Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > Immigration & Citizenship (Canada)
Reload this Page >

timescales for PNP/ Pr applications from outside Canada

timescales for PNP/ Pr applications from outside Canada

Old Jan 16th 2013, 5:44 am
B.E.Enthusiast

vettemaster is just really nicevettemaster is just really nicevettemaster is just really nicevettemaster is just really nicevettemaster is just really nicevettemaster is just really nicevettemaster is just really nicevettemaster is just really nicevettemaster is just really nice
Default Re: timescales for PNP/ Pr applications from outside Canada

Originally Posted by PortchesterRoyal
Hi, we have also received our medical requests today as well! As you said another step closer
Congratulations, Hope they go well for you.
Old Jan 16th 2013, 5:50 am
B.E.Enthusiast

vettemaster is just really nicevettemaster is just really nicevettemaster is just really nicevettemaster is just really nicevettemaster is just really nicevettemaster is just really nicevettemaster is just really nicevettemaster is just really nicevettemaster is just really nice

Originally Posted by Kaye5
+1

Congrats to all those receiving med requests!

Sadly, we are over 6 months after doing ours and still no PPR....
+1
Old Jan 17th 2013, 12:49 am
BE Forum Addict

Location: Hubley, Nova Scotia (from Scotland via Yorkshire and London)
Kaye5 is a glorious beacon of lightKaye5 is a glorious beacon of lightKaye5 is a glorious beacon of lightKaye5 is a glorious beacon of lightKaye5 is a glorious beacon of lightKaye5 is a glorious beacon of lightKaye5 is a glorious beacon of lightKaye5 is a glorious beacon of lightKaye5 is a glorious beacon of lightKaye5 is a glorious beacon of lightKaye5 is a glorious beacon of light

Do you think it is acceptable for us to send another case specific enquiry, considering CIC have yet to respond to our very polite enquiry sent 14 December?
Old Jan 17th 2013, 3:03 am
B.E.Enthusiast

Do you think it is acceptable for us to send another case specific enquiry, considering CIC have yet to respond to our very polite enquiry sent 14 December?
Hi Kaye5, Its is really up to you. Others may advise against sending another email. I would say that in my opinion if you are very worried as to why they have not contacted you regarding the next step of your PR application, that you are quite within your rights to ask or enquire for more information,if you are outside the specified timeline..
Old Jan 17th 2013, 3:35 am

Jim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond repute

If the delay in your application was solely the sputum tests then I would just advice the visa office that negative test results and clear chest x-rays were sent off 3 months ago and you wonder whether there has been some unexpected hold up at the medical assessment section.
Old Jan 17th 2013, 7:05 am
BE Forum Addict

Kaye5 is a glorious beacon of lightKaye5 is a glorious beacon of lightKaye5 is a glorious beacon of lightKaye5 is a glorious beacon of lightKaye5 is a glorious beacon of lightKaye5 is a glorious beacon of lightKaye5 is a glorious beacon of lightKaye5 is a glorious beacon of lightKaye5 is a glorious beacon of lightKaye5 is a glorious beacon of lightKaye5 is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by Jim Humphries
If the delay in your application was solely the sputum tests then I would just advice the visa office that negative test results and clear chest x-rays were sent off 3 months ago and you wonder whether there has been some unexpected hold up at the medical assessment section.
Hi Jim

Thanks for your reply. More or less what we put in our enquiry (though we didn't mention they were clear). We received no reply at all!

No news today either. While I hate potentially clogging up the system, we need to know what the hold up is - or more worryingly, if an email has been sent that hasn't got through.

"Dear Sirs

My family and I undertook medical examinations on 10 July 2012, and subsequently received a request for further medical tests for myself. These were concluded and sent to CIC London Visa Office by courier on 17 October 2012. ECAS shows medical results have been received.

I have heard nothing further since these were received by CIC in October. Could you please advise the current status of my application and let me know if you need anything else from me.

Many thanks for your help.

Kind regards
"
Old Jan 17th 2013, 7:07 am
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by vettemaster
Hi Kaye5, Its is really up to you. Others may advise against sending another email. I would say that in my opinion if you are very worried as to why they have not contacted you regarding the next step of your PR application, that you are quite within your rights to ask or enquire for more information,if you are outside the specified timeline..
I understand concerns about adding to workloads with enquiries, but at this stage, we are up against the clock and need to know.

I think the stress of doing nothing will beat me in the end, and we will send another polite enquiry.

