Wikiposts

Tips for landing please?

Old Dec 3rd 2009, 9:10 am
Forum Regular

82UK is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Tips for landing please?

Hello!

I am landing on Sunday and was wondering if anyone had any tips please....do I need a special custom form? Do I have everthing? Ia there a special line I need to stand in? Do I need to fill out anything on plane?? Any advice is appreciated, thank you so much
Old Dec 3rd 2009, 11:08 am
Citizenship Nov 10 2016!!

nikki dreaming has a reputation beyond reputenikki dreaming has a reputation beyond reputenikki dreaming has a reputation beyond reputenikki dreaming has a reputation beyond reputenikki dreaming has a reputation beyond reputenikki dreaming has a reputation beyond reputenikki dreaming has a reputation beyond reputenikki dreaming has a reputation beyond reputenikki dreaming has a reputation beyond reputenikki dreaming has a reputation beyond reputenikki dreaming has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Tips for landing please?

Hi

You present at the normal desk and advise that you are landing as a PR and they will direct you to a separate area to be processed.

Here is a link to the wiki with some more info

Good luck

http://britishexpats.com/wiki/Landing_as_PR-Canada
Old Dec 3rd 2009, 11:37 am

Aviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by 82UK
I am landing on Sunday and was wondering if anyone had any tips.
Keep the glideslope centred, gentle back pressure on the column, watch the speed, as the ground comes up at you and everything looks like its about to hit you, flare and drop gently onto the runway. Brakes on and stop.
Old Dec 3rd 2009, 11:38 am

Bali2010 has a reputation beyond reputeBali2010 has a reputation beyond reputeBali2010 has a reputation beyond reputeBali2010 has a reputation beyond reputeBali2010 has a reputation beyond reputeBali2010 has a reputation beyond reputeBali2010 has a reputation beyond reputeBali2010 has a reputation beyond reputeBali2010 has a reputation beyond reputeBali2010 has a reputation beyond reputeBali2010 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by The Aviator
Keep the glideslope centred, gentle back pressure on the column, watch the speed, as the ground comes up at you and everything looks like its about to hit you, flare and drop gently onto the runway. Brakes on and stop.
Old Dec 3rd 2009, 1:22 pm
Analyst for hire

Ben W Bell has a reputation beyond reputeBen W Bell has a reputation beyond reputeBen W Bell has a reputation beyond reputeBen W Bell has a reputation beyond reputeBen W Bell has a reputation beyond reputeBen W Bell has a reputation beyond reputeBen W Bell has a reputation beyond reputeBen W Bell has a reputation beyond reputeBen W Bell has a reputation beyond reputeBen W Bell has a reputation beyond reputeBen W Bell has a reputation beyond repute

Or you can be too high, slip to decrease altitude quickly, overdo the rudder and come down on one wheel, drop the nose too quickly and shimmy it before slowing. Or am I doing it wrong
Old Dec 3rd 2009, 1:27 pm

Aviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Ben W Bell
Or you can be too high, slip to decrease altitude quickly, overdo the rudder and come down on one wheel, drop the nose too quickly and shimmy it before slowing. Or am I doing it wrong
Depends what you are on, side slipping a 330 is not recommended! Would improve the passengers view of the runway though (one side anyway). The others could pop over for a look!
Old Dec 3rd 2009, 6:53 pm
Forum Regular

Lol!!!! Thank you for the replies!!
Old Dec 3rd 2009, 9:29 pm
Beep

el_richo has a reputation beyond reputeel_richo has a reputation beyond reputeel_richo has a reputation beyond reputeel_richo has a reputation beyond reputeel_richo has a reputation beyond reputeel_richo has a reputation beyond reputeel_richo has a reputation beyond reputeel_richo has a reputation beyond reputeel_richo has a reputation beyond reputeel_richo has a reputation beyond reputeel_richo has a reputation beyond repute

Hello!

I am landing on Sunday and was wondering if anyone had any tips please....do I need a special custom form? Do I have everthing? Ia there a special line I need to stand in? Do I need to fill out anything on plane?? Any advice is appreciated, thank you so much
Just fill out the landing card as per normal on the aicraft, after arriving walk to passport control as per usual, then tell the officer that you're landing and would like to activate your PR Visa.

He'll direct you to the Immigration area where you hand your passport and accompanying documents to another officer. He'll ask a few questions and get you to sign some paperwork.

You then pop to pick up your luggage and attempt to leave as per normal.

Once you hand your landing card over near the exit, the officer should point you to customs where you show your goods following and accompanying lists. You sign more forms.

After that you get to leave the airport.

I landed a few weeks back and the whole process of leaving the aircraft and walking out of the airport took 35 minutes.

