Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > Immigration & Citizenship (Canada)
Reload this Page >

timescales for PNP/ Pr applications from outside Canada

timescales for PNP/ Pr applications from outside Canada

Old Feb 14th 2013, 2:47 am
Andrew

chiefmissile is a name known to allchiefmissile is a name known to allchiefmissile is a name known to allchiefmissile is a name known to allchiefmissile is a name known to allchiefmissile is a name known to allchiefmissile is a name known to allchiefmissile is a name known to allchiefmissile is a name known to allchiefmissile is a name known to allchiefmissile is a name known to all
Default Re: timescales for PNP/ Pr applications from outside Canada

Originally Posted by GazGsm1
Well Ladies & Gents, my COPR arrived today. Excited, just a wee bit pmsl
Big congrats, well done, good luck with landing

Regards

Andrew
Old Feb 14th 2013, 3:15 am
Forum Regular

GazGsm1 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by chiefmissile
Big congrats, well done, good luck with landing

Regards

Andrew
Thanks Andrew,

I don't intend to move just yet. Around Mid April I think, I'll send some stuff on ahead of me. Clothes, books etc.
Old Feb 14th 2013, 3:33 am
B.E.Enthusiast

vettemaster is just really nicevettemaster is just really nicevettemaster is just really nicevettemaster is just really nicevettemaster is just really nicevettemaster is just really nicevettemaster is just really nicevettemaster is just really nicevettemaster is just really nice

Congratulations
Old Feb 14th 2013, 4:53 am
Forum Regular

GazGsm1 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by vettemaster
Congratulations
Thanks Vette,

Fingers crossed for you. I really hope you get the news you're hoping for soon.
Old Feb 14th 2013, 6:29 am
BE Enthusiast

Dammy is an unknown quantity at this point

Congratulations GazGsm1, sure you will hit Canada before summer
Old Feb 14th 2013, 6:56 am
BE Forum Addict

Location: Hubley, Nova Scotia (from Scotland via Yorkshire and London)
Kaye5 is a glorious beacon of lightKaye5 is a glorious beacon of lightKaye5 is a glorious beacon of lightKaye5 is a glorious beacon of lightKaye5 is a glorious beacon of lightKaye5 is a glorious beacon of lightKaye5 is a glorious beacon of lightKaye5 is a glorious beacon of lightKaye5 is a glorious beacon of lightKaye5 is a glorious beacon of lightKaye5 is a glorious beacon of light

Congratulations Gaz!
Old Feb 14th 2013, 7:44 am
BE Enthusiast

Violets are blue has a brilliant futureViolets are blue has a brilliant futureViolets are blue has a brilliant futureViolets are blue has a brilliant futureViolets are blue has a brilliant futureViolets are blue has a brilliant futureViolets are blue has a brilliant future

Thats brilliant news , many congratulations, enjoy the excitement
Old Feb 15th 2013, 12:48 am
B.E.Enthusiast

vettemaster is just really nicevettemaster is just really nicevettemaster is just really nicevettemaster is just really nicevettemaster is just really nicevettemaster is just really nicevettemaster is just really nicevettemaster is just really nicevettemaster is just really nice

Originally Posted by Violets are blue
Thats brilliant news , many congratulations, enjoy the excitement
Leslie, Any news on where you are relocating to? Is it still Winnipeg or are you looking at Brandon or even rural?

Here is a good site for Brandon and the surrounding areas for housing and other interests and it does not just cover Brandon,MB etc.
eBrandon

Last edited by vettemaster; Feb 15th 2013 at 12:53 am.
Old Feb 15th 2013, 7:24 am
BE Enthusiast

Violets are blue has a brilliant futureViolets are blue has a brilliant futureViolets are blue has a brilliant futureViolets are blue has a brilliant futureViolets are blue has a brilliant futureViolets are blue has a brilliant futureViolets are blue has a brilliant future

Hi Vettemaster, thats a good link thanks. We are heading for Winnipeg or just outside it. Have to consider my daughter, would not be great to take her to the middle of nowhere with limited transport into the city, will be difficult enough without isolating ourselves. I don't mean Brandon or any place like that, I mean a few miles outside the city suburbs/perimeter highway (my thinking was that I would get somewhere with land). Have to make it as easy a transition as possible initially though for all concerned. Might look to doing that in a year or so when I have a better idea of what life is 'actually' like .

Are you heading to Brandon? It looks a really nice place.
Old Feb 15th 2013, 7:47 am
B.E.Enthusiast

Hi Vettemaster, thats a good link thanks. We are heading for Winnipeg or just outside it. Have to consider my daughter, would not be great to take her to the middle of nowhere with limited transport into the city, will be difficult enough without isolating ourselves. I don't mean Brandon or any place like that, I mean a few miles outside the city suburbs/perimeter highway (my thinking was that I would get somewhere with land). Have to make it as easy a transition as possible initially though for all concerned. Might look to doing that in a year or so when I have a better idea of what life is 'actually' like .

