timing

Old Sep 25th 2004, 12:58 pm
Forum Regular

nervous_wreck is an unknown quantity at this point
Default timing

Hi there,
I finally got my fbi clearance and have mailed it out to Buffalo.

I also know that it was received by the consulate about a week ago.My medicals were received about 3 weeks ago (i found this out by conducting a status check with Medcanada).

I just was wondering as to when my file would be looked at again (given the fact that i was allowed 90 days to submit all documents since IA..which was conducted on July 7)?

Does this mean my file will be assessed one more time (this time with all documents in order) after October 5, 2004 (this is when the 90 day deadline expires)?
As always, would appreciate a reply.
Thanks
Old Sep 25th 2004, 1:52 pm

Jim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: timing

You really are a nervous wreck. Your file will be reviewed when documents arrive or other events are completed. They will not wait out the 90 days and then act, unless nothing has happened, which is not the case with your file.

Originally Posted by nervous_wreck
Hi there,
I finally got my fbi clearance and have mailed it out to Buffalo.

I also know that it was received by the consulate about a week ago.My medicals were received about 3 weeks ago (i found this out by conducting a status check with Medcanada).

I just was wondering as to when my file would be looked at again (given the fact that i was allowed 90 days to submit all documents since IA..which was conducted on July 7)?

Does this mean my file will be assessed one more time (this time with all documents in order) after October 5, 2004 (this is when the 90 day deadline expires)?
As always, would appreciate a reply.
Thanks
Old Sep 25th 2004, 3:00 pm

Andrew Miller is an unknown quantity at this point

Just to add to Jim's comment - there is more than medicals and FBI clearance needed to conclude the case. After interview waiver (or successful interview if one was required) processing officer initiated background/security check also - this task may take anywhere from few months to well over a year to conclude, depending from your background, activities, associations, nationality, countries you resided in and other factors.

Relax...

Originally Posted by Jim Humphries
You really are a nervous wreck. Your file will be reviewed when documents arrive or other events are completed. They will not wait out the 90 days and then act, unless nothing has happened, which is not the case with your file.
Old Sep 25th 2004, 8:48 pm
Forum Regular

nervous_wreck is an unknown quantity at this point

Dear Jim and Andrew,

Thanks so much for your opinions and the kind (and well meaning advice).
I know i can always count on you for sincere and frank opinions.
Old Sep 25th 2004, 10:43 pm
BE Enthusiast

orazone is on a distinguished road

I thought there was no way to track/verify medicals. what is MedCanada ? and how one can verify if consulate has received results ? and what info you need to run the check ?

Originally Posted by nervous_wreck
Old Sep 26th 2004, 12:51 am
PMM
Lost in BE Cyberspace

PMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond repute

Hi Orazone

Originally Posted by orazone
I thought there was no way to track/verify medicals. what is MedCanada ? and how one can verify if consulate has received results ? and what info you need to run the check ?
The one way to check on medical receipt is through eclient. medcanada.com is a mail order drug prescription company.

PMM
Old Sep 26th 2004, 1:42 am
Forum Regular

brzinter is an unknown quantity at this point

I ordered the caips, it showed my ME was received by Buffalo at middle of Aug, which is 1.5 months after I did ME. but till today, there is no update from eclient, so I believe only in the very last stage, say the background is over, then they will update eclient to ME received.
Old Sep 26th 2004, 1:47 am
Forum Regular

BTW: Hi Jim, Anderew and PMM

I did ME 3 months ago, and other documents 2.5 months ago. recently the rcmp check was there too. I am single and only stayed in USA and China, 4 months in Canada also. so usually how long my waiting should be over based on your experience. Thanks

Originally Posted by brzinter
I ordered the caips, it showed my ME was received by Buffalo at middle of Aug, which is 1.5 months after I did ME. but till today, there is no update from eclient, so I believe only in the very last stage, say the background is over, then they will update eclient to ME received.
Old Sep 26th 2004, 2:05 am

Andrew Miller is an unknown quantity at this point

China will be the main factor here as many Chinese endure 12+ months long security check. But not all though - so, keep your fingers crossed.

BTW: Hi Jim, Anderew and PMM

I did ME 3 months ago, and other documents 2.5 months ago. recently the rcmp check was there too. I am single and only stayed in USA and China, 4 months in Canada also. so usually how long my waiting should be over based on your experience. Thanks
Old Sep 26th 2004, 3:41 am
Forum Regular

Thanks a lot. My IA only took 8 months, RCMP only took 2 months, so I think for Immigration, I did have luck!

Originally Posted by Andrew Miller
China will be the main factor here as many Chinese endure 12+ months long security check. But not all though - so, keep your fingers crossed.
Old Sep 27th 2004, 1:58 am
Forum Regular

water-ruby is an unknown quantity at this point

U r lucky ur RCMp took only 2 months. I kinda hv the same timeline as u...dunno if RCMP rec'd yet by buffalo.. any way u can tell besides ordering CAIPS?

Thanks a lot. My IA only took 8 months, RCMP only took 2 months, so I think for Immigration, I did have luck!
Old Sep 27th 2004, 5:03 am

Jim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond repute
Smile Re: timing

Originally Posted by water-ruby
U r lucky ur RCMp took only 2 months. I kinda hv the same timeline as u...dunno if RCMP rec'd yet by buffalo.. any way u can tell besides ordering CAIPS?
The only way to find out wouold be to order CAIPS but, if the processing is still within normal time ranges, you would only find that something else is holding up approval. In most cases that would be the background/security check. People seem to believe that the visa offices lose very file, forget every address change, and do not work very well. With few exceptions that is not true. Slow processing is a result of too many cases chasing too few resources, not sloppy errors.