Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > Immigration & Citizenship (Canada)
Reload this Page >

timescales for PNP/ Pr applications from outside Canada

timescales for PNP/ Pr applications from outside Canada

Old Nov 21st 2012, 4:30 am
BE Enthusiast

Dammy is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: timescales for PNP/ Pr applications from outside Canada

Originally Posted by chiefmissile
Thanks Dammy,

See you got yours just recently, congrats it will be 3 weeks tmrw since our sponsor was interviewed, so i was hoping for something through the letter box this morning, but nothing apart from a tax bill!! Can you remember seeing the posting date from winnipeg on your letter? If so how long was it in transit before dropping through your letter box? My main application to CIC is ready to go, just need the letter and stickers and i can dispatch on the same day as receipt. When are you hoping to land?

Merry Xmas

Andrew
Hello Andrew,

My LOA was dated 30 September but time stamped by Canada Post on 4 October and got it on 19 November. So it took approximately 6 weeks in all to take delivery of the letter.

Had my CIO application too ready but need to take time to review once more to be sure nothing has changed before sending to Nova Scotia.

As for when to land, probably during summer of next year
Old Nov 21st 2012, 4:51 am
Andrew

chiefmissile is a name known to allchiefmissile is a name known to allchiefmissile is a name known to allchiefmissile is a name known to allchiefmissile is a name known to allchiefmissile is a name known to allchiefmissile is a name known to allchiefmissile is a name known to allchiefmissile is a name known to allchiefmissile is a name known to allchiefmissile is a name known to all

Originally Posted by Dammy
Hello Andrew,

My LOA was dated 30 September but time stamped by Canada Post on 4 October and got it on 19 November. So it took approximately 6 weeks in all to take delivery of the letter.

Had my CIO application too ready but need to take time to review once more to be sure nothing has changed before sending to Nova Scotia.

As for when to land, probably during summer of next year
I knew i should have changed my postal address to my parents (Sponsors). 6 weeks, thats unbelievableyou would have thought that they would send letters of LOA out by a faster route, it just slows the whole process down even further! So as it stands and taking into account "xmas post" i should get my LOA in the new year!!! Had not factored that in, we were looking to be on a plane with a one way ticket to Winnipeg next July! Some of the filipino applicants get their letters in about 3 weeks, weird how it takes longer to reach the UK

Anyway good luck and thanks for the info, i will keep you posted of any developments. I will be monitoring your application timeline closely for comparison.

Regards

Andrew
Old Nov 21st 2012, 5:13 am
B.E.Enthusiast

vettemaster is just really nicevettemaster is just really nicevettemaster is just really nicevettemaster is just really nicevettemaster is just really nicevettemaster is just really nicevettemaster is just really nicevettemaster is just really nicevettemaster is just really nice

Originally Posted by Violets are blue
Hi, I received an e mail with this today, any thoughts on what it means would be appreciated. Perhaps the quota is reached but when does this start in the new year does anyone know? Thanks in advance.

Please be advised that we have received your medical results and they have been positively assessed.

You will be contacted in the new year with information regarding the next step in processing.
Violets, We have sent an email today as its been a while since the last one was sent. We will await and see what happens
Old Nov 21st 2012, 5:14 am
BE Enthusiast

I knew i should have changed my postal address to my parents (Sponsors). 6 weeks, thats unbelievableyou would have thought that they would send letters of LOA out by a faster route, it just slows the whole process down even further! So as it stands and taking into account "xmas post" i should get my LOA in the new year!!! Had not factored that in, we were looking to be on a plane with a one way ticket to Winnipeg next July! Some of the filipino applicants get their letters in about 3 weeks, weird how it takes longer to reach the UK

Anyway good luck and thanks for the info, i will keep you posted of any developments. I will be monitoring your application timeline closely for comparison.

Regards

Andrew
Andrew am actually not based in the UK. There is someone in Switzerland that got his 9 days from the date of the letter. Believe you will get it before the xmas break.
Old Nov 21st 2012, 5:26 am
Andrew

chiefmissile is a name known to allchiefmissile is a name known to allchiefmissile is a name known to allchiefmissile is a name known to allchiefmissile is a name known to allchiefmissile is a name known to allchiefmissile is a name known to allchiefmissile is a name known to allchiefmissile is a name known to allchiefmissile is a name known to allchiefmissile is a name known to all

Andrew am actually not based in the UK. There is someone in Switzerland that got his 9 days from the date of the letter. Believe you will get it before the xmas break.
Thanks for letting me know, where are you from?