Are you heading to Brandon? It looks a really nice place.
Hi Violets, We are looking for the same as you. Some where with acreage and not to far (1 hour) from a large town/ small city

We are moving or hoping to move within 50km of Brandon (Population of 50,000) although we did look at moving to Portage la Prairie to start with.

We have been in touch with a few realtors including Certury21. We are getting properties sent to us via email subscription highlighting exactly what we are looking for. If you contact some of the Realtors, they can set up auto emailing for you.

We have had some very nice properties sent to us with anywhere between 2 acres and 90 acres 4+ bedrooms 2 baths and prices from $120,000 to $300,000

Last edited by vettemaster; Feb 15th 2013 at 7:59 am.
Old Feb 15th 2013, 9:11 am
BE Enthusiast

Hi Violets, We are looking for the same as you. Some where with acreage and not to far (1 hour) from a large town/ small city

We are moving or hoping to move within 50km of Brandon (Population of 50,000) although we did look at moving to Portage la Prairie to start with.

We have been in touch with a few realtors including Certury21. We are getting properties sent to us via email subscription highlighting exactly what we are looking for. If you contact some of the Realtors, they can set up auto emailing for you.

We have had some very nice properties sent to us with anywhere between 2 acres and 90 acres 4+ bedrooms 2 baths and prices from $120,000 to $300,000
I have some email subscription since we were there and some houses have looked really nice, some a little too small...then theres the mansions . I have had details of some with land as well. Im hoping the prices don't rise for a bit though because its still not too bad there.

50k from Brandon would cover a large area I would imagine? I think Portage is a little further than that from Brandon but is about an hour from Winnipeg. Of course an hour in good weather might be a lifetime in bad weather (I have no idea in reality though )
Old Feb 16th 2013, 3:08 am
finally together...

__TJ__ has a reputation beyond repute__TJ__ has a reputation beyond repute__TJ__ has a reputation beyond repute__TJ__ has a reputation beyond repute__TJ__ has a reputation beyond repute__TJ__ has a reputation beyond repute__TJ__ has a reputation beyond repute__TJ__ has a reputation beyond repute__TJ__ has a reputation beyond repute__TJ__ has a reputation beyond repute__TJ__ has a reputation beyond repute

anyone know how long the wait is on medicals? we are anticipating an issue with our son (aspergers, form of autism) and want to get the request for further study underway so we can get it over with.

(meds submitted 6 feb 13) our TWPs run out on 3rd may, we are gonna need new ones arent we...
Old Feb 16th 2013, 3:23 am
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by __TJ__
anyone know how long the wait is on medicals? we are anticipating an issue with our son (aspergers, form of autism) and want to get the request for further study underway so we can get it over with.

(meds submitted 6 feb 13) our TWPs run out on 3rd may, we are gonna need new ones arent we...
Sorry TJ, I'm not sure really is the only answer I can give you, which of course is not much help. Our medical was completed end of May and they asked for further meds 23rd July which was about 6 weeks later. Only just got COPR a few weeks ago. However, on the positive side, some people had not further requests and seemed to have everything through about 5-4 weeks after initial meds. Seems pretty quick if they want nothing and fairly lengthy if they are requesting more information, for example Vettemaster has been waiting since about July from his initial meds. It just depends on what the further information is about and I have no idea how long this would take with regard to your sons aspergers syndrome. Im sure someone will have some experience of this hopefully. Good luck, I hope you don't have any issues.
Old Feb 17th 2013, 10:23 pm
B.E.Enthusiast

I have some email subscription since we were there and some houses have looked really nice, some a little too small...then theres the mansions . I have had details of some with land as well. Im hoping the prices don't rise for a bit though because its still not too bad there.

50k from Brandon would cover a large area I would imagine? I think Portage is a little further than that from Brandon but is about an hour from Winnipeg. Of course an hour in good weather might be a lifetime in bad weather (I have no idea in reality though )
Hi Violets, We are back up and running on E-cas now, although it still shows us as in process just like we have been for 10 months
It would be nice if at least it would say "Medicals Received"

See below
Attached Thumbnails timescales for PNP/ Pr applications from outside Canada-capture-2013-02-18-11.16.57.png  
Old Feb 17th 2013, 10:38 pm
BE Forum Addict

Location: Hubley, Nova Scotia (from Scotland via Yorkshire and London)
Kaye5 is a glorious beacon of lightKaye5 is a glorious beacon of lightKaye5 is a glorious beacon of lightKaye5 is a glorious beacon of lightKaye5 is a glorious beacon of lightKaye5 is a glorious beacon of lightKaye5 is a glorious beacon of lightKaye5 is a glorious beacon of lightKaye5 is a glorious beacon of lightKaye5 is a glorious beacon of lightKaye5 is a glorious beacon of light

Hi Violets, We are back up and running on E-cas now, although it still shows us as in process just like we have been for 10 months
It would be nice if at least it would say "Medicals Received"

See below
I was just thinking about you! No news then.

We're still awaiting COPR (though it has only been a week, so not due yet) and failing to sell our house.

Did you have any luck with your viewer?

I just contacted another agent who can - and will - let and market for sale at the same time. Current agent not willing to do it. 2 more months, then we'll have to put it up for let.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.