Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > Immigration & Citizenship (Canada)
Reload this Page >

timescales for PNP/ Pr applications from outside Canada

timescales for PNP/ Pr applications from outside Canada

Old Nov 27th 2012, 9:27 am
Andrew

chiefmissile is a name known to allchiefmissile is a name known to allchiefmissile is a name known to allchiefmissile is a name known to allchiefmissile is a name known to allchiefmissile is a name known to allchiefmissile is a name known to allchiefmissile is a name known to allchiefmissile is a name known to allchiefmissile is a name known to allchiefmissile is a name known to all
Default Re: timescales for PNP/ Pr applications from outside Canada

Originally Posted by PMM
Hi

1. You don't have to be in Canada to request CAIPS. You can authorize someone in Canada to request CGMS (new CAIPS) on your behalf, cost $5.00 Or you can go to one of the commercial companies who will do it for you.
2. Think in London CHC shoes. The posted processing time for 80% of PNP applications is 23 months. So you can see how annoyed they can get with monthly requests for updates when the applicant is nowhere near the processing time line.
3. You have paid for processing, thats it. Compare the $550 to what you pay for the same processing service for the UK.

I sent an email to the London VO last month ref processing times for PNP applications. I pointed out that the Canadian High Commission (London) website stated 6 months processing time but the CIC website stated 23 months, I asked which was correct. The reply from London stated that the processing time for PNP applications was 6 months?

Regards

Andrew
Old Nov 27th 2012, 1:09 pm
BE Forum Addict

Location: Hubley, Nova Scotia (from Scotland via Yorkshire and London)
Kaye5 is a glorious beacon of lightKaye5 is a glorious beacon of lightKaye5 is a glorious beacon of lightKaye5 is a glorious beacon of lightKaye5 is a glorious beacon of lightKaye5 is a glorious beacon of lightKaye5 is a glorious beacon of lightKaye5 is a glorious beacon of lightKaye5 is a glorious beacon of lightKaye5 is a glorious beacon of lightKaye5 is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by chiefmissile
The biggest gripe from embassy staff was the number of rude enquiries that they received from impatient applicants, he told me that they can intentionally delay PR for anyone who they get miffed with (I am not saying that this is the reason some of you are still waiting).
I would put being rude to the person processing your immigration application on a par with being rude to your tattooist, hairdresser or any medical professional approaching you wearing a pair of rubber gloves. Not recommended.

I sent an email to the London VO last month ref processing times for PNP applications. I pointed out that the Canadian High Commission (London) website stated 6 months processing time but the CIC website stated 23 months, I asked which was correct. The reply from London stated that the processing time for PNP applications was 6 months?
I have seen that too. Now maths isn't my strong point, but the 23 months refers to 80% of applications processed within this time and the 6 months refers to average processing time which are surely two different things?

6 months average means some are processed faster than 6 months and some slower. Anyone heard of anyone being processed faster than 6 months? We're around 7 months from submitting to London VO and haven't had PPR yet.
Old Nov 27th 2012, 2:51 pm
Andrew

chiefmissile is a name known to allchiefmissile is a name known to allchiefmissile is a name known to allchiefmissile is a name known to allchiefmissile is a name known to allchiefmissile is a name known to allchiefmissile is a name known to allchiefmissile is a name known to allchiefmissile is a name known to allchiefmissile is a name known to allchiefmissile is a name known to all

Originally Posted by Kaye5
I would put being rude to the person processing your immigration application on a par with being rude to your tattooist, hairdresser or any medical professional approaching you wearing a pair of rubber gloves. Not recommended.

I have seen that too. Now maths isn't my strong point, but the 23 months refers to 80% of applications processed within this time and the 6 months refers to average processing time which are surely two different things?

6 months average means some are processed faster than 6 months and some slower. Anyone heard of anyone being processed faster than 6 months? We're around 7 months from submitting to London VO and haven't had PPR yet.
Tony tiger was processed in 4 months, however he went to Alberta and apparently Alberta PNP applicants are priority?
Old Nov 27th 2012, 4:07 pm
B.E.Enthusiast

vettemaster is just really nicevettemaster is just really nicevettemaster is just really nicevettemaster is just really nicevettemaster is just really nicevettemaster is just really nicevettemaster is just really nicevettemaster is just really nicevettemaster is just really nice

