Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > Immigration & Citizenship (Canada)
Reload this Page >

timescales for PNP/ Pr applications from outside Canada

timescales for PNP/ Pr applications from outside Canada

Old Mar 16th 2013, 12:33 pm
BE Enthusiast

manitobain is a glorious beacon of lightmanitobain is a glorious beacon of lightmanitobain is a glorious beacon of lightmanitobain is a glorious beacon of lightmanitobain is a glorious beacon of lightmanitobain is a glorious beacon of lightmanitobain is a glorious beacon of lightmanitobain is a glorious beacon of lightmanitobain is a glorious beacon of lightmanitobain is a glorious beacon of lightmanitobain is a glorious beacon of light
Default Re: timescales for PNP/ Pr applications from outside Canada

Originally Posted by vettemaster
Hi Violets, Kaye, Andrew and everyone else, we have 116 days or 3 months and 22 days until our medicals expire We have not had a reply to our email dated on the 4/3/2013, so we are considering contacting the Program Director for London VO (after a lot of thinking)

(Thinks! Brave decision!?)
how many emails have you sent to CIC over time? Every correspondance it says not to contact them other than circumstances are changing or the average times are up...don't think an email only sent on March 4 would be considered already "over average" for answering?

How many times have others sent emails asking for status ? I am curious..as I am sticking with my theory, the more you bug them (w/o other reason than being impatient) the slower it might go.

just my 5 cents...
Old Mar 16th 2013, 7:52 pm
Forum Regular

garethnock is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi Violets, Kaye, Andrew and everyone else, we have 116 days or 3 months and 22 days until our medicals expire We have not had a reply to our email dated on the 4/3/2013, so we are considering contacting the Program Director for London VO (after a lot of thinking)

(Thinks! Brave decision!?)
I agree with some other replies about not emailing unless you really have too, but I had to email the program manager re: wrongfully rejecting my applications back in July 2012 - and she was very helpful and investigated my case and now I am back and got PPR last week.

On an interesting side note I sat down and worked out that over my 3 years of process, I have had too email CIC 6 times directly because of mistakes made in my case (by CIC not by me - rejection/requesting money already paid/PPR with no instructions attached/ misplacing ym file etc). I was frustrated because they continued to tell to not email them because it slowed down my case....
I understand that visa offices are humam and make mistakes but they seem to be easily avoidable and without them I think I would already be sitting in Toronto and out of CIC's hair

Just my thoughts!

A very happy PPR-er
Old Mar 16th 2013, 11:08 pm
B.E.Enthusiast

vettemaster is just really nicevettemaster is just really nicevettemaster is just really nicevettemaster is just really nicevettemaster is just really nicevettemaster is just really nicevettemaster is just really nicevettemaster is just really nicevettemaster is just really nice

Originally Posted by garethnock
I agree with some other replies about not emailing unless you really have too, but I had to email the program manager re: wrongfully rejecting my applications back in July 2012 - and she was very helpful and investigated my case and now I am back and got PPR last week.

On an interesting side note I sat down and worked out that over my 3 years of process, I have had too email CIC 6 times directly because of mistakes made in my case (by CIC not by me - rejection/requesting money already paid/PPR with no instructions attached/ misplacing ym file etc). I was frustrated because they continued to tell to not email them because it slowed down my case....
I understand that visa offices are humam and make mistakes but they seem to be easily avoidable and without them I think I would already be sitting in Toronto and out of CIC's hair

Just my thoughts!

A very happy PPR-er
Hi Garethnoch & Ilse, Its one of those difficult decisions. Do we or don't we contact the Program Director? There has been a medical issue that has slowed down the process ie: due to CHC wanting extra information, then us emailing to ask how long the medical review will take etc. But then out of the blue another email (unexpected email) over 2 months ago asking for more medical information from our DMP and a letter from our consultant/doctor? Now we were initially told in November 2012 that a decision would be made prior to this request and then they decide in January 2013, that they now want more information.

They have had this information nearly 7 weeks now and we have still not heard anything I agree with others saying to be patient, but just how patient do we be? Not having any information from CHC regarding the processing of our application is not helping. We were hoping that as this is a PNP PR application, that we would have had PR by the beginning of 2013. I don't think certainly we are being impatient.

