Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > Immigration & Citizenship (Canada)
Reload this Page >

timescales for PNP/ Pr applications from outside Canada

timescales for PNP/ Pr applications from outside Canada

Old Nov 19th 2012, 4:09 am
B.E.Enthusiast

vettemaster is just really nicevettemaster is just really nicevettemaster is just really nicevettemaster is just really nicevettemaster is just really nicevettemaster is just really nicevettemaster is just really nicevettemaster is just really nicevettemaster is just really nice
Default Re: timescales for PNP/ Pr applications from outside Canada

Originally Posted by Violets are blue
Hi Vettemaster, what months were you looking at, before or after Christmas? Just curious . We are set on going early next year if all goes well now .
We were looking at December and January
Old Nov 19th 2012, 4:11 am
BE Enthusiast

Violets are blue has a brilliant futureViolets are blue has a brilliant futureViolets are blue has a brilliant futureViolets are blue has a brilliant futureViolets are blue has a brilliant futureViolets are blue has a brilliant futureViolets are blue has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by vettemaster
We were looking at December and January
Ahhh are you going for christmas? We were move looking at Feb or march flights, cant remember how much they were but were more in April as far as i remember.
Old Nov 19th 2012, 4:29 am
B.E.Enthusiast

vettemaster is just really nicevettemaster is just really nicevettemaster is just really nicevettemaster is just really nicevettemaster is just really nicevettemaster is just really nicevettemaster is just really nicevettemaster is just really nicevettemaster is just really nice

Ahhh are you going for christmas? We were move looking at Feb or march flights, cant remember how much they were but were more in April as far as i remember.
We were if we got COPR
Old Nov 19th 2012, 8:11 am
BE Forum Addict

Location: Hubley, Nova Scotia (from Scotland via Yorkshire and London)
Kaye5 is a glorious beacon of lightKaye5 is a glorious beacon of lightKaye5 is a glorious beacon of lightKaye5 is a glorious beacon of lightKaye5 is a glorious beacon of lightKaye5 is a glorious beacon of lightKaye5 is a glorious beacon of lightKaye5 is a glorious beacon of lightKaye5 is a glorious beacon of lightKaye5 is a glorious beacon of lightKaye5 is a glorious beacon of light

We've all but given up on a January move (which was our original hope).

With our eldest being 15, we needed to get there for him to start the second semester in February (to do 4 credits), so as that now seems unlikely, we're going to wait for him to do his exams here, and hopefully he will get Grade 10 credits for most of them and not be too far behind.

So we are now looking at end of May 2013 - but want to book the flights in January. We are already looking at £2k with the cheapies (or £4.5k if we would like to fly AC... ), and that's only going to rise after January.

I will join in your screaming. If anyone else asks me when we are going...... and we've been in this game since April 2010, so there's been a lot of asking.
Old Nov 19th 2012, 8:50 am
GS1
Forum Regular

GS1 is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi, im wondering if you can help please.
I am currently living in UK and my canadian wife who is living with me sponsered me on a spouse sponsership, at that time we didnt have our baby so my wife didnt include any details that she was expecting. We then had our baby HERE IN the UK and at that time my paperwork was being processed.
So, I got my CORP and me, my wife and my baby are due to fly in 2 weeks time to Canada, but im just wondering do I need to tell immigration that I have a dependent and does my baby need to get sponsered as in a letter i received with my CORP it states failing to enclose changes in circumstance will result in maybe entry being refused for me? MY wife applied for a Canadian citizenship and passport for my baby,the passport has now been received, so just wondering if i need to do anything else?

GS1
Old Nov 19th 2012, 9:37 am
BE Enthusiast

Violets are blue has a brilliant futureViolets are blue has a brilliant futureViolets are blue has a brilliant futureViolets are blue has a brilliant futureViolets are blue has a brilliant futureViolets are blue has a brilliant futureViolets are blue has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by GS1
I am currently living in UK and my canadian wife who is living with me sponsered me on a spouse sponsership, at that time we didnt have our baby so my wife didnt include any details that she was expecting. We then had our baby HERE IN the UK and at that time my paperwork was being processed.
So, I got my CORP and me, my wife and my baby are due to fly in 2 weeks time to Canada, but im just wondering do I need to tell immigration that I have a dependent and does my baby need to get sponsered as in a letter i received with my CORP it states failing to enclose changes in circumstance will result in maybe entry being refused for me? MY wife applied for a Canadian citizenship and passport for my baby,the passport has now been received, so just wondering if i need to do anything else?

GS1
Hi, I dont know the answer to this question however would imagine that you would have to declare your child. You could put this up as a new thread for others to read especially the seniors/visa officers/border security and others who know the answer. Sorry not to know and for making my usual suggestion of putting it up as a new thread but it will work as more people will read it and be able to help. Good luck.
Old Nov 19th 2012, 9:38 am
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by vettemaster
We were if we got COPR
And you wouldn't be coming back after
Old Nov 19th 2012, 9:47 am
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Kaye5
We've all but given up on a January move (which was our original hope).

With our eldest being 15, we needed to get there for him to start the second semester in February (to do 4 credits), so as that now seems unlikely, we're going to wait for him to do his exams here, and hopefully he will get Grade 10 credits for most of them and not be too far behind.

So we are now looking at end of May 2013 - but want to book the flights in January. We are already looking at £2k with the cheapies (or £4.5k if we would like to fly AC... ), and that's only going to rise after January.

