Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > Immigration & Citizenship (Canada)
Reload this Page >

timescales for PNP/ Pr applications from outside Canada

timescales for PNP/ Pr applications from outside Canada

Old Nov 14th 2012, 8:36 am
BE Enthusiast

Violets are blue has a brilliant futureViolets are blue has a brilliant futureViolets are blue has a brilliant futureViolets are blue has a brilliant futureViolets are blue has a brilliant futureViolets are blue has a brilliant futureViolets are blue has a brilliant future
Default Re: timescales for PNP/ Pr applications from outside Canada

Originally Posted by Arty
Hi All,
Looks like good news for you guys well worth the wait,just keep calm like we did
Violets are blue any day now

Arty & Co
Hi Arty, Im really hoping so , just a bit of a worry without seeing the decision made part (of course then the worry would be...is the answer good or bad ). Cant wait to know...kinda like waiting for Santa Clause when you're young all over
Old Nov 14th 2012, 8:41 am
BE Enthusiast

Arty has a reputation beyond reputeArty has a reputation beyond reputeArty has a reputation beyond reputeArty has a reputation beyond reputeArty has a reputation beyond reputeArty has a reputation beyond reputeArty has a reputation beyond reputeArty has a reputation beyond reputeArty has a reputation beyond reputeArty has a reputation beyond reputeArty has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Violets are blue
Hi Arty, Im really hoping so , just a bit of a worry without seeing the decision made part (of course then the worry would be...is the answer good or bad ). Cant wait to know...kinda like waiting for Santa Clause when you're young all over
Hi,
yes it is a horrible feeling and situation to be in,but when you get the go ahead and I am sure you will,you start to worry about the whole moving thing.
There is always another worry hill to climb,but hearing from other folk who have went down this road it is well worth the hassle.

Arty & Family
Old Nov 14th 2012, 9:00 am
Forum Regular

worriedmom has much to be proud ofworriedmom has much to be proud ofworriedmom has much to be proud ofworriedmom has much to be proud ofworriedmom has much to be proud ofworriedmom has much to be proud ofworriedmom has much to be proud ofworriedmom has much to be proud ofworriedmom has much to be proud ofworriedmom has much to be proud ofworriedmom has much to be proud of

Hi, I have no idea what the answer to your question is or how to go about finding out. Can I suggest you put a new thread up for this and you will get more people looking and someone will be able to answer for sure. Good luck.
Thanks a bunch
Old Nov 14th 2012, 9:06 am
BE Enthusiast

Violets are blue has a brilliant futureViolets are blue has a brilliant futureViolets are blue has a brilliant futureViolets are blue has a brilliant futureViolets are blue has a brilliant futureViolets are blue has a brilliant futureViolets are blue has a brilliant future

Hi,
yes it is a horrible feeling and situation to be in,but when you get the go ahead and I am sure you will,you start to worry about the whole moving thing.
There is always another worry hill to climb,but hearing from other folk who have went down this road it is well worth the hassle.

Arty & Family
Just when you think its safe to breath..... I am sure if we get the go ahead I will wonder why I didnt spend more time sorting things out instead of this .

Are you in Canada yet, I cant quite figure if your locating is in Scotland (sorry I am really bad at Scottish locations - and nearly every other countries locations to be honest ).
I hope things are moving along positively for you .
Old Nov 14th 2012, 9:07 am
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by worriedmom
Thanks a bunch
Youre very welcome. Im really sorry I could not help any more than the suggestion. I hope you find out everything you need to know.
Old Nov 14th 2012, 9:26 am
BE Enthusiast

Arty has a reputation beyond reputeArty has a reputation beyond reputeArty has a reputation beyond reputeArty has a reputation beyond reputeArty has a reputation beyond reputeArty has a reputation beyond reputeArty has a reputation beyond reputeArty has a reputation beyond reputeArty has a reputation beyond reputeArty has a reputation beyond reputeArty has a reputation beyond repute

Just when you think its safe to breath..... I am sure if we get the go ahead I will wonder why I didnt spend more time sorting things out instead of this .

