Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > Immigration & Citizenship (Canada)
Reload this Page >

timescales for PNP/ Pr applications from outside Canada

timescales for PNP/ Pr applications from outside Canada

Old Feb 20th 2013, 1:57 pm
Andrew

chiefmissile is a name known to allchiefmissile is a name known to allchiefmissile is a name known to allchiefmissile is a name known to allchiefmissile is a name known to allchiefmissile is a name known to allchiefmissile is a name known to allchiefmissile is a name known to allchiefmissile is a name known to allchiefmissile is a name known to allchiefmissile is a name known to all
Default Re: timescales for PNP/ Pr applications from outside Canada

Originally Posted by vettemaster
As long as the voltage is the same there should not be an issue. We also have many friends in Manitoba, we chat regularly but it is also a matter of electrical safety. I would have thought it would have made more sense though to use Canadian/US sockets rather that convert to UK sockets.

I wonder when you would stand Insurance wise if there was an electrical fire?
Not sure about the insurance query
Old Feb 20th 2013, 2:02 pm
B.E.Enthusiast

vettemaster is just really nicevettemaster is just really nicevettemaster is just really nicevettemaster is just really nicevettemaster is just really nicevettemaster is just really nicevettemaster is just really nicevettemaster is just really nicevettemaster is just really nice

Originally Posted by chiefmissile
Not sure about the insurance query
Have you read about Canadian garages catching fire over the winter due to dodgy electrics and worn cables etc while leaving their engine block heaters on

Last edited by vettemaster; Feb 20th 2013 at 2:04 pm.
Old Feb 20th 2013, 2:04 pm
Andrew

chiefmissile is a name known to allchiefmissile is a name known to allchiefmissile is a name known to allchiefmissile is a name known to allchiefmissile is a name known to allchiefmissile is a name known to allchiefmissile is a name known to allchiefmissile is a name known to allchiefmissile is a name known to allchiefmissile is a name known to allchiefmissile is a name known to all

Have you read about Canadian garages catching fire over the winter due to dodgy electrics and worn cables etc while leaving there block heaters on
Nope, my parents are away for the winter and they leave their heating on
Old Feb 20th 2013, 2:06 pm
B.E.Enthusiast

vettemaster is just really nicevettemaster is just really nicevettemaster is just really nicevettemaster is just really nicevettemaster is just really nicevettemaster is just really nicevettemaster is just really nicevettemaster is just really nicevettemaster is just really nice

Nope, my parents are away for the winter and they leave their heating on
What heating do they have? A furnace or electrical heating ?
Old Feb 20th 2013, 3:44 pm
Andrew

What heating do they have? A furnace or electrical heating ?
Mate they have electric, Manitoba is one of the cheapest energy providers, lots cheaper than UK.
Old Feb 20th 2013, 3:48 pm
B.E.Enthusiast

Mate they have electric, Manitoba is one of the cheapest energy providers, lots cheaper than UK.
I just wondered as 2 of our friends use a furnace and one uses oil in Manitoba
Old Feb 22nd 2013, 2:44 pm
B.E.Enthusiast

Originally Posted by manitobain
Sorry Andy, somebody else was faster and claimed the good deed for the day already :P ...plus...not sure your or our dogs want to share territory..

Yes, agree, mortgage can be cheaper than renting (hence that is why there isn't that much rental property around)...but if you don't know if you stay...still a wise choice to rent first. In Kaye's situation it might be bit different, if they are determinent to stay due to their program and have visited several times..

Yeah, choices won't be that big...but then.. stop being to picky? We haven't left anybody standing on the street yet...and I am sure Louis will take good care of you anyway.
Originally Posted by Kaye5
I was just thinking about you! No news then.

We're still awaiting COPR (though it has only been a week, so not due yet) and failing to sell our house.

Did you have any luck with your viewer?