We just want to move on with our lives and plan ahead with our move etc. We can't plan anything at the moment. We can't even move as visitors either as we don't 100% know if PR will be successful. We certainly don't want to give up, only to have to come back to the UK again.

Our medicals expire in a few months. If the medicals expire (god forbid) will we have to go through this all over again??

Answering Manitobains (Ilse's) question : We have only asked for an application update by email twice in just under 12 months. There were a couple of other emails just asking them to acknowledge receipt of documents.

I understand there are others who maybe in a worse position than we are in, but there are also others who have been processed in just a few months. I also understand that opinions regarding contacting CHC or the Program Director, are just opinions from regular forum members and we appreciate there views, although none of us actually work for Immigration (with the exception of a couple of people) so we do not actually know if case specific emails actually slow down/delay our PR application or not, or whether emailing the Program Director is a good/bad Idea or whether it helps or not.

We would certainly welcome any advice from any forum members, preferably those who currently work for Immigration or worked for them in the past.

We just feel like puppets on strings

Last edited by vettemaster; Mar 17th 2013 at 12:26 am.
Old Mar 16th 2013, 11:41 pm
Forum Regular

garethnock is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi Garethnoch & Ilse, Its one of those difficult decisions. Do we or don't we contact the Program Director? There has been a medical issue that has slowed down the process ie: due to CHC wanting extra information, then us emailing to ask how long the medical review will take etc. But then out of the blue another email (unexpected email) over 2 months ago asking for more medical information from our DMP and a letter from our consultant/doctor? Now we were initially told in November 2012 that a decision would be made prior to this request and then they decide in January 2013, that they now want more information.

They have had this information nearly 7 weeks now and we have still not heard anything I agree with others saying to be patient, but just how patient do we be? Not having any information from CHC regarding the processing of our application is not helping. We were hoping that as this is a PNP PR application, that we would have had PR by the beginning of 2013. I don't think certainly we are being impatient.

We just want to move on with our lives and plan ahead with our move etc. We can't plan anything at the moment. We can't even move as visitors either as we don't 100% know if PR will be successful. We certainly don't want to give up, only to have to come back to the UK again.

Our medicals expire in a few months. If the medicals expire (god forbid) will we have to go through this all over again??

I understand there are others who maybe in a worse position than we are in, but there are also others who have been processed in just a few months. I also understand that opinions regarding contacting CHC or the Program Director, are just opinions from regular forum members and we appreciate there views, although none of us actually work for Immigration (with the exception of a couple of people) so we do not actually know if case specific emails actually slow down/delay our PR application or not, or whether emailing the Program Director is a good/bad Idea or whether it helps or not.

Summed up very well.. we just don't know!
Old Mar 16th 2013, 11:47 pm
B.E.Enthusiast

vettemaster is just really nicevettemaster is just really nicevettemaster is just really nicevettemaster is just really nicevettemaster is just really nicevettemaster is just really nicevettemaster is just really nicevettemaster is just really nicevettemaster is just really nice

Summed up very well.. we just don't know!
Wouldn't it be great if there was just a bit more communication between Immigration and clients? Even our DMP stated that communication was very poor between them (DMP vs Immigration)

Another point, what is the point in having an E-client system if they are not going to update it We are still showing as (In Process) since 23rd April 2012 During use of the E-Client service, we have completed the client survey at the end many times now. We have opted for the optional email updates as a preferred option, if they ever change to that in the near future.

Last edited by vettemaster; Mar 16th 2013 at 11:57 pm.
Old Mar 17th 2013, 12:37 am
Andrew

chiefmissile is a name known to allchiefmissile is a name known to allchiefmissile is a name known to allchiefmissile is a name known to allchiefmissile is a name known to allchiefmissile is a name known to allchiefmissile is a name known to allchiefmissile is a name known to allchiefmissile is a name known to allchiefmissile is a name known to allchiefmissile is a name known to all

Answering Manitobains (Ilse's) question : We have only asked for an application update by email twice in just under 12 months. There were a couple of other emails just asking them to acknowledge receipt of documents.

We would certainly welcome any advice from any forum members, preferably those who currently work for Immigration or worked for them in the past.

Well said mate, couldn't have put it better myself. The way in which your application has been handled by London VO frightens me Hope you hear something this week

I do think that you should email the Program Director, I think that will do the trick.

