Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > Immigration & Citizenship (Canada)
Reload this Page >

timescales for PNP/ Pr applications from outside Canada

timescales for PNP/ Pr applications from outside Canada

Old Mar 27th 2013, 7:07 am
B.E.Enthusiast

vettemaster is just really nicevettemaster is just really nicevettemaster is just really nicevettemaster is just really nicevettemaster is just really nicevettemaster is just really nicevettemaster is just really nicevettemaster is just really nicevettemaster is just really nice
Default Re: timescales for PNP/ Pr applications from outside Canada

Originally Posted by chiefmissile
Hi all,

Well just after I had lost faith and slagged off London VO, 5 minutes later I received an email from them (Are they monitoring this site?) asking for a detailed explanation as to how I will economically establish my self once in Canada and supply 6 months bank statements (This seems common with most applicants). This was submitted with our MPNP application (Settlement Plan 1&2) they want it again? It even says on the email that they realise as a PNP applicant that we have submitted this information before but want it again? Oh well just have to gather what they want and send it off with a smile.

The strange thing is, they have also requested RPRF payment but no MR, thought RPRF & MR were requested together? They also informed me that they reviewed our application in London on the 5th March and have given us a new Ref number?

So eventually movement, so that's good...........for now!

Regards

Andrew
Hi Andrew, We had a simular experience ourselves just after Lnd had received our application. Doc's had been originally sent with our application to Sydney, but they were requested again by CHC Ldn

Good to hear that your application is moving forwards
Old Mar 27th 2013, 7:09 am
BE Enthusiast

Dammy is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi all,

Well just after I had lost faith and slagged off London VO, 5 minutes later I received an email from them (Are they monitoring this site?) asking for a detailed explanation as to how I will economically establish my self once in Canada and supply 6 months bank statements (This seems common with most applicants). This was submitted with our MPNP application (Settlement Plan 1&2) they want it again? It even says on the email that they realise as a PNP applicant that we have submitted this information before but want it again? Oh well just have to gather what they want and send it off with a smile.

The strange thing is, they have also requested RPRF payment but no MR, thought RPRF & MR were requested together? They also informed me that they reviewed our application in London on the 5th March and have given us a new Ref number?

So eventually movement, so that's good...........for now!

Regards

Andrew
Congrat Chiefmissile.
Old Mar 27th 2013, 7:11 am
Andrew

chiefmissile is a name known to allchiefmissile is a name known to allchiefmissile is a name known to allchiefmissile is a name known to allchiefmissile is a name known to allchiefmissile is a name known to allchiefmissile is a name known to allchiefmissile is a name known to allchiefmissile is a name known to allchiefmissile is a name known to allchiefmissile is a name known to all

Originally Posted by vettemaster
Hi Andrew, We had a simular experience ourselves just after Lnd had received our application. Doc's had been originally sent with our application to Sydney, but they were requested again by CHC Ldn

Good to hear that your application is moving forwards
Originally Posted by Dammy
Congrat Chiefmissile.
Thanks Guys,

Any thought on why RPRF requested but no MR?

Regards

Andrew
Old Mar 27th 2013, 7:12 am
B.E.Enthusiast

vettemaster is just really nicevettemaster is just really nicevettemaster is just really nicevettemaster is just really nicevettemaster is just really nicevettemaster is just really nicevettemaster is just really nicevettemaster is just really nicevettemaster is just really nice

We got ours with our medical requests. We are losing faith as we get told one thing and another thing seems to happen.
Thanks Guys,

Regards

Andrew

Last edited by vettemaster; Mar 27th 2013 at 7:16 am.
Old Mar 27th 2013, 7:14 am
BE Enthusiast

Dammy is an unknown quantity at this point

Thanks Guys,

Regards

Andrew

Honestly I really dont know. The usually trend is to request for MR thereafter RPRF, but seems they can easily alternate the process. Got both MR and RPRF together.
Old Mar 27th 2013, 7:15 am
Andrew

chiefmissile is a name known to allchiefmissile is a name known to allchiefmissile is a name known to allchiefmissile is a name known to allchiefmissile is a name known to allchiefmissile is a name known to allchiefmissile is a name known to allchiefmissile is a name known to allchiefmissile is a name known to allchiefmissile is a name known to allchiefmissile is a name known to all

Originally Posted by vettemaster
We got ours with our medical requests.
Maybe MR are a day or so behind in the post if not their RPRF request dose not make sense
Old Mar 27th 2013, 7:17 am
B.E.Enthusiast

Maybe MR are a day or so behind in the post if not their RPRF request dose not make sense
I tweeted them too. How about sorting about the poor communication between visa office and clients
Old Mar 27th 2013, 7:26 am
Forum Regular

AVACON is on a distinguished road

Thanks Guys,

Regards

Andrew
Congrats Chiefmissile

I got RPRF request a day before the auto generated MR (MR came exactly 24 hrs after RPRF). This seems to be the trend lately for out of canada VO, just my guess!
Old Mar 27th 2013, 8:30 am
BE Forum Addict

