Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > Immigration & Citizenship (Canada)
Reload this Page >

timescales for PNP/ Pr applications from outside Canada

timescales for PNP/ Pr applications from outside Canada

Old Feb 5th 2013, 1:17 am
BE Forum Addict

Location: Hubley, Nova Scotia (from Scotland via Yorkshire and London)
Kaye5 is a glorious beacon of lightKaye5 is a glorious beacon of lightKaye5 is a glorious beacon of lightKaye5 is a glorious beacon of lightKaye5 is a glorious beacon of lightKaye5 is a glorious beacon of lightKaye5 is a glorious beacon of lightKaye5 is a glorious beacon of lightKaye5 is a glorious beacon of lightKaye5 is a glorious beacon of lightKaye5 is a glorious beacon of light
Default Re: timescales for PNP/ Pr applications from outside Canada

This is the bit I don't understand:

"This procedure is limited to situations where the final decision of an officer is pending due only to the expiration of a medical certificate. If anything else is pending, the officer should not use this procedure."

That to me reads that it is only if the IO is still reviewing the meds. We are presuming our meds are now ok and it is the background checks that are pending.

Though this seems to contradict the way I read it...

"The process applies to cases where a final decision of an officer is pending only due to the expiration of a medical certificate OR when the validity of the medical certificate is about to expire and the applicant is unable to land before it expires."
Old Feb 5th 2013, 1:28 am
Andrew

chiefmissile is a name known to allchiefmissile is a name known to allchiefmissile is a name known to allchiefmissile is a name known to allchiefmissile is a name known to allchiefmissile is a name known to allchiefmissile is a name known to allchiefmissile is a name known to allchiefmissile is a name known to allchiefmissile is a name known to allchiefmissile is a name known to all

Originally Posted by Kaye5

"This procedure is limited to situations where the final decision of an officer is pending due only to the expiration of a medical certificate. If anything else is pending, the officer should not use this procedure."

That to me reads that it is only if the IO is still reviewing the meds. We are presuming our meds are now ok and it is the background checks that are pending.

"The process applies to cases where a final decision of an officer is pending only due to the expiration of a medical certificate OR when the validity of the medical certificate is about to expire and the applicant is unable to land before it expires."
Sorry Kaye can't help, it makes no sense to me. Lots of Canadian bureaucracy is not in laymen's terms and is open to interpretation, quite possibly intentionally, meaning decisions could be based on the IO own opinion and experience, not sure if this is a good thing or bad?

Regards

Andrew
Old Feb 5th 2013, 1:36 am
BE Forum Addict

Kaye5 is a glorious beacon of lightKaye5 is a glorious beacon of lightKaye5 is a glorious beacon of lightKaye5 is a glorious beacon of lightKaye5 is a glorious beacon of lightKaye5 is a glorious beacon of lightKaye5 is a glorious beacon of lightKaye5 is a glorious beacon of lightKaye5 is a glorious beacon of lightKaye5 is a glorious beacon of lightKaye5 is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by chiefmissile
Sorry Kaye can't help, it makes no sense to me. Lots of Canadian bureaucracy is not in laymen's terms and is open to interpretation, quite possibly intentionally, meaning decisions could be based on the IO own opinion and experience, not sure if this is a good thing or bad?

Regards

Andrew

Oh, I shouldn't laugh really, but this does seem to be often the way it is. One sentence seems to contradict another. Oh well....

I've PM'd you.
Old Feb 5th 2013, 4:00 am
PMM
Lost in BE Cyberspace

PMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond repute

Hi

What it means is that everything on the application is complete and CIC/CHC could send out the COPR that day, except that the medical is due to expire in the meantime or has expired. So rather than send out new medical requests, the VO can request that the medical be extended. Now remember, not every VO has read the OB or can be bothered to request an extension, they would just send out a re-medical.
Old Feb 5th 2013, 4:31 am
B.E.Enthusiast

vettemaster is just really nicevettemaster is just really nicevettemaster is just really nicevettemaster is just really nicevettemaster is just really nicevettemaster is just really nicevettemaster is just really nicevettemaster is just really nicevettemaster is just really nice

Originally Posted by PMM
Hi

What it means is that everything on the application is complete and CIC/CHC could send out the COPR that day, except that the medical is due to expire in the meantime or has expired. So rather than send out new medical requests, the VO can request that the medical be extended. Now remember, not every VO has read the OB or can be bothered to request an extension, they would just send out a re-medical.
Hi PMM, Do you have any idea's as to why our application has suddenly disappeared off E-cas. Its has been online for over 9 months and then yesterday it just disappeared We are applying under PNP so we don't know what has happened.
Old Feb 5th 2013, 8:10 am
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by PMM
Hi

Thanks for the Plain English translation, PMM!