Regards

Andrew
Hi Andrew, This is what is confusing One government website showing one average processing time and the other nearly 4 times longer? PMM states 23 months from his source and London website states 6 months average. Our E-CAS has never been updated since April 2012 and our medicals were received by London on the 11th of July? We would be a lot happier if at least something was updated via E-CAS
Old Nov 27th 2012, 4:08 pm
B.E.Enthusiast

vettemaster is just really nicevettemaster is just really nicevettemaster is just really nicevettemaster is just really nicevettemaster is just really nicevettemaster is just really nicevettemaster is just really nicevettemaster is just really nicevettemaster is just really nice

Tony tiger was processed in 4 months, however he went to Alberta and apparently Alberta PNP applicants are priority?
We were told that MPNP is a priority stream too?
Old Nov 27th 2012, 4:23 pm
Andrew

Originally Posted by vettemaster
Hi Andrew, This is what is confusing One government website showing one average processing time and the other nearly 4 times longer? PMM states 23 months from his source and London website states 6 months average. Our E-CAS has never been updated since April 2012 and our medicals were received by London on the 11th of July? We would be a lot happier if at least something was updated via E-CAS
Hi i can only speculate that they have indeed run out of visa quota for 2012, there is no other logical explanation. The 23 month average processing time also includes applicants from other countries who are processed via London, so that maybe where the average time adds up, its seems pretty quick (apart from you and a couple of others) if you are UK resident. Hope you get an update soon, seems unfair that your application is dragging on while others (Well done) have seemingly breezed through the process? I hope the new year brings with it a more efficient and expedited process!Hope you hear something soon.

Merry Xmas

Andrew
Old Nov 27th 2012, 4:27 pm
Andrew

Alberta has priority over other provincial priority assessments...........as far as i can make out, its top dog with all the critical skill shortages.
Old Nov 27th 2012, 4:46 pm
Just Joined

slavicnew is an unknown quantity at this point

The MPNP has 4 priority assessment streams

http://www.immigratemanitoba.com/how...e/eligibility/
Old Nov 27th 2012, 5:10 pm
B.E.Enthusiast

Originally Posted by slavicnew

Hi, We were aware they had 4 streams as we are applying under the Strategic Initiative stream. We just thought they had as much priority as other Provinces
Old Nov 27th 2012, 5:13 pm
Andrew

Originally Posted by slavicnew

Hi, thanks but we all know this as most here have completed the process in one of those streams. What we are trying to debate is whether successful candidates from other provinces PNP schemes are of a greater priority than any of the MPNP streams when it comes to applying to CIC for PR.

Regards

Andrew
Old Nov 27th 2012, 5:15 pm
BE Enthusiast

Dammy is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi, We were aware they had 4 streams as we are applying under the Strategic Initiative stream. We just thought they had as much priority as other Provinces
Hello vettemaster, Alberta probably has much priority than other provinces bacuse of Minister Kenny . But come to think of it, the provincial streams should be accorded it priority it deserve since the provincial governments signed an immigration contract with the Federal which should be treated fairly and on time.
Old Nov 27th 2012, 5:19 pm
BE Enthusiast

Dammy is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi, thanks but we all know this as most here have completed the process in one of those streams. What we are trying to debate is whether successful candidates from other provinces PNP schemes are of a greater priority than any of the MPNP streams when it comes to applying to CIC for PR.

Regards

Andrew
Andrew, want to believe the MPNP streams might be a visa specific issue. I know of someone who applied to CIO, Nova Scotia in April 2012 and her visa office is Accra, Ghana, she received her PR visa just this Monday(26-Nov-2012).
Old Nov 27th 2012, 5:26 pm
Just Joined

slavicnew is an unknown quantity at this point

Oops... I entered the wrong door
Old Nov 27th 2012, 6:34 pm
PMM
Lost in BE Cyberspace

PMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond repute

Hi

Originally Posted by Kaye5

The posted times for the 12 months period to June/12 for London on Open Data shows the following processing times for PNP.

20% 30% 50% 70% 80%
Provincial Nominees 9 10 13 17 21 958
Old Nov 27th 2012, 6:39 pm
Andrew

Originally Posted by Dammy
Andrew, want to believe the MPNP streams might be a visa specific issue. I know of someone who applied to CIO, Nova Scotia in April 2012 and her visa office is Accra, Ghana, she received her PR visa just this Monday(26-Nov-2012).
Hi Dammy,

Was your friend a PNP application or something else, is she was a PNP application then it was issued about the right time, if it was another type of application then it was V quick...........am i missing something in your post?

Regards

Andrew

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.