Tips for landing please?

Old Dec 4th 2009, 8:16 am
Forum Regular

82UK is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Tips for landing please?

Originally Posted by el_richo
I assume you're asking about the Goods to follow/ accompany? I actually created an excel spreadsheet with the details. Very basic and simple and it worked a treat. Customs just staple it to the official documents that you sign.

The only other document you fill out is the usual landing card on the aircraft.

It's all a doddle too. It suprised me how smooth and easy it was.
Yes just the suitcases I am bringing, I do not have anything to follow! I don't suppose you still have a copy of the spreadsheet please? Did you just put item, canadian dollar amont? Is there a maximum price we must not go over? Thanks!
Old Dec 4th 2009, 2:40 pm
little snowy owl

Alberta_Rose has a reputation beyond reputeAlberta_Rose has a reputation beyond reputeAlberta_Rose has a reputation beyond reputeAlberta_Rose has a reputation beyond reputeAlberta_Rose has a reputation beyond reputeAlberta_Rose has a reputation beyond reputeAlberta_Rose has a reputation beyond reputeAlberta_Rose has a reputation beyond reputeAlberta_Rose has a reputation beyond reputeAlberta_Rose has a reputation beyond reputeAlberta_Rose has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by 82UK
Yes just the suitcases I am bringing, I do not have anything to follow! I don't suppose you still have a copy of the spreadsheet please? Did you just put item, canadian dollar amont? Is there a maximum price we must not go over? Thanks!
Really, it's not difficult: Follow the example given here:

Your Goods To Follow list may include items like the following:

6 boxes of books .............................................. $X,XXX
1 box of kitchen utensils .................................... $XXX
4 boxes of bath linen ........................................ $XXX
5 boxes of bed linen ......................................... $XXX
TOTAL GOODS TO FOLLOW ............................... $XX,XXX

Your Goods Accompanying list may include:

1 suitcase .................................................. .... $XXX
1 shoulder bag ................................................ $XXX
clothes in suitcase .......................................... $X,XXX
1 laptop computer (brand, model, serial number) ... $X,XXX
1 camera (brand, model, serial number) ............... $XXX
TOTAL GOODS ACCOMPANYING .......................... $XX,XXX

Your actual lists probably will be longer. Your Goods To Follow list may run to several pages. The point of this example is just to demonstrate the level of detail that is required.

I'm sure you don't have to worry about any limit, unless you are carrying the crown jewels ... many of us have brought our entire house contents, and since you have all your stuff with you it won't be a very long list. There's no need to go into great detail.

State number of suitcases, "Guesstimate" the value of your clothes, cameras, any jewellery etc, and convert it to canadian dollars. Thinking about it, we didn't even bother with goods accompanying. Never thought of it! Had no problem at all.

Stop worrying!
Old Dec 4th 2009, 7:44 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Alberta_Rose
Really, it's not difficult: Follow the example given here:

Your Goods To Follow list may include items like the following:

6 boxes of books .............................................. $X,XXX
1 box of kitchen utensils .................................... $XXX
4 boxes of bath linen ........................................ $XXX
5 boxes of bed linen ......................................... $XXX
TOTAL GOODS TO FOLLOW ............................... $XX,XXX

Your Goods Accompanying list may include:

1 suitcase .................................................. .... $XXX
1 shoulder bag ................................................ $XXX
clothes in suitcase .......................................... $X,XXX
1 laptop computer (brand, model, serial number) ... $X,XXX
1 camera (brand, model, serial number) ............... $XXX
TOTAL GOODS ACCOMPANYING .......................... $XX,XXX

Your actual lists probably will be longer. Your Goods To Follow list may run to several pages. The point of this example is just to demonstrate the level of detail that is required.

I'm sure you don't have to worry about any limit, unless you are carrying the crown jewels ... many of us have brought our entire house contents, and since you have all your stuff with you it won't be a very long list. There's no need to go into great detail.

