Timing the move

Old Jun 18th 2011, 2:51 pm
Forum Regular

ralphster is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Timing the move

I'm about to send off my spousal sponsorship (Wife & kids all Cdn). We're looking at eventually settling in Vancouver Island, but need to be out of our UK house by mid-August. Rather than staying in the UK, could:

1) My wife move back to Canada with the kids. I visit Canada whilst waiting for PR (would we need to enter together?). When PPR from London comes, I sent my UK PP to London (whilst I stay in Canada), get the PP sent back to Canada and flagpole (where the nearest border point to Vancouver)?

What could scupper this?

- Interview request (is this likely for a straight-forward spousal sponsorship?)
- If an interview is requested, could that happen in Canada? If so, where?
- What about timelines, if my PP gets delayed in London and I need to leave Canada as my 6 months is up, would I be stuffed without a PP?
- Anything else to think about?

Thanks!
Old Jun 18th 2011, 4:23 pm

Jim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Timing the move

The plan is certainly workable. An interview is quite unlikely but would have to be in London. You can plan around any delay in receiving your passport by applying for an extension of your status in Canada about 2 months before it expires.
Old Jun 18th 2011, 4:30 pm
Forum Regular

edmontonian has much to be proud ofedmontonian has much to be proud ofedmontonian has much to be proud ofedmontonian has much to be proud ofedmontonian has much to be proud ofedmontonian has much to be proud ofedmontonian has much to be proud ofedmontonian has much to be proud ofedmontonian has much to be proud ofedmontonian has much to be proud ofedmontonian has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by ralphster
I'm about to send off my spousal sponsorship (Wife & kids all Cdn). We're looking at eventually settling in Vancouver Island, but need to be out of our UK house by mid-August. Rather than staying in the UK, could:

1) My wife move back to Canada with the kids. I visit Canada whilst waiting for PR (would we need to enter together?). When PPR from London comes, I sent my UK PP to London (whilst I stay in Canada), get the PP sent back to Canada and flagpole (where the nearest border point to Vancouver)?

What could scupper this?

- Interview request (is this likely for a straight-forward spousal sponsorship?)
- If an interview is requested, could that happen in Canada? If so, where?
- What about timelines, if my PP gets delayed in London and I need to leave Canada as my 6 months is up, would I be stuffed without a PP?
- Anything else to think about?

Thanks!
Seen as your wife and children are already Canadian, they can return to Canada, you can go their also and claim duel intent, be honest with the IO and tell them that you want to be with your wife and children while your PR application is being processed, you must be able to prove/convience the IO that you will return to the UK if the application fails for some reason, you will have to buy a return ticket for yourself as they might not let you either on the plane or enter Canada, as they may think this means you are not going to leave.

Once your PPR comes through you will send it to the London office, the turn around can take many weeks so make sure you dont need your passport in that time, once you get it returned to you you can then "flagpole"

You can also get lots of information from the Wiki at the top of the page in the blue bar.

if you were unlucky enough to get called for an interview (from what i have read is not likley unless they suspect something) the you most certainly would have to return to the Uk for this.

Outland applications seem to have a turn around of 2-6 months, but longer if there are any complications. Be prepared that the IO at the port of entry may not give you the full 6 months for entry to Canada, it is at their discretion, but if they do only give you say 2 months as an example, you can apply for an extension, but I think you need to apply at least 6 weeks before the time is up.

Im sure someone will be along soon to correct me if Im wrong, Take a real long look at the forum, it is full of very valuable information, and if you need to ask anymore questions or not clear on anything, someone will help you.
Good luck with your application
Ed
Old Jun 18th 2011, 4:30 pm
Forum Regular

edmontonian has much to be proud ofedmontonian has much to be proud ofedmontonian has much to be proud ofedmontonian has much to be proud ofedmontonian has much to be proud ofedmontonian has much to be proud ofedmontonian has much to be proud ofedmontonian has much to be proud ofedmontonian has much to be proud ofedmontonian has much to be proud ofedmontonian has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by Jim Humphries
The plan is certainly workable. An interview is quite unlikely but would have to be in London. You can plan around any delay in receiving your passport by applying for an extension of your status in Canada about 2 months before it expires.
Aww Jim you got in before me, was hoping i sounded like i knew what i was talking about