I just contacted another agent who can - and will - let and market for sale at the same time. Current agent not willing to do it. 2 more months, then we'll have to put it up for let.
Originally Posted by Violets are blue
Ahhhhh back cyberland or whatever its called. I thought you were going to say you received COPR . Usually takes 4-6 weeks, from what others have said, after sending further information, so hopefully just another few weeks to go .

Have you packed up your house or anything yet, mine is taking forever, it goes something like this - one step forward, total mess, a few steps back, total mess, another half step forward, more mess and so it goes on . Its getting there but very messy business. I had made some headway with it a few months ago but not as much as I thought . Think I will go minimalist - zeroist when I move . I think its because I plan on taking very little .
Well guy's nothing amazing to report yet We did have an email from EFL (what who ever that is) London CHC, advising that they are looking at the additional medical information they received at the beginning of February

Not long now (sigh) hopefully

How are all you guy's doing lately?
Old Feb 22nd 2013, 7:30 pm
BE Forum Addict

Location: Hubley, Nova Scotia (from Scotland via Yorkshire and London)
Kaye5 is a glorious beacon of lightKaye5 is a glorious beacon of lightKaye5 is a glorious beacon of lightKaye5 is a glorious beacon of lightKaye5 is a glorious beacon of lightKaye5 is a glorious beacon of lightKaye5 is a glorious beacon of lightKaye5 is a glorious beacon of lightKaye5 is a glorious beacon of lightKaye5 is a glorious beacon of lightKaye5 is a glorious beacon of light

Well guy's nothing amazing to report yet We did have an email from EFL (what who ever that is) London CHC, advising that they are looking at the additional medical information they received at the beginning of February

We're still awaiting COPR and failing to sell our house.

Old Feb 22nd 2013, 8:51 pm
B.E.Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Kaye5
We're still awaiting COPR and failing to sell our house.

Old Feb 22nd 2013, 9:13 pm
BE Enthusiast

Violets are blue has a brilliant futureViolets are blue has a brilliant futureViolets are blue has a brilliant futureViolets are blue has a brilliant futureViolets are blue has a brilliant futureViolets are blue has a brilliant futureViolets are blue has a brilliant future

Im still packing/making a mess , hoping to have most of it done by the end of February
Old Feb 22nd 2013, 9:20 pm
B.E.Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Violets are blue
Im still packing/making a mess , hoping to have most of it done by the end of February
Thats good Violets Keep up the good work
Old Feb 23rd 2013, 6:27 am
BE Enthusiast

Conmar has a reputation beyond reputeConmar has a reputation beyond reputeConmar has a reputation beyond reputeConmar has a reputation beyond reputeConmar has a reputation beyond reputeConmar has a reputation beyond reputeConmar has a reputation beyond reputeConmar has a reputation beyond reputeConmar has a reputation beyond reputeConmar has a reputation beyond reputeConmar has a reputation beyond repute

Hi Vettemaster, hi Violets (and all others too)

we are preparing our own mess, getting ready for our medicals on March 8th; of course my wife and I have both managed to fall ill...perfect preparation
Old Feb 23rd 2013, 9:26 am
B.E.Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Conmar
Hi Vettemaster, hi Violets (and all others too)

we are preparing our own mess, getting ready for our medicals on March 8th; of course my wife and I have both managed to fall ill...perfect preparation
Hi Conmar, I hope you both get well soon Best of luck with your medicals
Old Feb 25th 2013, 5:25 am
BE Enthusiast

Conmar has a reputation beyond reputeConmar has a reputation beyond reputeConmar has a reputation beyond reputeConmar has a reputation beyond reputeConmar has a reputation beyond reputeConmar has a reputation beyond reputeConmar has a reputation beyond reputeConmar has a reputation beyond reputeConmar has a reputation beyond reputeConmar has a reputation beyond reputeConmar has a reputation beyond repute

Hi Conmar, I hope you both get well soon Best of luck with your medicals
Thanks vettemaster,

wifey is already recovering, so your good wishes work already.
Old Feb 25th 2013, 10:16 am
B.E.Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Conmar
Thanks vettemaster,

wifey is already recovering, so your good wishes work already.
Good to hear this

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.