State number of suitcases, "Guesstimate" the value of your clothes, cameras, any jewellery etc, and convert it to canadian dollars. Thinking about it, we didn't even bother with goods accompanying. Never thought of it! Had no problem at all.

Stop worrying!
Thank you!! All done now....I will try and stop worrying! Thanks for all your helps!
Old Dec 5th 2009, 4:12 am
Beep

el_richo has a reputation beyond reputeel_richo has a reputation beyond reputeel_richo has a reputation beyond reputeel_richo has a reputation beyond reputeel_richo has a reputation beyond reputeel_richo has a reputation beyond reputeel_richo has a reputation beyond reputeel_richo has a reputation beyond reputeel_richo has a reputation beyond reputeel_richo has a reputation beyond reputeel_richo has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by 82UK
Is there a maximum price we must not go over? Thanks!
Actually, the lady at customs mentioned that we'd have to pay duty on individual items over the value of $10,000. I wasn't aware of that. Luckily, before i printed out the forms, my wife changed the "total value" (we listed jewellery as a total value, not individually) of the jewellery she was wearing, through her paranoia. When we landed she was wearing a few items individually well over the $10,000 limit but i guess the officer couldn't tell the difference between a $5k diamond piece and a $50k piece.

Just something to be aware of.
Old Dec 5th 2009, 5:09 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by el_richo
Actually, the lady at customs mentioned that we'd have to pay duty on individual items over the value of $10,000. I wasn't aware of that. Luckily, before i printed out the forms, my wife changed the "total value" (we listed jewellery as a total value, not individually) of the jewellery she was wearing, through her paranoia. When we landed she was wearing a few items individually well over the $10,000 limit but i guess the officer couldn't tell the difference between a $5k diamond piece and a $50k piece.

Just something to be aware of.
Thank you for that info....luckily mine is at $7000 so hopefully I will be ok! Thanks
Old Dec 5th 2009, 6:17 am
Account Closed

Lorna999 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by The Aviator
Keep the glideslope centred, gentle back pressure on the column, watch the speed, as the ground comes up at you and everything looks like its about to hit you, flare and drop gently onto the runway. Brakes on and stop.
PMSL
Old Dec 5th 2009, 9:16 am
Forum Regular

castra is just really nicecastra is just really nicecastra is just really nicecastra is just really nicecastra is just really nicecastra is just really nicecastra is just really nicecastra is just really nice

Originally Posted by Ben W Bell
Or you can be too high, slip to decrease altitude quickly, overdo the rudder and come down on one wheel, drop the nose too quickly and shimmy it before slowing. Or am I doing it wrong
In which case, it will always be the First Officers fault.
Old Dec 5th 2009, 9:21 am

Aviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by castra
In which case, it will always be the First Officers fault.
Always is, that's the price of being in the R/H seat!
Old Dec 6th 2009, 12:14 am
Analyst for hire

Ben W Bell has a reputation beyond reputeBen W Bell has a reputation beyond reputeBen W Bell has a reputation beyond reputeBen W Bell has a reputation beyond reputeBen W Bell has a reputation beyond reputeBen W Bell has a reputation beyond reputeBen W Bell has a reputation beyond reputeBen W Bell has a reputation beyond reputeBen W Bell has a reputation beyond reputeBen W Bell has a reputation beyond reputeBen W Bell has a reputation beyond repute

Actually I performed a perfect landing yesterday, with instructor hands off. I was pleased. More so since I'd done my spin training about 15 minutes earlier and was still fighting the urge to have another look at my breakfast (motion sickness is a pain.)
Old Dec 6th 2009, 4:41 am

Aviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Ben W Bell
Actually I performed a perfect landing yesterday, with instructor hands off. I was pleased. More so since I'd done my spin training about 15 minutes earlier and was still fighting the urge to have another look at my breakfast (motion sickness is a pain.)
Good show, the first one is the one you'll always remember, always better when its a good one