Too much money

Old May 11th 2009, 2:02 am
Just Joined

o0omin is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Too much money

Hello ,

I am going for an interview 13th of may and i was told that if you take money more than the amount needed " from your father like how i got it " it would be a problem coz they will want this money to be yours not someone else's.

My problem is that i have about 30000 $ all from my father and they only need about 3000 $ and someone got refused becoz he didn't make the money himself they want you to own the money to to borrow it, so can someone tell me any information about this case ? i already have the bank statement is there any solution please.
Old May 11th 2009, 2:10 am
ModerĪ±tor Emeritus

iaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Too much money

CIC are crystal clear that all funds have to be unencumbered....ie not borrowed from anyone, family or not.

The point being that if you cant make enough in your own country to meet that requirement, Canada is not going to be any easier to get on in.

What sort of interview? If its a job interview and you come to canada on the back of that then proof of funds is a not issue.
Old May 11th 2009, 2:32 am
SUPER MODERATOR

christmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by o0omin
Hello ,

I am going for an interview 13th of may and i was told that if you take money more than the amount needed " from your father like how i got it " it would be a problem coz they will want this money to be yours not someone else's.

My problem is that i have about 30000 $ all from my father and they only need about 3000 $ and someone got refused becoz he didn't make the money himself they want you to own the money to to borrow it, so can someone tell me any information about this case ? i already have the bank statement is there any solution please.
As Iain said, the funds cannot be borrowed - and they may ask you to prove that they are not.

But what do you need funds for? I'm confused about what you are having an interview for, and also what you think you need $3000 for - proof of funds would be more than that, even for just one person?
Old May 11th 2009, 5:04 am
BE Enthusiast

kleinluka is a splendid one to beholdkleinluka is a splendid one to beholdkleinluka is a splendid one to beholdkleinluka is a splendid one to beholdkleinluka is a splendid one to beholdkleinluka is a splendid one to beholdkleinluka is a splendid one to beholdkleinluka is a splendid one to beholdkleinluka is a splendid one to beholdkleinluka is a splendid one to beholdkleinluka is a splendid one to behold

You need $10.833 for a single person (OWN money, not borrowed). Unless you have Arranged Employment/are working in Canada on a valid work permit.
Old May 11th 2009, 10:34 am
Just Joined

Originally Posted by iaink
CIC are crystal clear that all funds have to be unencumbered....ie not borrowed from anyone, family or not.

The point being that if you cant make enough in your own country to meet that requirement, Canada is not going to be any easier to get on in.

What sort of interview? If its a job interview and you come to canada on the back of that then proof of funds is a not issue.
Its not a job interview its the immigration to Quebec and if i passed that interview then i will get the CSQ if not then all the work that i done for years will be gone ...

You need $10.833 for a single person (OWN money, not borrowed). Unless you have Arranged Employment/are working in Canada on a valid work permit.
Actually for quebec its less than that i think 7000 $ incase im single

Last edited by o0omin; May 11th 2009 at 10:43 am.
Old May 11th 2009, 1:22 pm
Immigration Consultant

Paul Wildy has a reputation beyond reputePaul Wildy has a reputation beyond reputePaul Wildy has a reputation beyond reputePaul Wildy has a reputation beyond reputePaul Wildy has a reputation beyond reputePaul Wildy has a reputation beyond reputePaul Wildy has a reputation beyond reputePaul Wildy has a reputation beyond reputePaul Wildy has a reputation beyond reputePaul Wildy has a reputation beyond reputePaul Wildy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by o0omin
Hello ,

Provided the money is a gift and you do not need to repay it (ever) then it is "unencumbered" as far as the Visa Officers are concerned.
Old May 12th 2009, 8:38 am
Just Joined

Originally Posted by Paul Wildy
Provided the money is a gift and you do not need to repay it (ever) then it is "unencumbered" as far as the Visa Officers are concerned.
Thank you for the fast reply ....

Actually it is mine and i wont have to give it back but could they ask me for a proof that its a gift or do i just need to write a declaration that its mine and i dont have to give it back.
Old May 13th 2009, 9:54 am
Just Joined

I passed my interview and they didnt ask me about the financial status, so i guess thanks to everyone who replied to this topic and the minimum amount of money was 2764 $ wierd the federal is 10,000 for the single person.