Total workexperience

Old Apr 14th 2006, 1:16 am
Forum Regular

ashsup is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Total workexperience

Hi, I have problem in work experience calculation;If person works 9month in one company and then join another company work for 7 month.Will officer count 1 year,2 year or 0 year workexperience.
Old Apr 14th 2006, 2:40 am

Andrew Miller is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Total workexperience

Work experience count is sometimes confusing for many. Let me explain.

1. In order to meet definition of Skilled Worker (a pre-requisite before applying) person must have at least 12 months of full time (or full time equivalent) of paid, **continuous** work experience in skilled occupation.

2. To count points in Work Experience factor all experience in skilled occupations in past 10 years must be added to get the total number of years of full time (or full time equivalent) and must be rounded down to the number of completed full time years.

You didn't provide any info about gaps between your 2 jobs, what occupations they were in nor any details about number of hours per week in either - thus I cannot determine if you can meet the (1) above.

But as far as total number of years for (2) above you have 16 months in total and if it was all full time, within past 10 years and in skilled occupation then it is simply 1 year of experience.

Originally Posted by ashsup
Hi, I have problem in work experience calculation;If person works 9month in one company and then join another company work for 7 month.Will officer count 1 year,2 year or 0 year workexperience.
Old Apr 14th 2006, 3:38 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Andrew Miller
Work experience count is sometimes confusing for many. Let me explain.

1. In order to meet definition of Skilled Worker (a pre-requisite before applying) person must have at least 12 months of full time (or full time equivalent) of paid, **continuous** work experience in skilled occupation.

2. To count points in Work Experience factor all experience in skilled occupations in past 10 years must be added to get the total number of years of full time (or full time equivalent) and must be rounded down to the number of completed full time years.

You didn't provide any info about gaps between your 2 jobs, what occupations they were in nor any details about number of hours per week in either - thus I cannot determine if you can meet the (1) above.

But as far as total number of years for (2) above you have 16 months in total and if it was all full time, within past 10 years and in skilled occupation then it is simply 1 year of experience.
Thankyou Mr. Miller. It was security supervisor for 11 months then gap of 2 months then i join project enggineer in which i am working from last 4 months.In both of the jobs I work 40hrs/week.
Old Apr 14th 2006, 4:29 am

If it is all skilled experience you have then you are not meeting the definition of skilled worker as you don't have at least 12 months of full time, **continuous" work experience in skilled occupation. Do not apply as your case will be refused.

Thankyou Mr. Miller. It was security supervisor for 11 months then gap of 2 months then i join project enggineer in which i am working from last 4 months.In both of the jobs I work 40hrs/week.
Old Apr 14th 2006, 6:05 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Andrew Miller
If it is all skilled experience you have then you are not meeting the definition of skilled worker as you don't have at least 12 months of full time, **continuous" work experience in skilled occupation. Do not apply as your case will be refused.
Hi Andrew, I worked 11months and 15 days in one job.so can i calculate 1 year or still no experience.
Old Apr 14th 2006, 6:26 am
PMM
Lost in BE Cyberspace

PMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond repute

Hi

Hi Andrew, I worked 11months and 15 days in one job.so can i calculate 1 year or still no experience.
Its still less than a year, the rules state a year, not close to a year.
Old Apr 14th 2006, 6:40 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by PMM
Hi

Its still less than a year, the rules state a year, not close to a year.
Will officer won't consider reason of leaving job earlly.My work permit finish and I have to quit job.
Old Apr 14th 2006, 8:51 am

Nope, regardless of reasons for quitting you don't have 12 months of continuous work experience, period. Law doesn't allow for any discretion in this pre-requisite, sorry.

Will officer won't consider reason of leaving job earlly.My work permit finish and I have to quit job.