British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   Immigration & Citizenship (Canada) (https://britishexpats.com/forum/immigration-citizenship-canada-33/)
-   -   Too Late for LMO? (https://britishexpats.com/forum/immigration-citizenship-canada-33/too-late-lmo-694547/)

youngmimesofharlem Nov 23rd 2010 4:31 pm

Too Late for LMO?

Hi all,

I've been working for a Biotech company in Vancouver since January on a Bunac working holiday visa in a Maternity Leave cover position. The lady has indicated that she's not coming back and now the company is considering offering me a job/applying for an LMO under:

NOC: 2211 Chemical Technologist & Technician (Technical Operations Assistant)

The trouble is my visa expires Dec 6th, 2010.

I am going to apply to extend my visa with form IMM 1249, however I am certain this will be refused in about 1 month, roughly the time my work needs to advertise the position. The question I have is there ANY WAY I can continue to work whilst the LMO application is being processed?

Restoration as a worker with a note saying the LMO app is being processed right now?

A brown envelope stuffed with cash?

Prayer?

youngmimesofharlem Nov 23rd 2010 7:06 pm

Re: Too Late for LMO?

Also,

Could my work use the job search they carried out in January, which naturally yielded me as the most suitable candidate as proof that the job has been advertised and go straight to the LMO app?

Thanks!

christmasoompa Nov 23rd 2010 7:08 pm

Originally Posted by youngmimesofharlem (Post 8999784)
Also,

Could my work use the job search they carried out in January, which naturally yielded me as the most suitable candidate as proof that the job has been advertised and go straight to the LMO app?

Thanks!

Don't know the answer to your first post, but I do know that you can't do this - it must have been advertised (nationally) within the past three months.

Good luck. :)

helcat12 Nov 23rd 2010 7:17 pm

Originally Posted by youngmimesofharlem (Post 8999784)
Also,

Thanks!

As christmasoompa says, it has to be advertised again as this is not within the last three months.
Even if it was within the three months, this is now a permanent post, not a maternity cover and so it would now be of interest to someone already in a permanent post elsewhere looking for a change of employer (who wouldn't have given their current post up for a temporary one).
You would now get a totally different pot of applicants and you could now be up against more (numbers) and more experienced candidates that did not apply before when the post was temporary.
Because of this crucial change in the nature of the job being offered, I would expect HRSDC to demand the full recruitment process is gone through again and this will take some time, especially as we are coming close to Christmas.
Sorry to say that!