Location: Hubley, Nova Scotia (from Scotland via Yorkshire and London)
Kaye5 is a glorious beacon of lightKaye5 is a glorious beacon of lightKaye5 is a glorious beacon of lightKaye5 is a glorious beacon of lightKaye5 is a glorious beacon of lightKaye5 is a glorious beacon of lightKaye5 is a glorious beacon of lightKaye5 is a glorious beacon of lightKaye5 is a glorious beacon of lightKaye5 is a glorious beacon of lightKaye5 is a glorious beacon of light

Congratulations on seeing some movement, Chiefmissile!

We didn't get asked for the economic plan, and our RPRF and MR came together.

Though it doesn't seem unusual these days to be asked (again) for the economic plan.

There seems no logic behind much of it - you're right to just go with the flow.
Old Mar 27th 2013, 8:37 am
Andrew

Originally Posted by Kaye5
Congratulations on seeing some movement, Chiefmissile!

We didn't get asked for the economic plan, and our RPRF and MR came together.

Though it doesn't seem unusual these days to be asked (again) for the economic plan.

There seems no logic behind much of it - you're right to just go with the flow.
Thanks, its no bother really, just copy what I sent to MPNP and update the bank statements etc, which I did today. Biggest hassle was trying to get the Bankers Draft in CAD $, they did not have a clue how to do that in the Halifax! Waited almost an hour at the counter, but they did waiver the £20 fee and gave me a £15 sweetener. They faxed off the order form before I left, so not complaining.............really.

Regards

Andrew
Old Mar 27th 2013, 8:46 am
BE Forum Addict

Location: Hubley, Nova Scotia (from Scotland via Yorkshire and London)
Kaye5 is a glorious beacon of lightKaye5 is a glorious beacon of lightKaye5 is a glorious beacon of lightKaye5 is a glorious beacon of lightKaye5 is a glorious beacon of lightKaye5 is a glorious beacon of lightKaye5 is a glorious beacon of lightKaye5 is a glorious beacon of lightKaye5 is a glorious beacon of lightKaye5 is a glorious beacon of lightKaye5 is a glorious beacon of light

Thanks, its no bother really, just copy what I sent to MPNP and update the bank statements etc, which I did today. Biggest hassle was trying to get the Bankers Draft in CAD $, they did not have a clue how to do that in the Halifax! Waited almost an hour at the counter, but they did waiver the £20 fee and gave me a £15 sweetener. They faxed off the order form before I left, so not complaining.............really.

Regards

Andrew
Yes, I've heard people have problems with the bank draft...

Santander managed it - although when we got ours in the 2 person Berwick upon Tweed branch, they had to go through the instruction manual! But still did it while we waited.
Old Mar 31st 2013, 4:41 pm
Just Joined

Returninghome is an unknown quantity at this point

OK, did't read past the opening post but I think I get the idea.

We applied for Canadian PR (Family sponsor - Common Law) from the UK in May 2012. We sent the application with numerous letters of support, the medical, police checks, everything.

In August 2012 I received noticed that my application (as the sponsor) was accepted. (excellent news as we had already moved to Canada!).

In December 2012 we received notice that further proof of our status as Common Law was required. I sent of 2 years of bank statements showing my financial contributions to our house/life & my car insurance papers with both our names and our UK address (If I knew then what I new now - we would have opened a joint bank account, put my name on the phone bill...but who thinks of these things...)

In FEB 2013 I checked our online status that stated a decision had been made. It took 2+ weeks to receive the paperwork.

total time 10 months.
Old Apr 1st 2013, 12:18 am

Jim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Kaye5
Yes, I've heard people have problems with the bank draft...

Santander managed it - although when we got ours in the 2 person Berwick upon Tweed branch, they had to go through the instruction manual! But still did it while we waited.
These are so very easy to get in Canada if you have cash or an account with the bank. I have always wondered what is the problem with UK banks.
Old Apr 1st 2013, 1:16 am
BE Enthusiast

manitobain is a glorious beacon of lightmanitobain is a glorious beacon of lightmanitobain is a glorious beacon of lightmanitobain is a glorious beacon of lightmanitobain is a glorious beacon of lightmanitobain is a glorious beacon of lightmanitobain is a glorious beacon of lightmanitobain is a glorious beacon of lightmanitobain is a glorious beacon of lightmanitobain is a glorious beacon of lightmanitobain is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by AVACON
Congrats Chiefmissile

I got RPRF request a day before the auto generated MR (MR came exactly 24 hrs after RPRF). This seems to be the trend lately for out of canada VO, just my guess!
yeah, have seen that too. So just give it a few days and you might have your MR as well
Old Apr 2nd 2013, 3:42 am
B.E.Enthusiast

Is no news good news?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.