Relax and enjoy the experience.
Old Dec 4th 2009, 12:20 am
Analyst for hire

Ben W Bell has a reputation beyond reputeBen W Bell has a reputation beyond reputeBen W Bell has a reputation beyond reputeBen W Bell has a reputation beyond reputeBen W Bell has a reputation beyond reputeBen W Bell has a reputation beyond reputeBen W Bell has a reputation beyond reputeBen W Bell has a reputation beyond reputeBen W Bell has a reputation beyond reputeBen W Bell has a reputation beyond reputeBen W Bell has a reputation beyond repute

Depends what you are on, side slipping a 330 is not recommended! Would improve the passengers view of the runway though (one side anyway). The others could pop over for a look!
Nah, just a 172.
Old Dec 4th 2009, 4:31 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by el_richo
Just fill out the landing card as per normal on the aicraft, after arriving walk to passport control as per usual, then tell the officer that you're landing and would like to activate your PR Visa.

He'll direct you to the Immigration area where you hand your passport and accompanying documents to another officer. He'll ask a few questions and get you to sign some paperwork.

You then pop to pick up your luggage and attempt to leave as per normal.

Once you hand your landing card over near the exit, the officer should point you to customs where you show your goods following and accompanying lists. You sign more forms.

After that you get to leave the airport.

I landed a few weeks back and the whole process of leaving the aircraft and walking out of the airport took 35 minutes.

Relax and enjoy the experience.
Thank you....is there a particular customs form I need to fill out here? Or do I just type it out on a regular piece of paper? Thanks. Glad to hear your landing experience was good
Old Dec 4th 2009, 4:42 am
little snowy owl

Alberta_Rose has a reputation beyond reputeAlberta_Rose has a reputation beyond reputeAlberta_Rose has a reputation beyond reputeAlberta_Rose has a reputation beyond reputeAlberta_Rose has a reputation beyond reputeAlberta_Rose has a reputation beyond reputeAlberta_Rose has a reputation beyond reputeAlberta_Rose has a reputation beyond reputeAlberta_Rose has a reputation beyond reputeAlberta_Rose has a reputation beyond reputeAlberta_Rose has a reputation beyond repute

Thank you....is there a particular customs form I need to fill out here? Or do I just type it out on a regular piece of paper? Thanks. Glad to hear your landing experience was good
If you had followed the link in post #2 of this thread you might have found this already, but here it is: http://britishexpats.com/wiki/Goods_To_Follow-Canada

Click on the above link and there are detailed intructions including links to fillable forms for your goods following etc....

In fact we did not fill out an official form, but listed all our goods to follow on a typed sheet (kept duplicates) which was essentially the same as our shipping list. Seemed to work OK.
Old Dec 4th 2009, 4:45 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Alberta_Rose
If you had followed the link in post #2 of this thread you might have found this already, but here it is: http://britishexpats.com/wiki/Goods_To_Follow-Canada

Click on the above link and there are detailed intructions including links to fillable forms for your goods following etc....

In fact we did not fill out an official form, but listed all our goods to follow on a typed sheet (kept duplicates) which was essentially the same as our shipping list. Seemed to work OK.
I did go to the link earlier....and I could not find anything....all it said for landing and staying in Canada was welcome to Canada and then there was a list of things to do (like getting a drivers license and stuff) I could not find anything about customs forms. I will look again. And I do not have any goods to follow just the suitcases I am coming with. All my other belongings are already in Canada with my husband. Thanks
Old Dec 4th 2009, 4:48 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Alberta_Rose

Just tried your link...thanks it has the information I was looking for! Its a different link to the one in no2, thanks!
Old Dec 4th 2009, 4:53 am
little snowy owl

Alberta_Rose has a reputation beyond reputeAlberta_Rose has a reputation beyond reputeAlberta_Rose has a reputation beyond reputeAlberta_Rose has a reputation beyond reputeAlberta_Rose has a reputation beyond reputeAlberta_Rose has a reputation beyond reputeAlberta_Rose has a reputation beyond reputeAlberta_Rose has a reputation beyond reputeAlberta_Rose has a reputation beyond reputeAlberta_Rose has a reputation beyond reputeAlberta_Rose has a reputation beyond repute

Just tried your link...thanks it has the information I was looking for! Its a different link to the one in no2, thanks!
You're welcome ....
Old Dec 4th 2009, 8:14 am
Beep

el_richo has a reputation beyond reputeel_richo has a reputation beyond reputeel_richo has a reputation beyond reputeel_richo has a reputation beyond reputeel_richo has a reputation beyond reputeel_richo has a reputation beyond reputeel_richo has a reputation beyond reputeel_richo has a reputation beyond reputeel_richo has a reputation beyond reputeel_richo has a reputation beyond reputeel_richo has a reputation beyond repute

I assume you're asking about the Goods to follow/ accompany? I actually created an excel spreadsheet with the details. Very basic and simple and it worked a treat. Customs just staple it to the official documents that you sign.

The only other document you fill out is the usual landing card on the aircraft.

It's all a doddle too. It suprised me how smooth and easy it was.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.