I will join in your screaming. If anyone else asks me when we are going...... and we've been in this game since April 2010, so there's been a lot of asking.

Im now afraid to look and get prices because we were hoping to go AC .

We had hoped to get there for my daughter to do course at uni also so plan B is in progress. I hope the exams go well for your son and you are completed by then and ready to be off . You must be on about plan W at this stage - over two years on.
Old Nov 19th 2012, 12:25 pm
PMM
Lost in BE Cyberspace

PMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond repute

Hi

Originally Posted by GS1

GS1
1. You should have submitted a copy of the birth certificate and amended your IMM 5406.
2. Too late to worry about it now. It shouldn't cause any problems that the child has a Canadian passport.
Old Nov 19th 2012, 8:52 pm
BE Forum Addict

Kaye5 is a glorious beacon of lightKaye5 is a glorious beacon of lightKaye5 is a glorious beacon of lightKaye5 is a glorious beacon of lightKaye5 is a glorious beacon of lightKaye5 is a glorious beacon of lightKaye5 is a glorious beacon of lightKaye5 is a glorious beacon of lightKaye5 is a glorious beacon of lightKaye5 is a glorious beacon of lightKaye5 is a glorious beacon of light

Im now afraid to look and get prices because we were hoping to go AC .

We had hoped to get there for my daughter to do course at uni also so plan B is in progress. I hope the exams go well for your son and you are completed by then and ready to be off . You must be on about plan W at this stage - over two years on.
Those prices are for 5 of us - late May/early June. We also looked at January prices, which booking at this late stage, are a lot more than that.

Were you planning a January start at Uni? I guess it depends on how much you have to wrap up here as to if you could make that.

We have our house still to sell (or rent out), 3 kids, dog to rehome, see family in Yorkshire and friends in London and a zillion other things to do before we jump on the plane. So I doubt we would make it for January, even if PPR came before Christmas as we just wouldn't have time to tie things up here.

Yes, I hope our son passes a few exams! He hasn't been very motivated to say the least, with all this uncertainty over the past years. I think Plan W is about right (moving on to Plan X....).
Old Nov 20th 2012, 2:45 am
Andrew

chiefmissile is a name known to allchiefmissile is a name known to allchiefmissile is a name known to allchiefmissile is a name known to allchiefmissile is a name known to allchiefmissile is a name known to allchiefmissile is a name known to allchiefmissile is a name known to allchiefmissile is a name known to allchiefmissile is a name known to allchiefmissile is a name known to all

Hi,

Seems a bit anxious on this thread at the moment, i am sure all will be fine and you will all be on your way soon. I am just waiting on my letter from MPNP, my sponsor was interviewd on 01 Nov, dose anyone know how long the snail mail takes from Winnipeg to UK?

In hindsight we should have got MPNP to send our letter to our sponsor, then they could have relayed it across to us here in the UK by first class airmail, which would have meant we would now be in receipt. Good luck to everyone hope you all have good news...........soon.

Merry Xmas (Thought i would be the first of the year)

Andrew
Old Nov 20th 2012, 8:06 pm
BE Enthusiast

Dammy is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by chiefmissile
Hi,

Seems a bit anxious on this thread at the moment, i am sure all will be fine and you will all be on your way soon. I am just waiting on my letter from MPNP, my sponsor was interviewd on 01 Nov, dose anyone know how long the snail mail takes from Winnipeg to UK?

In hindsight we should have got MPNP to send our letter to our sponsor, then they could have relayed it across to us here in the UK by first class airmail, which would have meant we would now be in receipt. Good luck to everyone hope you all have good news...........soon.

Merry Xmas (Thought i would be the first of the year)

Andrew
Hello Andrew: I guess anytime from now you would get the nomination. It takes 7-10 days after sponsor interview to get the letter dispatched. So should be on the way.
Old Nov 20th 2012, 10:33 pm
Andrew

chiefmissile is a name known to allchiefmissile is a name known to allchiefmissile is a name known to allchiefmissile is a name known to allchiefmissile is a name known to allchiefmissile is a name known to allchiefmissile is a name known to allchiefmissile is a name known to allchiefmissile is a name known to allchiefmissile is a name known to allchiefmissile is a name known to all

Originally Posted by Dammy
Hello Andrew: I guess anytime from now you would get the nomination. It takes 7-10 days after sponsor interview to get the letter dispatched. So should be on the way.
Thanks Dammy,

See you got yours just recently, congrats it will be 3 weeks tmrw since our sponsor was interviewed, so i was hoping for something through the letter box this morning, but nothing apart from a tax bill!! Can you remember seeing the posting date from winnipeg on your letter? If so how long was it in transit before dropping through your letter box? My main application to CIC is ready to go, just need the letter and stickers and i can dispatch on the same day as receipt. When are you hoping to land?

Merry Xmas

Andrew
Old Nov 21st 2012, 12:56 am
BE Enthusiast

Hi, I received an e mail with this today, any thoughts on what it means would be appreciated. Perhaps the quota is reached but when does this start in the new year does anyone know? Thanks in advance.

Please be advised that we have received your medical results and they have been positively assessed.

You will be contacted in the new year with information regarding the next step in processing.
Old Nov 21st 2012, 1:04 am
BE Forum Addict

My guess is that they've run out of visas until the new year starts - 2 January.

This is what we were expecting (although it would be nice to have had an explanation why you have to wait until the new year....).

But, there is good news! Your meds have been positively assessed!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.