Andrew
Old Nov 21st 2012, 10:02 am
BE Enthusiast

Violets are blue has a brilliant futureViolets are blue has a brilliant futureViolets are blue has a brilliant futureViolets are blue has a brilliant futureViolets are blue has a brilliant futureViolets are blue has a brilliant futureViolets are blue has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by Kaye5
My guess is that they've run out of visas until the new year starts - 2 January.

This is what we were expecting (although it would be nice to have had an explanation why you have to wait until the new year....).

But, there is good news! Your meds have been positively assessed!
Hiya Kaye, I did see the good side in the 'positively assessed' and was happy about that . I was trying to think about when we would leave after reading your other response the other day and although my daughter would have liked a January start for a course she likes, its not the end of the world as she is interested in trying some other things there also.

I dont think we could have been out of here by the end of the year at this stage to be honest. I have a months notice to work even though they would be fine if I didnt but also packing up here and getting rid of stuff would take a bit of time. Christmas would not be the best time to leave as the rest of my family are busy with their families and so on, would make it very rushed and we all really love christmas.

I would have liked to know the outcome before Christmas so I could make plans and get flights in place and so on. I wouldnt mind, I usually do everything last minute and drive people nuts and the one time I want to be organised , karma I reckon .

So I can relax as I know nothing is heading this way for some weeks . I would have liked to know if more police certs are needed so I could have just gotten them but hey ho . Im going to chill and really enjoy Christmas
Old Nov 21st 2012, 10:11 am
BE Enthusiast

Violets are blue has a brilliant futureViolets are blue has a brilliant futureViolets are blue has a brilliant futureViolets are blue has a brilliant futureViolets are blue has a brilliant futureViolets are blue has a brilliant futureViolets are blue has a brilliant future

Regards

Andrew
Hi Andrew, I think ours took about two weeks or just under, not as long as yours is taking (to the UK). You might want to e mail and make sure it was sent to the correct address or have it resent. I think we received it just before Christmas. I hope it arrives soon. Good luck
Old Nov 21st 2012, 10:14 am
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by vettemaster
Violets, We have sent an email today as its been a while since the last one was sent. We will await and see what happens
Hi Vettemaster, I had sent an e mail following seeing the meds received and asked them if they needed any further documents as I had not seen decision made or if it was just in background checks and this was the reply received.

I hope you get some information back letting you know they are near the end of the meds assessment, that would be brilliant news at the very least. Good luck, will keep everything crossed for you .
Old Nov 21st 2012, 9:15 pm
BE Enthusiast

Thanks for letting me know, where are you from?

Andrew

Proudly Nigerian.
Old Nov 21st 2012, 9:45 pm
Andrew

Proudly Nigerian.
Thanks for letting me know, i have never been to Nigeria. What are you planning to do in Manitoba?

Regards

Andrew
Old Nov 22nd 2012, 4:25 am
Andrew

Hi all,

Good news we received our LOA today from MPNP.

LOA Dated 12th Nov, post mark dated 15th Nov, received 22nd Nov.

Good luck to everyone else who is waiting.

Merry Xmas

Andrew
Old Nov 22nd 2012, 5:15 am
BE Enthusiast

Thanks for letting me know, i have never been to Nigeria. What are you planning to do in Manitoba?

Regards

Andrew
Currently working banking and hoping to practice as a chartered accountant or work in a financial service firm.
Old Nov 22nd 2012, 5:20 am
BE Enthusiast

Hi all,

Merry Xmas

Andrew
This is lovely. Congratulations Wishing a merry xmas too
Old Nov 22nd 2012, 6:44 am
BE Enthusiast

Hi all,

Merry Xmas

Andrew
Congratulations Andrew , great news and just before Christmas. Push your application in as soon as possible and hopefully you will get through the process quickly. . Good luck and merry christmas
Old Nov 22nd 2012, 8:40 am
BE Forum Addict

Location: Hubley, Nova Scotia (from Scotland via Yorkshire and London)
Kaye5 is a glorious beacon of lightKaye5 is a glorious beacon of lightKaye5 is a glorious beacon of lightKaye5 is a glorious beacon of lightKaye5 is a glorious beacon of lightKaye5 is a glorious beacon of lightKaye5 is a glorious beacon of lightKaye5 is a glorious beacon of lightKaye5 is a glorious beacon of lightKaye5 is a glorious beacon of lightKaye5 is a glorious beacon of light

Change to our ECAS today:

We received your application for permanent residence on April 2, 2012.

We started processing your application on May 31, 2012.

Medical results have been received.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.