Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > Immigration & Citizenship (Canada)
Reload this Page >

TOO LONG... Mr. Miller please advise

TOO LONG... Mr. Miller please advise

Old Sep 14th 2004, 6:08 pm
Forum Regular

ihassan is an unknown quantity at this point
Default TOO LONG... Mr. Miller please advise

I had applied for my self and my wife for the Canadian P.R through the buffalo Centre back in August of 2002. AOR was recieved in December 2002. File was transferred to LA in Janurary 2003. Interview was held in LA in May 2004 and Medicals were done in June 2004. Also at the end of the Interview i was asked to send in my medicals and the Landing Fees, which i have already sent.

I am still waiting for the passport request, and i was wondering that how long does it take.
Old Sep 14th 2004, 8:46 pm
Forum Regular

longwait is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: TOO LONG... Mr. Miller please advise

Originally Posted by ihassan
I had applied for my self and my wife for the Canadian P.R through the buffalo Centre back in August of 2002. AOR was recieved in December 2002. File was transferred to LA in Janurary 2003. Interview was held in LA in May 2004 and Medicals were done in June 2004. Also at the end of the Interview i was asked to send in my medicals and the Landing Fees, which i have already sent.

I am still waiting for the passport request, and i was wondering that how long does it take.
It seems that currently and depending on the nationality of the applicant processing is taking longer times. You see that a lot of guys including myself have applied even before you did and we are all still waiting. Have more patience and hopefully it will happen very soon.
Old Sep 15th 2004, 4:17 am

Andrew Miller is an unknown quantity at this point

Your background/security check has been initiated after successful interview and it may take anywhere from few months to well over a year to complete, depending from your background, activities and associations, nationality and countries you resided in, etc..

Old Sep 15th 2004, 6:42 am
Just Joined

mw2003 is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi, ihassan

Do you mind share your interview experience with us since we will have the interview this month in LA?

Thanks a lot.
MW
Old Sep 15th 2004, 10:02 am
Forum Regular

anxious_glo is an unknown quantity at this point

Duh!!! if yours is too long a timeline, what would you call mine?? my application was sent in october of 2001, aor in july 2002. interview waiver in october 2003 medical sent in nov. 2003. still waiting. so you better dont try to cut the line (well, that happens always with canadian pr, in the name of nationality, and so on. ) but i wont hate u if your received yours before mine
goodluck
Old Sep 16th 2004, 6:30 am
Forum Regular

ihassan is an unknown quantity at this point

My interview was held in 1st week of May 2004 in LA. Appointment was at 9am but our turn came in at 12 noon.... 3 hrs long wait. Any way, it took about 1 hr for the interview.

The immigration officer basically asked me questions like:-

1. About my educational background. Why did i went to the US for my bachelors degree?
2. Technical work related questions?
3. asked some basic questions to my wife.
4. did not asked anything about my english proficiency or IELTS TEST. I did not give any kind of language profiency test. may be because i have an american degree...
4. he went in quite detail about my work experience..

hope that the above helps

Originally Posted by mw2003
Hi, ihassan

Do you mind share your interview experience with us since we will have the interview this month in LA?

Thanks a lot.
MW