Is it too late? FSW 2013

Old Jun 3rd 2013, 2:18 pm
Forum Regular

red_onion is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Is it too late? FSW 2013

I have just discovered that I could be illegible to apply for FSW 2013 in one of the categories which I now found out to be high in applicants (2147 Computer engineers). Is it too late as I don’t know how many people have applied and there is a cap in the number of total applicants this year? I haven’t even started document verification yet although I have paid already this morning.
Old Jun 3rd 2013, 3:46 pm
The ride never ends

orly has a reputation beyond reputeorly has a reputation beyond reputeorly has a reputation beyond reputeorly has a reputation beyond reputeorly has a reputation beyond reputeorly has a reputation beyond reputeorly has a reputation beyond reputeorly has a reputation beyond reputeorly has a reputation beyond reputeorly has a reputation beyond reputeorly has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Is it tool late? FSW 2013

Originally Posted by red_onion
I have just discovered that I could be illegible to apply for FSW 2013 in one of the categories which I now found out to be high in applicants (2147 Computer engineers). Is it too late as I don’t know how many people have applied and there is a cap in the number of total applicants this year? I haven’t even started document verification yet although I have paid already this morning.
I believe the cap is 300 for each occupation and I'd imagine 2147 will be one in high demand.
Old Jun 3rd 2013, 4:25 pm
BE Enthusiast

Waggle has much to be proud ofWaggle has much to be proud ofWaggle has much to be proud ofWaggle has much to be proud ofWaggle has much to be proud ofWaggle has much to be proud ofWaggle has much to be proud ofWaggle has much to be proud ofWaggle has much to be proud ofWaggle has much to be proud ofWaggle has much to be proud of

Take a look here:
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/...5dlAtOEE#gid=0

This is a spreadsheet from collective input of applicants on David Cohen's Canada visa forum.

You can find the thread here:
http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-imm...6774.2940.html

If you look at the NOC stats tab you can see 48 people have already applied for 2174. If you consider that the forum members there probably present somewhere between 2% and 5% of the worldwide total, this would put total applications received between 960 and 2400 and the cap is 300!

Therefore I believe even at the most optimistic that 2174 is certainly full by now. Probably several times over. CIC have a link here which they will hopefully eventually populate showing how many applications have been received AND opened AND successfully passed the completeness check:

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/immigra...plications.asp

I think rather than trying to focus on getting an application in for 2174 which I am 99.99% certain cannot make it within the cap, you might wish to look into securing a job offer with a Canadian employer and then applying under Category 2 or PNP categories, to which the caps do not apply.

If you're serious about immigrating in the next 2 years then it's worth looking at the IELTS test. This will be compulsory for all worker routes and the certificate is valid for 2 years so it'd be wise to get one done now and then it will not delay you when you're ready to apply.

Best of luck,
Wayne.

P.S. I have been given permission by the thread/spreadsheet owners to link this, they are actively encouraging this in fact! ;p
Old Jun 3rd 2013, 6:11 pm
Forum Regular

red_onion is an unknown quantity at this point

Waggle, thanks mate. It's help like yours which makes this forum a fatnatstic place to get information from.
Old Jun 3rd 2013, 6:27 pm
BE Enthusiast

Waggle has much to be proud ofWaggle has much to be proud ofWaggle has much to be proud ofWaggle has much to be proud ofWaggle has much to be proud ofWaggle has much to be proud ofWaggle has much to be proud ofWaggle has much to be proud ofWaggle has much to be proud ofWaggle has much to be proud ofWaggle has much to be proud of

Oops correction this is 2147 and not 2174 (so easy to get those 2 mixed up!).

However, I think if you take the 30 applicants from 2147 and apply the same 2% to 5% formula you are looking at 600 to 1000 applications, still with a cap of 300.

So I think 1112, 2147 and 2174 are already filled with applications already received by CIC, with the engineering NOCs (0211, 2131, 2132) not far off.

Of course it would give us a clearer picture if CIC would update the applications received page. They are heralding on that very page that this will be updated at least once per week, and 4 weeks after the gates have opened, still no update!

Once any given NOC has reached the 300 cap, I would think it is in CIC's best interests to let the world know as soon as possible, since this will prevent people from applying and reduce the intake at CIO, thus giving them more time to open applications for which the NOC cap has not yet been reached.

Wayne.