Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > Immigration & Citizenship (Canada)
Reload this Page >

timescales for PNP/ Pr applications from outside Canada

timescales for PNP/ Pr applications from outside Canada

Old Jan 31st 2013, 11:06 am
B.E.Enthusiast

vettemaster is just really nicevettemaster is just really nicevettemaster is just really nicevettemaster is just really nicevettemaster is just really nicevettemaster is just really nicevettemaster is just really nicevettemaster is just really nicevettemaster is just really nice
Wink Re: timescales for PNP/ Pr applications from outside Canada

Originally Posted by Kaye5
Thanks guys.

I guess I am at a really low ebb at the moment anyway, and it was just one more thing. We had a death in the family just yesterday morning, I got moved out of a job I loved at work into a job I hate, the car broke down again, the computer blew up, the savings are dripping away day by day, flight prices rising.... and more.

Each day I wake up and "today must be the day" and it isn't. And then to hear someone so far "behind us" reaching the end make me realise just how bad I'm feeling right now, when I can't even be happy for people any more (other than those who have waited as long as we have of course).

Andrew, there doesn't seem to be any reason that I know of for such speedy processing (which is positive news for the recent applicants, I think).

Vettemaster - no-one has contacted us about CIIP, and we didn't sign up for it (we did something similar with Nova Scotia) Makes me wonder if we are about to be rejected (now I really am getting paranoid).
Kaye sorry to hear of your loss in your family. It must be hard for you right now, but try and stay positive. I am sure you should hear something soon from London. Just think, this time next year we will all be in Canada getting on with our new lives. : )
Old Feb 1st 2013, 12:06 am
BE Enthusiast

Tony_Tiger is a splendid one to beholdTony_Tiger is a splendid one to beholdTony_Tiger is a splendid one to beholdTony_Tiger is a splendid one to beholdTony_Tiger is a splendid one to beholdTony_Tiger is a splendid one to beholdTony_Tiger is a splendid one to beholdTony_Tiger is a splendid one to beholdTony_Tiger is a splendid one to beholdTony_Tiger is a splendid one to beholdTony_Tiger is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: timescales for PNP/ Pr applications from outside Canada

Thanks guys.

I guess I am at a really low ebb at the moment anyway, and it was just one more thing. We had a death in the family just yesterday morning, I got moved out of a job I loved at work into a job I hate, the car broke down again, the computer blew up, the savings are dripping away day by day, flight prices rising.... and more.

Each day I wake up and "today must be the day" and it isn't. And then to hear someone so far "behind us" reaching the end make me realise just how bad I'm feeling right now, when I can't even be happy for people any more (other than those who have waited as long as we have of course).

Andrew, there doesn't seem to be any reason that I know of for such speedy processing (which is positive news for the recent applicants, I think).

Vettemaster - no-one has contacted us about CIIP, and we didn't sign up for it (we did something similar with Nova Scotia) Makes me wonder if we are about to be rejected (now I really am getting paranoid).
Hey Kaye,

Hang in there. I know its tough.. been there done it. No each applicant has the same story hence I guess why different peoples processing is at different times.
I applied on the family stream a long time ago and that took forever. My PNP took such a long time, but when it came to the final part via London, it went really quick.

As for the CIIP program, its is just about teaching you about the Canadian labour market, adapting your 'CV' to a 'Resume', maybe going back to college to do bridging programs and utilising the different resources available to adapting your skills to the labour market.

Stay positive..
Old Feb 1st 2013, 12:14 am
B.E.Enthusiast

vettemaster is just really nicevettemaster is just really nicevettemaster is just really nicevettemaster is just really nicevettemaster is just really nicevettemaster is just really nicevettemaster is just really nicevettemaster is just really nicevettemaster is just really nice

Originally Posted by Tony_Tiger
Hey Kaye,

Hang in there. I know its tough.. been there done it. No each applicant has the same story hence I guess why different peoples processing is at different times.
I applied on the family stream a long time ago and that took forever. My PNP took such a long time, but when it came to the final part via London, it went really quick.

As for the CIIP program, its is just about teaching you about the Canadian labour market, adapting your 'CV' to a 'Resume', maybe going back to college to do bridging programs and utilising the different resources available to adapting your skills to the labour market.

Stay positive..
Hi Tony, Kaye5, I came across this thread earlier At least we have had correspondence from London.

http://britishexpats.com/forum/showthread.php?t=785778

Last edited by vettemaster; Feb 1st 2013 at 12:22 am.
Old Feb 1st 2013, 12:42 am
BE Forum Addict

Location: Hubley, Nova Scotia (from Scotland via Yorkshire and London)
Kaye5 is a glorious beacon of lightKaye5 is a glorious beacon of lightKaye5 is a glorious beacon of lightKaye5 is a glorious beacon of lightKaye5 is a glorious beacon of lightKaye5 is a glorious beacon of lightKaye5 is a glorious beacon of lightKaye5 is a glorious beacon of lightKaye5 is a glorious beacon of lightKaye5 is a glorious beacon of lightKaye5 is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by vettemaster
Hi Tony, Kaye5, I came across this thread earlier At least we have had correspondence from London.

http://britishexpats.com/forum/showthread.php?t=785778
Thanks guys for your support.