Sounds like the British Civil Service. Not everyone has read the latest circular.
Old Feb 6th 2013, 12:14 am
BE Forum Addict

PPR - I think I'm going to throw up with the excitement!

(Was actually sent 31 December, but hey, what's 5 weeks when you're stressed to the hilt! - so happy, I can't even bring myself to whinge about lost emails. Everything in the garden is just rosy!)
Old Feb 6th 2013, 12:20 am
B.E.Enthusiast

vettemaster is just really nicevettemaster is just really nicevettemaster is just really nicevettemaster is just really nicevettemaster is just really nicevettemaster is just really nicevettemaster is just really nicevettemaster is just really nicevettemaster is just really nice

(Was actually sent 31 December, but hey, what's 5 weeks when you're stressed to the hilt! - so happy, I can't even bring myself to whinge about lost emails. Everything in the garden is just rosy!)
Kaye, I am very excited for you. This is very good news. I think you needed this badly What is the plan of action now?

I wonder what caused the delay of receiving the PPR? was it normal post?

Last edited by vettemaster; Feb 6th 2013 at 12:23 am.
Old Feb 6th 2013, 12:23 am
Andrew

chiefmissile is a name known to allchiefmissile is a name known to allchiefmissile is a name known to allchiefmissile is a name known to allchiefmissile is a name known to allchiefmissile is a name known to allchiefmissile is a name known to allchiefmissile is a name known to allchiefmissile is a name known to allchiefmissile is a name known to allchiefmissile is a name known to all

Big congrats, told you so? Now "calm down dear" get you flights booked without any further a doo

Regards

Andrew
Old Feb 6th 2013, 12:31 am
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by vettemaster
Kaye, I am very excited for you. This is very good news. I think you needed this badly What is the plan of action now?

I wonder what caused the delay of receiving the PPR? was it normal post?
Thank you Vettemaster! I'll PM you.

Originally Posted by chiefmissile
Big congrats, told you so? Now "calm down dear" get you flights booked without any further a doo

Regards

Andrew
Ha ha, no calming down in my household. Though stuck at work right now!! Flights will be booked tonight, as we know when we're going.

Very very happy!
Old Feb 6th 2013, 2:35 am
Forum Regular

Jaysuper is an unknown quantity at this point

Congratulations Kate5, well deserved PPR. Really glad for you. I'm sure you'll be on your way in few weeks. Regards.
Old Feb 6th 2013, 3:20 am
Just Joined

Mamawona is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi there, still trying to make sense of all of this. But can someone tell me if you want to apply for PNP can you apply through the Sydney office to move things along faster as I have noticed on some of the timelines that applications have been sent to Sydney. Help!!!!!!!!!
Old Feb 6th 2013, 3:36 am
Just Joined

Hi again guys,
can somebody please tell me, if I can manage to get a job offer, an LMO and enter Canada on a TWP would I still have to apply for permanent residency of some sort. And do you think PNP would be the most effective way to do this or not? Really becoming more confused by the minute. I want to apply for the most suitable and quickest way to become a permanent resident.
Old Feb 6th 2013, 3:51 am
Just Joined

Hi me again,

I have just figured out Sydney is in Novia Scotia (lol). Thought I was on to something there!!!! Application in Sydney, Australia for PNP processing time only 9 months (lol)
Old Feb 6th 2013, 6:21 am
BE Enthusiast

Violets are blue has a brilliant futureViolets are blue has a brilliant futureViolets are blue has a brilliant futureViolets are blue has a brilliant futureViolets are blue has a brilliant futureViolets are blue has a brilliant futureViolets are blue has a brilliant future

Wow!!!! Thats amazing news!!! Am very happy for you . You can finally make some solid plans and get moving. Are you going to drop off and pick up in London or post it? If you drop it off you could go tomorrow as its a Thursday afternoon time and then pick up in two weeks - that is assuming you have been given that option????

I bet there will be lost of celebrations in your house tonight

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.