Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > Immigration & Citizenship (Canada)
Reload this Page >

timescales for PNP/ Pr applications from outside Canada

timescales for PNP/ Pr applications from outside Canada

Old Nov 16th 2012, 4:06 am
B.E.Enthusiast

vettemaster is just really nicevettemaster is just really nicevettemaster is just really nicevettemaster is just really nicevettemaster is just really nicevettemaster is just really nicevettemaster is just really nicevettemaster is just really nicevettemaster is just really nice
Default Re: timescales for PNP/ Pr applications from outside Canada

Originally Posted by Violets are blue
AHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!! (im screaming on the inside )Just looked on ecas and it says 'Medical results have been received'.....AHHHHHHHHHH!!

Have no idea if its going to be good or bad but its movement!!!!! I think Im now going to pass out!!!!! (shock of something happening). I really hope its good news .

Vettemaster.... you must have something about to happen also
Hello Violets, I have not long been up after my nightshift and returning home from working away in London. I was stood outside Canada house Thursday and thought should I go to the visa office and ask ( if they know anymore regarding our case??). Thanks for your message while I was away . Unfortunately, we have seen no change on E-CAS All the best and hope you hear more soon

Last edited by vettemaster; Nov 16th 2012 at 4:10 am.
Old Nov 16th 2012, 4:30 am

Jim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by vettemaster
Hello Violets, I have not long been up after my nightshift and returning home from working away in London. I was stood outside Canada house Thursday and thought should I go to the visa office and ask ( if they know anymore regarding our case??). Thanks for your message while I was away . Unfortunately, we have seen no change on E-CAS All the best and hope you hear more soon
You may be in for a wait until the new year as targets may have already been met.
Old Nov 16th 2012, 4:46 am
B.E.Enthusiast

vettemaster is just really nicevettemaster is just really nicevettemaster is just really nicevettemaster is just really nicevettemaster is just really nicevettemaster is just really nicevettemaster is just really nicevettemaster is just really nicevettemaster is just really nice

Originally Posted by Jim Humphries
You may be in for a wait until the new year as targets may have already been met.
Hi Jim, Thanks for this information
Old Nov 16th 2012, 7:43 am
BE Enthusiast

Violets are blue has a brilliant futureViolets are blue has a brilliant futureViolets are blue has a brilliant futureViolets are blue has a brilliant futureViolets are blue has a brilliant futureViolets are blue has a brilliant futureViolets are blue has a brilliant future

Vettemaster, Thanks so much and I am hoping we hear something over the next few weeks . You should have camped in the entrance until they gave in . I hope they at least get your medical results over the next few weels also.

Jim, thank you for the information also. Does this mean if the medical is received that they may not send anything more until the new year also?

Bit of a 'bum' getting so far and possibly having to wait until the new year to find out the result. At least if thats the case hopefully it will be early enough in the new year that people hear .
Old Nov 17th 2012, 11:21 pm
B.E.Enthusiast

Violets, I still think we may have a chance of getting COPR before Christmas. Searching past threads over the November/ December months from previous years, have led me to believe that others have received COPR. Jim is probably right in what he said. There is still a slim chance though as they have already cashed our RPRF drafts
Lets not lose hope
Vettemaster, Thanks so much and I am hoping we hear something over the next few weeks . You should have camped in the entrance until they gave in . I hope they at least get your medical results over the next few weels also.

Jim, thank you for the information also. Does this mean if the medical is received that they may not send anything more until the new year also?

Bit of a 'bum' getting so far and possibly having to wait until the new year to find out the result. At least if thats the case hopefully it will be early enough in the new year that people hear .
Old Nov 18th 2012, 12:28 am
BE Enthusiast

Violets are blue has a brilliant futureViolets are blue has a brilliant futureViolets are blue has a brilliant futureViolets are blue has a brilliant futureViolets are blue has a brilliant futureViolets are blue has a brilliant futureViolets are blue has a brilliant future

Violets, I still think we may have a chance of getting COPR before Christmas. Searching past threads over the November/ December months from previous years, have led me to believe that others have received COPR. Jim is probably right in what he said. There is still a slim chance though as they have already cashed our RPRF drafts
Lets not lose hope
Hi Vettemaster, nice to see you back . 'Hope' is the least of my worries at this stage, its the sanity im worried about , its the craziest thing waiting for all of this, I've decided to just give in and Im just waiting for one of these to fly by.

I have no idea what to think because I have also seen when it just says medical received that people have been waiting ages as well as a few weeks .

Any word on yours (dare I ask ), any more e mails or information from them? Its such a long frustrating wait for you all.

No chance of giving up hope yet of course , I wouldn't give up hope for anything, way too positive for that. And you could get your birthday wish - you never know!!!
Old Nov 18th 2012, 6:37 am
Forum Regular

jaquar is an unknown quantity at this point

i will be really upset if this is the case as the web states apps are processed in the order they are received yet people who seem to have had their apps received a month or so after mine have had their ppr .. the mind boggles
Old Nov 18th 2012, 7:51 am

Jim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by jaquar
i will be really upset if this is the case as the web states apps are processed in the order they are received yet people who seem to have had their apps received a month or so after mine have had their ppr .. the mind boggles
Applications are taken into processing in date received order by category but each case will be different particularly in the background check area which visa officers do not control.
Old Nov 18th 2012, 8:24 am
BE Enthusiast

Applications are taken into processing in date received order by category but each case will be different particularly in the background check area which visa officers do not control.
Hi, thanks for this info Jim, its much appreciated.