Regards

Andrew
Old Mar 17th 2013, 12:48 am
B.E.Enthusiast

Originally Posted by chiefmissile
Well said mate, couldn't have put it better myself. The way in which your application has been handled by London VO frightens me Hope you hear something this week

I do think that you should email the Program Director, I think that will do the trick.

Regards

Andrew
Thanks Andrew, We are certainly considering it We do not want to stirr things up or tread on anyones toes, but to be honest, this waiting and not knowing anything its stressing us both out. If fact this has been one of the most stressful parts of our lives so far Its supposed to be an adventure? is it not? All we want to know at the minimum, is what is happening to our application currently

We can't even speak to a real person from Immigration as our PNP PR application is an outland application

Last edited by vettemaster; Mar 17th 2013 at 1:00 am.
Old Mar 17th 2013, 2:55 am
B.E.Enthusiast

Regards

Andrew
Originally Posted by manitobain
how many emails have you sent to CIC over time? Every correspondance it says not to contact them other than circumstances are changing or the average times are up...don't think an email only sent on March 4 would be considered already "over average" for answering?

How many times have others sent emails asking for status ? I am curious..as I am sticking with my theory, the more you bug them (w/o other reason than being impatient) the slower it might go.

just my 5 cents...

Just my thoughts!

A very happy PPR-er

Well guys, A friendly straight forward email has been sent to the Program Director at London CHC. We have concentrated on the facts mainly and hope to get a response this week.
Old Mar 17th 2013, 3:17 am
Andrew

chiefmissile is a name known to allchiefmissile is a name known to allchiefmissile is a name known to allchiefmissile is a name known to allchiefmissile is a name known to allchiefmissile is a name known to allchiefmissile is a name known to allchiefmissile is a name known to allchiefmissile is a name known to allchiefmissile is a name known to allchiefmissile is a name known to all

Well guys, A friendly straight forward email has been sent to the Program Director at London CHC. We have concentrated on the facts mainly and hope to get a response this week.
Well done, I am sure this will do the trick. I have heard of other who did this, and it resolved their issues very quickly

Regards

Andrew
Old Mar 17th 2013, 3:28 am
B.E.Enthusiast

Well done, I am sure this will do the trick. I have heard of other who did this, and it resolved their issues very quickly

Regards

Andrew
Andrew, it will take more than an email to CHC to resolve my issues

Thanks though Mate
Old Mar 17th 2013, 3:46 am

Jim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond repute

Andrew, it will take more than an email to CHC to resolve my issues

Thanks though Mate
I'm afraid I have forgotten the medical issue that is holding you up. If the condition is a serious one then you probably will not hear back until perhaps July since it would be reviewed at their head office in Ottawa. There would be nothing the visa office can do for you until they receive the advice of the medical reviewers. Sorry if that blights your day.
Old Mar 17th 2013, 5:34 am
B.E.Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Jim Humphries
I'm afraid I have forgotten the medical issue that is holding you up. If the condition is a serious one then you probably will not hear back until perhaps July since it would be reviewed at their head office in Ottawa. There would be nothing the visa office can do for you until they receive the advice of the medical reviewers. Sorry if that blights your day.
Hi Jim, We did not know this. Thanks for the information. It is very helpful.

Jim, why will July be the date it will be reviewed ?

Last edited by vettemaster; Mar 17th 2013 at 5:46 am.
Old Mar 17th 2013, 5:58 am

Jim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond repute

In my experience reviews at HQ take about that time and I counted from the last med info request. It is an "educated" estimate only of course.
Old Mar 17th 2013, 6:09 am
B.E.Enthusiast

Thumbs up Re: timescales for PNP/ Pr applications from outside Canada

In my experience reviews at HQ take about that time and I counted from the last med info request. It is an "educated" estimate only of course.
Hi Jim, ok. Thanks again. You have been a great help. It is great to have you as a member of BE
Old Mar 18th 2013, 3:50 am
B.E.Enthusiast

Hi Jim,

We have friends in who Immigrated to Canada a few years ago under a TWP. One of them also had a similar previous medical condition. Although their condition was more severe than ours, their previous condition returned during a inland medical exam for PR, they were lucky enough to be excepted. Unlucky that the condition returned, but very lucky it was picked up on the medical exam.

I really hope we are lucky to be accepted too, but who knows? as times do change

Last edited by vettemaster; Mar 18th 2013 at 3:55 am.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.