Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > Immigration & Citizenship (Canada)
Reload this Page >

timescales for PNP/ Pr applications from outside Canada

timescales for PNP/ Pr applications from outside Canada

Old Jan 14th 2013, 1:28 am
Andrew

chiefmissile is a name known to allchiefmissile is a name known to allchiefmissile is a name known to allchiefmissile is a name known to allchiefmissile is a name known to allchiefmissile is a name known to allchiefmissile is a name known to allchiefmissile is a name known to allchiefmissile is a name known to allchiefmissile is a name known to allchiefmissile is a name known to all
Default Re: timescales for PNP/ Pr applications from outside Canada

Originally Posted by Kaye5
Well Icelandair flights are changeable anyway (for a fee!), so you could always move them on if it becomes a problem.

Also, I read somewhere (probably elsewhere in this forum) that to get round this, someone just booked a fully refundable return portion with whatever airline - then cancelled it after they had arrived in Canada and got a full refund.

We simply haven't the funds available to do that, but if you do, that might be a workaround if I-A say to you what they did to us.

Hopefully won't come to it and you will have your COPR by August.

Just didn't want you to rock up at the airport, kids in tow, to be refused boarding!
Dear Kaye,

Expedia offer a search facility to find refundable flights, will book one when it allows me to book for Feb 2014, no rush at the moment.

Regards

Andrew
Old Jan 14th 2013, 1:31 am
BE Forum Addict

Location: Hubley, Nova Scotia (from Scotland via Yorkshire and London)
Kaye5 is a glorious beacon of lightKaye5 is a glorious beacon of lightKaye5 is a glorious beacon of lightKaye5 is a glorious beacon of lightKaye5 is a glorious beacon of lightKaye5 is a glorious beacon of lightKaye5 is a glorious beacon of lightKaye5 is a glorious beacon of lightKaye5 is a glorious beacon of lightKaye5 is a glorious beacon of lightKaye5 is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by chiefmissile
Dear Kaye,

Expedia offer a search facility to find refundable flights, will book one when it allows me to book for Feb 2014, no rush at the moment.

Regards

Andrew
Ooh, that's worth knowing!

Cheers Andrew!
Old Jan 14th 2013, 2:20 am
B.E.Enthusiast

vettemaster is just really nicevettemaster is just really nicevettemaster is just really nicevettemaster is just really nicevettemaster is just really nicevettemaster is just really nicevettemaster is just really nicevettemaster is just really nicevettemaster is just really nice

Originally Posted by Kaye5
Oh no!!! It's taken them 6 months to send you for further meds?!

You sound very calm.

But... congratulations on hearing something further at last.
Originally Posted by Violets are blue
Wow, on one hand its brilliant that you have finally had some movement, on the other hand have you any idea what it could be for? Will you have to travel far for the appointment and are you going to get onto it straight away or will you need a couple of weeks due to work or anything?

I really hope its just something small and that it will go well and be processed through very quickly. Best of luck Vettemaster, let us know when you are going and we will all be thinking of you. Good luck
Mate I feel for you, can't imagine how you are keeping so calm I hope everything goes well and you will soon be on your way. Cathie and I are thinking of you both, keep

Best Regards

Andrew
Hi all and thanks for your concerns. My OH has spoken to the DMP (Knightsbridge) and they told her to open the envelope and read the contents to them. She does not have to travel to London yet, which is good news. What they want at London, is an Oncologists report just to say that she is presently disease free and healthy. The strange part is, is that she included her Medical report which stated that she was all clear and in good healthy condition We have 85 days left to do this

Last edited by vettemaster; Jan 14th 2013 at 3:52 am.
Old Jan 14th 2013, 5:09 am
B.E.Enthusiast

vettemaster is just really nicevettemaster is just really nicevettemaster is just really nicevettemaster is just really nicevettemaster is just really nicevettemaster is just really nicevettemaster is just really nicevettemaster is just really nicevettemaster is just really nice

At least I am ok and they did not want me to go for any extra tests like TB or blood tests etc
Old Jan 14th 2013, 5:19 am
BE Enthusiast

Violets are blue has a brilliant futureViolets are blue has a brilliant futureViolets are blue has a brilliant futureViolets are blue has a brilliant futureViolets are blue has a brilliant futureViolets are blue has a brilliant futureViolets are blue has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by vettemaster
Hi all and thanks for your concerns. My OH has spoken to the DMP (Knightsbridge) and they told her to open the envelope and read the contents to them. She does not have to travel to London yet, which is good news. What they want at London, is an Oncologists report just to say that she is presently disease free and healthy. The strange part is, is that she included her Medical report which stated that she was all clear and in good healthy condition We have 85 days left to do this

At least I am ok and they did not want me to go for any extra tests like TB or blood tests etc
Every cloud and all that !!

I really think I read about some six month reports depending on what is in your medical history, so hopefully its just a procedural thing and then - off ye go!!!!! Any idea of when the report will go in? Also, if you able to get it done without travel or very little travel/cost, its really brilliant .

Hurry up and get it done, you are wasting time .
Old Jan 14th 2013, 5:38 am
B.E.Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Violets are blue
Every cloud and all that !!

I really think I read about some six month reports depending on what is in your medical history, so hopefully its just a procedural thing and then - off ye go!!!!! Any idea of when the report will go in? Also, if you able to get it done without travel or very little travel/cost, its really brilliant .

