 14th 2020, 12:03 pm
BE Forum Addict

Hurlabrick has a reputation beyond reputeHurlabrick has a reputation beyond reputeHurlabrick has a reputation beyond reputeHurlabrick has a reputation beyond reputeHurlabrick has a reputation beyond reputeHurlabrick has a reputation beyond reputeHurlabrick has a reputation beyond reputeHurlabrick has a reputation beyond reputeHurlabrick has a reputation beyond reputeHurlabrick has a reputation beyond reputeHurlabrick has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Antwerp_Belgian
Thanks! Follow-up question: do I select the option "signature required" or not? I assume yes so that it's certain they dropped it off at the CPC Sydney. But then if nobody's there they can't drop it off
In these Covid times, who knows. Hard to believe they dont even have anyone there to at least sign for stuff!
Old Jul 14th 2020, 12:06 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Former Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond repute

They should but they just don't tell anyone. Our office is open although very limited staff present and our mail is being delivered.
Old Jul 16th 2020, 8:10 pm
Forum Regular

I sent IRCC an email and got a reply. They are indeed open for processing and are currently processing applications that have arrived before February 12th 2020.
Old Jul 16th 2020, 8:13 pm
BE Forum Addict

I am afraid you should probably settle in for quite a wait before you hear anything (months).