Jaquar, I wouldn't get too upset because as Jim says its more of an individual thing when it comes to background checks which could take any length of time really I guess . This whole process is pretty much a waiting game - builds character . Good luck
Old Nov 19th 2012, 1:20 am
BE Forum Addict

Location: Hubley, Nova Scotia (from Scotland via Yorkshire and London)
Kaye5 is a glorious beacon of lightKaye5 is a glorious beacon of lightKaye5 is a glorious beacon of lightKaye5 is a glorious beacon of lightKaye5 is a glorious beacon of lightKaye5 is a glorious beacon of lightKaye5 is a glorious beacon of lightKaye5 is a glorious beacon of lightKaye5 is a glorious beacon of lightKaye5 is a glorious beacon of lightKaye5 is a glorious beacon of light

Lets not lose hope
I hope you are right....

Now I think we are early days to hear (only just over a month from returning additional meds) but I am so hoping to get PPR by early to mid January - desperate to book flights for May/June before the prices start to rise.

And too frightened to book them without PPR.

Hope our security checks don't take too long. Trying to think what might hold it up... my OH has been in the army but never on active service, we both were low grade civil servants and union members. Hoping these "activities" won't require too many lengthy checks! Other than that, we lived in the UK for all but a few years in the military for my OH in Germany.

I read in other posts in this and other forums that it's an average of 5 months for background checks but they are done at the same time as meds (to hopefully mean they are finalised at roughly the same time) and that living in certain countries, or being active members of certain organisations might mean it takes longer.
Old Nov 19th 2012, 3:20 am
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Kaye5
I hope you are right....

Now I think we are early days to hear (only just over a month from returning additional meds) but I am so hoping to get PPR by early to mid January - desperate to book flights for May/June before the prices start to rise.

And too frightened to book them without PPR.

Hope our security checks don't take too long. Trying to think what might hold it up... my OH has been in the army but never on active service, we both were low grade civil servants and union members. Hoping these "activities" won't require too many lengthy checks! Other than that, we lived in the UK for all but a few years in the military for my OH in Germany.

I read in other posts in this and other forums that it's an average of 5 months for background checks but they are done at the same time as meds (to hopefully mean they are finalised at roughly the same time) and that living in certain countries, or being active members of certain organisations might mean it takes longer.
Hi Kaye, i know what you mean about the flights and not booking them. I thought we would be gone by now or the latest the end of November!! I wouldnt book anything until its all finalised - too risky.

I have no idea whats looked into for the background checks and to be honest Im not at all bothered, I just want it to go well and be completed as soon as possible . I have never joined any type of organisation other than gyms/fitness .

I would also like to get going before the flights get are more expensive and of course before the medical runs out .

I hope your finished after these meds and get moving soon
Old Nov 19th 2012, 3:52 am
B.E.Enthusiast

Hi Kaye, i know what you mean about the flights and not booking them. I thought we would be gone by now or the latest the end of November!! I wouldnt book anything until its all finalised - too risky.

I have no idea whats looked into for the background checks and to be honest Im not at all bothered, I just want it to go well and be completed as soon as possible . I have never joined any type of organisation other than gyms/fitness .

I would also like to get going before the flights get are more expensive and of course before the medical runs out .

I hope your finished after these meds and get moving soon
Violets and Kaye, your too late with regards to flights going up in price! We have been keeping an eye on them just incase we get COPR before Christmas. Flight prices have started to increase for the winter months quite a lot over the last few weeks.
Old Nov 19th 2012, 3:54 am
B.E.Enthusiast

Hi Vettemaster, nice to see you back . 'Hope' is the least of my worries at this stage, its the sanity im worried about , its the craziest thing waiting for all of this, I've decided to just give in and Im just waiting for one of these to fly by.

I have no idea what to think because I have also seen when it just says medical received that people have been waiting ages as well as a few weeks .

Any word on yours (dare I ask ), any more e mails or information from them? Its such a long frustrating wait for you all.

No chance of giving up hope yet of course , I wouldn't give up hope for anything, way too positive for that. And you could get your birthday wish - you never know!!!
Hi Violets, Everything is still the same as it was 2 months ago Even our friends in Canada have started asking if we are still moving to Canada
Old Nov 19th 2012, 4:05 am
BE Enthusiast

Violets and Kaye, your too late with regards to flights going up in price! We have been keeping an eye on them just incase we get COPR before Christmas. Flight prices have started to increase for the winter months quite a lot over the last few weeks.
Hi Vettemaster, what months were you looking at, before or after Christmas? Just curious . We are set on going early next year if all goes well now .
Old Nov 19th 2012, 4:07 am
BE Enthusiast

Hi Violets, Everything is still the same as it was 2 months ago Even our friends in Canada have started asking if we are still moving to Canada
AHHHHHH just thought I would do the scream for you . One of my brothers asked me recently also and said he thought I would be there by now...I just smiled and said hummmmmmmmm .

It comes when you least expect it - a third line on ecas . Hopefully soon Vettemaster

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.