Old Jan 17th 2013, 7:15 am
B.E.Enthusiast

I understand concerns about adding to workloads with enquiries, but at this stage, we are up against the clock and need to know.

I think the stress of doing nothing will beat me in the end, and we will send another polite enquiry.

Dear Sirs? I thought there were madams there too?

Good luck and I hope you receive a reply soon.
Old Jan 17th 2013, 9:18 am
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by vettemaster
Dear Sirs? I thought there were madams there too?

Good luck and I hope you receive a reply soon.
Yes, very sexist! I believe "Sirs" encompasses "Madams".

Or maybe not these days - hence perhaps why no reply if we inadvertently offended a Madam.

Caved in. We sent another CSE.
Old Jan 19th 2013, 11:12 pm
BE Enthusiast

Violets are blue has a brilliant futureViolets are blue has a brilliant futureViolets are blue has a brilliant futureViolets are blue has a brilliant futureViolets are blue has a brilliant futureViolets are blue has a brilliant futureViolets are blue has a brilliant future

Its all a bit quiet so I thought I would let you know that I now have 'Decision made' status . Yeah!!!!! Have no idea when it went on there as only checked it last night which was first time in a little while. We are also picking up our COPR this week assuming the weather allows the train journey. Hoping nothing added to it like further TB tests in Canada . Will find out soon enough .

Hope there is some more movement/news for everyone this week
Old Jan 19th 2013, 11:20 pm
BE Enthusiast

Conmar has a reputation beyond reputeConmar has a reputation beyond reputeConmar has a reputation beyond reputeConmar has a reputation beyond reputeConmar has a reputation beyond reputeConmar has a reputation beyond reputeConmar has a reputation beyond reputeConmar has a reputation beyond reputeConmar has a reputation beyond reputeConmar has a reputation beyond reputeConmar has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Violets are blue
Its all a bit quiet so I thought I would let you know that I now have 'Decision made' status . Yeah!!!!! Have no idea when it went on there as only checked it last night which was first time in a little while. We are also picking up our COPR this week assuming the weather allows the train journey. Hoping nothing added to it like further TB tests in Canada . Will find out soon enough .

Fantastic news, Violets, that's the way a sunday should be, isn't it?
Old Jan 19th 2013, 11:30 pm
BE Enthusiast

Violets are blue has a brilliant futureViolets are blue has a brilliant futureViolets are blue has a brilliant futureViolets are blue has a brilliant futureViolets are blue has a brilliant futureViolets are blue has a brilliant futureViolets are blue has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by Conmar
Fantastic news, Violets, that's the way a sunday should be, isn't it?
For sure , but to be honest I knew a decision was made last week because they sent the e mail for my passport copies and we delivered them . Its still great to finally see the status change though . Sundays should always be lazy, relaxed and filled with good news . thanks again Conmar.
Old Jan 19th 2013, 11:38 pm
BE Forum Addict

Wouldn't worry too much if they do send you for TB monitoring in Canada - some others on the forum have had to do this and have said it is relatively straightforward and you should be quickly released!

Hopefully the weather won't stop you getting to London.

For sure, we will post if we hear anything. Sent a 2nd CSE on Thursday - nothing yet in response to that, the earlier CSE, nor anything at all.....
Old Jan 19th 2013, 11:59 pm
BE Enthusiast

Wouldn't worry too much if they do send you for TB monitoring in Canada - some others on the forum have had to do this and have said it is relatively straightforward and you should be quickly released!

Hopefully the weather won't stop you getting to London.

For sure, we will post if we hear anything. Sent a 2nd CSE on Thursday - nothing yet in response to that, the earlier CSE, nor anything at all.....
Dont worry Kaye, I hope that you hear something soon, they usually reply after about a week or so and strange there was no response with the previous one. I think from reading others that the decision made came about an average of 4 weeks after meds received (most of the time) .

I figure the same about the TB thing, would just prefer the straightforward route . Hope you hear something this week, cant be far off now surely
Old Jan 20th 2013, 1:01 am
B.E.Enthusiast

Dont worry Kaye, I hope that you hear something soon, they usually reply after about a week or so and strange there was no response with the previous one. I think from reading others that the decision made came about an average of 4 weeks after meds received (most of the time) .

I figure the same about the TB thing, would just prefer the straightforward route . Hope you hear something this week, cant be far off now surely
Hi Violets and everyone else on here

We have chased up this letter that London require from Frenchay hospital this Friday and it seems that they still have not done this yet? I spoke with our GP, and he is going to try to put pressure on my OH consultant to get this letter sorted.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.