Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > Immigration & Citizenship (Canada)
Reload this Page >

timing - after successful notification

Wikiposts

timing - after successful notification

Old Jun 16th 2002, 12:20 am
C

Default timing - after successful notification

Hi!

I have not currently applied (hoping to do so soon after the new forms come out).

Upon receipt of a successful visa application - how long do you have to enter Canada
as a landed immigrant? I am thinking probably 6 or 12 months but have not been able
to find anything specific on the web.

Thanks

None Noner

Default Re: timing - after successful notification

> Upon receipt of a successful visa application - how long do you have to enter
    > Canada as a landed immigrant? I am thinking probably 6 or 12 months but have not
    > been able to find anything specific on the web.

Part of the application process for permanent residence involves an immigration
medical exam, and the results for this are valid for 12 months from the date of the
exam. If the application for permanent residence is approved, the the amount of time
available for landing after being issued with a visitor's visa is till the date of
the expiry of the medical results, or the expiry date of the passport, whichever
comes first.

Generally speaking, on average, a final decision is made and an immigrant visa issued
approximately 3-6 months after a medical exam is conducted, so in this case, if the
passport had sufficient validity, then the person would have 6-9 months from the
issuance of the visa itself in which to land in Canada.

In some cases where it takes longer for the decision to be made then the visa office
asks for a repeat of the medical exams, and again these will have avalidity of 12
months from the date they were done.

--
Posted via Mailgate.ORG Server - http://www.Mailgate.ORG

None Noner

Default Re: timing - after successful notification

Correction... "..residence is approved, the the amount of time available for landing
after being issued with a IMMIGRANT visa is till the date of the expiry...."

--
Posted via Mailgate.ORG Server - http://www.Mailgate.ORG