Trouble is for us, we are really up against the clock now. Our original application April 2010 was supposed to get us there summer 2011. We are now thinking we won't make summer 2013. The plan was that our boys would have long enough in Canada to have citizenship by the time they were 18, as they are looking at jobs which need that (like the military). Our eldest will be 16 in 5 months, so will already have to wait several more years (or return to the UK). In a year's time, our second son will be affected in the same way.

If we get COPR at the last minute, I doubt we will have time to sort everything out here and it could add another year to our move, trying to cause the minimum disruption to the kids' education (and cost us another trip for landing and returning to the UK) - plus cause more difficulties for our eldest son's education.

It is in danger of affecting our kids too much if we cannot move this summer.

Perhaps if we had a response to one of our enquiries, might feel a little better!

Vettemaster - that thread is frightening.
Old Feb 1st 2013, 12:56 am
Forum Regular

beckybev is a jewel in the roughbeckybev is a jewel in the roughbeckybev is a jewel in the roughbeckybev is a jewel in the roughbeckybev is a jewel in the rough

Hi Kaye,

I really feel for you and I am experiencing many of your frustrations.

We applied December 2009 and were quoted 6-12 months, which gave us lots of time to get the kids into school before having to worry about exams. Fast forward 3 years and DD is in year 12 doing AS levels and DS is in year 10. We have now decided to leave it until summer 2014 so that they have A levels and GCSEs and will hopefully both be able to do at least one year in school and get some Canadian qualifications.

This means that we will have to spend precious savings landing in Canada this summer and coming back. This sure has been one frustrating process but I still really want to go.

they put us out of our misery soon.
Old Feb 1st 2013, 2:28 am
BE Enthusiast

Violets are blue has a brilliant futureViolets are blue has a brilliant futureViolets are blue has a brilliant futureViolets are blue has a brilliant futureViolets are blue has a brilliant futureViolets are blue has a brilliant futureViolets are blue has a brilliant future

Thanks guys.

Hi Kaye, Im really sorry for your family loss. It sounds like quite a lot of things have gone wrong at the same time also. I really hope things get sorted for you and that you and your family can make the move and that things change for the better soon .
Old Feb 1st 2013, 4:58 am
B.E.Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Violets are blue
Hi Kaye, Im really sorry for your family loss. It sounds like quite a lot of things have gone wrong at the same time also. I really hope things get sorted for you and that you and your family can make the move and that things change for the better soon .
Violets, We are waiting for CHC London to confirm they have received the information they requested form us by mail.
We hope they have everything they want, but who know's We just have to sit tight and ride this rollercoaster.
Old Feb 1st 2013, 7:53 am
BE Forum Addict

Kaye5 is a glorious beacon of lightKaye5 is a glorious beacon of lightKaye5 is a glorious beacon of lightKaye5 is a glorious beacon of lightKaye5 is a glorious beacon of lightKaye5 is a glorious beacon of lightKaye5 is a glorious beacon of lightKaye5 is a glorious beacon of lightKaye5 is a glorious beacon of lightKaye5 is a glorious beacon of lightKaye5 is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by beckybev
Hi Kaye,

I really feel for you and I am experiencing many of your frustrations.

We applied December 2009 and were quoted 6-12 months, which gave us lots of time to get the kids into school before having to worry about exams. Fast forward 3 years and DD is in year 12 doing AS levels and DS is in year 10. We have now decided to leave it until summer 2014 so that they have A levels and GCSEs and will hopefully both be able to do at least one year in school and get some Canadian qualifications.

This means that we will have to spend precious savings landing in Canada this summer and coming back. This sure has been one frustrating process but I still really want to go.

they put us out of our misery soon.
Sounds very much like our situation, although you sound braver than we are, to be prepared to wait yet another year. If we weren't so bothered about citizenship for the boys, then I would probably do the same. I hope you hear something soon, after all this time.

Originally Posted by Violets are blue
Thanks Violets. Yes, it's not been a good few weeks, then hearing about the recent applicant getting through in unbelievable speed when there are so many of us who have been waiting years and years just knocked me for six.