Hurry up and get it done, you are wasting time .
As soon I got woken up for my night shift, we both got on to the DMP, the Consultant at my OH's department (Frenchay) and the consultants secretary! Letters have been scanned and emailed to

the appropriate people and replies/acknowledgements have been received. Now we just wait

We are just sat here watching one of my favorite films on Sky movies (Trains, Planes and Automobiles) Thinking this is all good news and we should be able to relax now??
Old Jan 14th 2013, 10:12 am
BE Enthusiast

Violets are blue has a brilliant futureViolets are blue has a brilliant futureViolets are blue has a brilliant futureViolets are blue has a brilliant futureViolets are blue has a brilliant futureViolets are blue has a brilliant futureViolets are blue has a brilliant future

As soon I got woken up for my night shift, we both got on to the DMP, the Consultant at my OH's department (Frenchay) and the consultants secretary! Letters have been scanned and emailed to

the appropriate people and replies/acknowledgements have been received. Now we just wait

We are just sat here watching one of my favorite films on Sky movies (Trains, Planes and Automobiles) Thinking this is all good news and we should be able to relax now??
Yippppeeee that was really fast wow , probably the fastest thing that has happened in the history of the process . Lets hope that this will be enough for them and things move quickly. Good luck
Old Jan 14th 2013, 10:09 pm
BE Enthusiast

Conmar has a reputation beyond reputeConmar has a reputation beyond reputeConmar has a reputation beyond reputeConmar has a reputation beyond reputeConmar has a reputation beyond reputeConmar has a reputation beyond reputeConmar has a reputation beyond reputeConmar has a reputation beyond reputeConmar has a reputation beyond reputeConmar has a reputation beyond reputeConmar has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks Markus, I expect your card has been charged, I checked mine out online, I have a facility to see any floating transactions that affect the available amount of credit. Not teaching you to suck eggs or anything, but you could phone your card company and check for any recent transactions.

Whisky is an option, it will take away any anxiety, but keep it up and you may have problems passing the medical!!

I am sure everything will be fine and lets hope we all get speedy processing from London.

Regards

Andrew
Thanks a lot Andrew, for a week now we have been trying to get any kind of answer from our company -without any reaction on their behalf - and finally they informed us today by snail mail, that our cc was charged on January 7th already. YIPPIEH

Originally Posted by manitobain
wine.. stick with wine
Roger that , I knew it was something with a "w".
Old Jan 14th 2013, 10:13 pm
Andrew

chiefmissile is a name known to allchiefmissile is a name known to allchiefmissile is a name known to allchiefmissile is a name known to allchiefmissile is a name known to allchiefmissile is a name known to allchiefmissile is a name known to allchiefmissile is a name known to allchiefmissile is a name known to allchiefmissile is a name known to allchiefmissile is a name known to all

Originally Posted by Conmar
Thanks a lot Andrew, for a week now we have been trying to get any kind of answer from our company -without any reaction on their behalf - and finally they informed us today by snail mail, that our cc was charged on January 7th already. YIPPIEH

Roger that , I knew it was something with a "w".
Good news mate,

Now for the next step towards PR, lets hope London are not too busy at the moment

Regards

Andrew
Old Jan 15th 2013, 8:06 am
Forum Regular

family_of_4 has a brilliant futurefamily_of_4 has a brilliant futurefamily_of_4 has a brilliant futurefamily_of_4 has a brilliant futurefamily_of_4 has a brilliant futurefamily_of_4 has a brilliant futurefamily_of_4 has a brilliant futurefamily_of_4 has a brilliant future

We have had some good news today, we have received our medical requests, one step closer
Old Jan 15th 2013, 8:54 am
Forum Regular

PortchesterRoyal is an unknown quantity at this point
Smile Re: timescales for PNP/ Pr applications from outside Canada

Originally Posted by family_of_4
We have had some good news today, we have received our medical requests, one step closer
Hi, we have also received our medical requests today as well! As you said another step closer
Old Jan 15th 2013, 9:49 am
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by PortchesterRoyal
Hi, we have also received our medical requests today as well! As you said another step closer
Congratulations guys, brilliant news . I hope everything goes well at both of your medical
Old Jan 15th 2013, 12:16 pm
finally together...

__TJ__ has a reputation beyond repute__TJ__ has a reputation beyond repute__TJ__ has a reputation beyond repute__TJ__ has a reputation beyond repute__TJ__ has a reputation beyond repute__TJ__ has a reputation beyond repute__TJ__ has a reputation beyond repute__TJ__ has a reputation beyond repute__TJ__ has a reputation beyond repute__TJ__ has a reputation beyond repute__TJ__ has a reputation beyond repute

got our medicals requests today as well. (they must have done a batch )

we applied for PR on 18th aug.
Old Jan 15th 2013, 9:01 pm
Andrew

Originally Posted by PortchesterRoyal
Originally Posted by __TJ__
got our medicals requests today as well. (they must have done a batch )

we applied for PR on 18th aug.
Congratulations to all those who received their medical requests, seems things are moving forward quite quickly, lets hope the rest of the process is as quick Another reason I am glad (Selfish one) you all got requests is that it clears the way for our application to be processed when it gets there at the end of the month or next Get those medicals booked and post your experiences.

This thread has now been resurrected.........BZ

Congrats to all

Andrew
Old Jan 16th 2013, 12:18 am
BE Forum Addict

Location: Hubley, Nova Scotia (from Scotland via Yorkshire and London)
Kaye5 is a glorious beacon of lightKaye5 is a glorious beacon of lightKaye5 is a glorious beacon of lightKaye5 is a glorious beacon of lightKaye5 is a glorious beacon of lightKaye5 is a glorious beacon of lightKaye5 is a glorious beacon of lightKaye5 is a glorious beacon of lightKaye5 is a glorious beacon of lightKaye5 is a glorious beacon of lightKaye5 is a glorious beacon of light

+1

Congrats to all those receiving med requests!

Sadly, we are over 6 months after doing ours and still no PPR....

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.