Wikiposts

Today I went to CIC

Old Sep 22nd 2006, 1:03 am
Forum Regular

KateB is a jewel in the roughKateB is a jewel in the roughKateB is a jewel in the roughKateB is a jewel in the roughKateB is a jewel in the rough
Default Today I went to CIC

Hi,

This is probably pretty useless but I'll just tell you anyway.

Today I went to Grosvenor Street to ask questions about work permits. My boyfriend has been offered a job in Vancouver.

The main reason for my trip was to ask whether you can pay cash, how much, do copies really need to be certified - all that. I had put all our information and application form into a nice blue folder so that it was easily accessible and readable.

When I got to the desk (they call it the reception) after waiting probably 35 minutes I handed my folder over and explained what I had come for, without really listening to me she ripped everything out of the folder and started looking through it and writing notes. I realised she had misunderstood why I was there (she thought I wanted to hand the application in), I explained that we were still awaiting the actual job offer itself as the only piece of outsanding documentation, and that today's trip was to get clarity on some questions I had - she looked at me as I were stupid and said - how riduculous, you can submit your application now without the job offer letter, go and get £140 and come straight back to me, you can fax through the job offer letter later when you get it.

So, I left the building, went to the bank and ten minutes later I walked away having submitted our application forms for a work permit. - So, now it's fingers crossed!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

So, if you hand your application forms in person then you can pay cash.

Photocopies of documentation for work permits unless specified in the guide do not need to be certified.

You can submit your application for a work permit without the actual job offer letter (with a view to faxing it to them when you have it) but you must have the LMO.

Don't bother putting it all in a nice neat folder.

Now we wait.....................
Old Sep 22nd 2006, 5:31 am

Jim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Today I went to CIC

Originally Posted by KateB
Hi,

This is probably pretty useless but I'll just tell you anyway.

Today I went to Grosvenor Street to ask questions about work permits. My boyfriend has been offered a job in Vancouver.

The main reason for my trip was to ask whether you can pay cash, how much, do copies really need to be certified - all that. I had put all our information and application form into a nice blue folder so that it was easily accessible and readable.

When I got to the desk (they call it the reception) after waiting probably 35 minutes I handed my folder over and explained what I had come for, without really listening to me she ripped everything out of the folder and started looking through it and writing notes. I realised she had misunderstood why I was there (she thought I wanted to hand the application in), I explained that we were still awaiting the actual job offer itself as the only piece of outsanding documentation, and that today's trip was to get clarity on some questions I had - she looked at me as I were stupid and said - how riduculous, you can submit your application now without the job offer letter, go and get £140 and come straight back to me, you can fax through the job offer letter later when you get it.

So, I left the building, went to the bank and ten minutes later I walked away having submitted our application forms for a work permit. - So, now it's fingers crossed!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

So, if you hand your application forms in person then you can pay cash.

Photocopies of documentation for work permits unless specified in the guide do not need to be certified.

You can submit your application for a work permit without the actual job offer letter (with a view to faxing it to them when you have it) but you must have the LMO.

Don't bother putting it all in a nice neat folder.

Now we wait.....................
The big surprise for me would be that they took cash.
Old Sep 22nd 2006, 10:26 am
BE Enthusiast

Stuarty has a reputation beyond reputeStuarty has a reputation beyond reputeStuarty has a reputation beyond reputeStuarty has a reputation beyond reputeStuarty has a reputation beyond reputeStuarty has a reputation beyond reputeStuarty has a reputation beyond reputeStuarty has a reputation beyond reputeStuarty has a reputation beyond reputeStuarty has a reputation beyond reputeStuarty has a reputation beyond repute

Also worth noting that they don't have a photocopier so copy everything including passports before you go.
Old Sep 22nd 2006, 1:24 pm

Jim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Stuarty
Also worth noting that they don't have a photocopier so copy everything including passports before you go.
Always keep a complete set of copies of everything you submit to the visa office.