Have you booked your flights yet?
Old Feb 1st 2013, 11:25 am
An2
Just Joined

An2 is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi Kaey5, have you ever tried CAIPS (Computer Assisted Immigration Processing System)? Is there anyone in this forum has experience with CAIPS?
I've heard that CIC charge $5 and it takes long time 4-6wks.
Followings are more expensive ($40 - $160)
http://www.caips.ca/
http://www.caipshelp.com/
http://www.caipsnotes.com/

Old Feb 1st 2013, 8:44 pm
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by An2
Hi Kaey5, have you ever tried CAIPS (Computer Assisted Immigration Processing System)? Is there anyone in this forum has experience with CAIPS?
I've heard that CIC charge $5 and it takes long time 4-6wks.
Followings are more expensive ($40 - $160)
http://www.caips.ca/
http://www.caipshelp.com/
http://www.caipsnotes.com/

Thanks Ann - it is something we considered but we think there might be a problem with our file number which might mean the same problem getting CAIPS notes. ??

We have three file numbers! The only reply we have had from the CHC is for a different enquiry about a year ago, when we quoted the first file number, which is actually three years out of date. The second file number is the correct Skilled Worker file number and we have a third for PNP.

No surprise that we have different file numbers, but ECAS does not trace our FSW file or our PNP file under the correct numbers - both are registered under the old number.

Our next step is to probably send yet another enquiry, but quote the old file number as well as the correct one, in case that is how it is registered on the computer.
Old Feb 4th 2013, 11:16 pm
B.E.Enthusiast

Thanks Ann - it is something we considered but we think there might be a problem with our file number which might mean the same problem getting CAIPS notes. ??

We have three file numbers! The only reply we have had from the CHC is for a different enquiry about a year ago, when we quoted the first file number, which is actually three years out of date. The second file number is the correct Skilled Worker file number and we have a third for PNP.

No surprise that we have different file numbers, but ECAS does not trace our FSW file or our PNP file under the correct numbers - both are registered under the old number.

Our next step is to probably send yet another enquiry, but quote the old file number as well as the correct one, in case that is how it is registered on the computer.
Kaye, For the first time ever, E-Cas is not recognising our usual details We have been watching for an update to our file , but instead it disappeared as from Monday 4th Feb

I think we will leave it a week and then contact London if it does not reappear

I hope you hear some news soon
Old Feb 4th 2013, 11:58 pm
BE Forum Addict

Kaye, For the first time ever, E-Cas is not recognising our usual details We have been watching for an update to our file , but instead it disappeared as from Monday 4th Feb

I think we will leave it a week and then contact London if it does not reappear

I hope you hear some news soon
Significant, maybe?!!

Just checked ours - exactly the same as always.

And no news (of course).

So.... dare we book flights, Vettemaster?! Are you going to wait until COPR is in your hand or book for a late date (like early July or late June)?
Old Feb 5th 2013, 12:08 am
B.E.Enthusiast

Significant, maybe?!!

Just checked ours - exactly the same as always.

And no news (of course).

So.... dare we book flights, Vettemaster?! Are you going to wait until COPR is in your hand or book for a late date (like early July or late June)?
Hi Kaye, I hope you are feeling well. We really want to wait until we have COPR before we book flights etc. I would like to be there asap, but I need to be patient and remember that waiting a long time is better than knowing we could be stuck in the UK indefinitely. I think we get impatient as we know we are near the end and just want that definite yes or no answer.
The hardest part is not being able to plan anything. Sometimes I think waiting for this result on our PR application has put us in limbo. At least on the plus side, we know the medicals can now be extended
Old Feb 5th 2013, 12:40 am
BE Forum Addict

Hi Kaye, I hope you are feeling well. We really want to wait until we have COPR before we book flights etc. I would like to be there asap, but I need to be patient and remember that waiting a long time is better than knowing we could be stuck in the UK indefinitely. I think we get impatient as we know we are near the end and just want that definite yes or no answer.
The hardest part is not being able to plan anything. Sometimes I think waiting for this result on our PR application has put us in limbo. At least on the plus side, we know the medicals can now be extended
I think I'd feel better if the "clock wasn't ticking" towards medical expiry! I managed fine for over 2 years while we struggled to medical stage.

I think med extension might apply to you - not so sure it would apply to us as our meds should now be clear. I think ours must be background checks holding it up (what on earth do they check)?

And we'll run into great difficulties if we have to book flights at extortionate prices close to departure - so much so that it might mean (after all this) we cannot go.
Old Feb 5th 2013, 12:43 am
Andrew

chiefmissile is a name known to allchiefmissile is a name known to allchiefmissile is a name known to allchiefmissile is a name known to allchiefmissile is a name known to allchiefmissile is a name known to allchiefmissile is a name known to allchiefmissile is a name known to allchiefmissile is a name known to allchiefmissile is a name known to allchiefmissile is a name known to all

I think I'd feel better if the "clock wasn't ticking" towards medical expiry! I managed fine for over 2 years while we struggled to medical stage.

I think med extension might apply to you - not so sure it would apply to us as our meds should now be clear. I think ours must be background checks holding it up (what on earth do they check)?

And we'll run into great difficulties if we have to book flights at extortionate prices close to departure - so much so that it might mean (after all this) we cannot go.
Have a look at this ref medicals etc: http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/resourc...2012/ob423.asp

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.