Are you in Canada yet, I cant quite figure if your locating is in Scotland (sorry I am really bad at Scottish locations - and nearly every other countries locations to be honest ).
I hope things are moving along positively for you .
Hi ,
we are still in Scotland ,but hope to fly out to NS at the begining of April 2013 to activate our PR.
Ultimately our intention is to move over permanently next August but the way my son is acting that could be wishfull thinking.
Anyways onwards and upwards

Arty & Family
Old Nov 14th 2012, 9:46 am
BE Enthusiast

Hi ,
we are still in Scotland ,but hope to fly out to NS at the begining of April 2013 to activate our PR.
Ultimately our intention is to move over permanently next August but the way my son is acting that could be wishfull thinking.
Anyways onwards and upwards

Arty & Family
We are now thinking if it comes through about March time also (before if possible).

Does your son not want to go or is he just being difficult about the move? Time is a good thing to have because it gives time to get used to the idea. I know my daughter had plenty of times when she wasnt sure and didnt want to go and then said she would come for a week (how mad is that ) but now really wants to come and positive about it.
I really hope whatever it is will sort itself out over the next few months .
Old Nov 14th 2012, 9:58 am
BE Enthusiast

We are now thinking if it comes through about March time also (before if possible).

Does your son not want to go or is he just being difficult about the move? Time is a good thing to have because it gives time to get used to the idea. I know my daughter had plenty of times when she wasnt sure and didnt want to go and then said she would come for a week (how mad is that ) but now really wants to come and positive about it.
I really hope whatever it is will sort itself out over the next few months .
He does not want to go now ,says all his mates are here and i can understand that.He is 15 years old not a great time to move ,he was keen a few years back but now that he is coming up for 16 reckons he will just stay.
We are keeping our fingers crossed that he will come round to our way of thinking ,as in there are more opportunities in Canada for him and our daughter.Time will tell
Old Nov 14th 2012, 10:18 am
BE Enthusiast

He does not want to go now ,says all his mates are here and i can understand that.He is 15 years old not a great time to move ,he was keen a few years back but now that he is coming up for 16 reckons he will just stay.
We are keeping our fingers crossed that he will come round to our way of thinking ,as in there are more opportunities in Canada for him and our daughter.Time will tell
My brother advised reverse psychology and to let him know that if he wants to stay then thats fine and he can, and then by the time it comes around he will be off like a flash with you. Of course if your son is anything like my brother (very stubborn and single minded) it might not work . Its a really difficult age and friends mean a lot and of course change is always a bit scary. My daughter is older and can see that friends move on and get their own lives.

Its one of the most upsetting parts of all of this and I know my daughter really needed time to get her head around it even though she was the one to said apply!! Its such an emotional ride for everyone involved really. Im sure given time he may just go full circle and want to go again .
Old Nov 14th 2012, 8:42 pm
BE Forum Addict

Location: Hubley, Nova Scotia (from Scotland via Yorkshire and London)
Kaye5 is a glorious beacon of lightKaye5 is a glorious beacon of lightKaye5 is a glorious beacon of lightKaye5 is a glorious beacon of lightKaye5 is a glorious beacon of lightKaye5 is a glorious beacon of lightKaye5 is a glorious beacon of lightKaye5 is a glorious beacon of lightKaye5 is a glorious beacon of lightKaye5 is a glorious beacon of lightKaye5 is a glorious beacon of light

Arty, our eldest son is 15 also. Will be 16 on Canada Day 2013 - which we hope to celebrate in Canada!

Can't really offer any advice, as my boy is very keen to go (maybe because we have always told him he doesn't have to - ha ha)!

Whatever your son decides, so long as he lands it will leave the door open for him for a few more years at least. Hope he does change his mind, though.

Old Nov 15th 2012, 7:48 am
BE Forum Addict

DandNHill has a reputation beyond reputeDandNHill has a reputation beyond reputeDandNHill has a reputation beyond reputeDandNHill has a reputation beyond reputeDandNHill has a reputation beyond reputeDandNHill has a reputation beyond reputeDandNHill has a reputation beyond reputeDandNHill has a reputation beyond reputeDandNHill has a reputation beyond reputeDandNHill has a reputation beyond reputeDandNHill has a reputation beyond repute

My two older boys changed their minds more often than underwear. They both came and they're very happy with their decision. \The oldest is at Dal and the younger one is off to Toronto as apparently the streets are paved with gold! lol

Seriously, my advice is not to worry about it until nearer the time they are so volatile at that age...
Old Nov 15th 2012, 7:54 am
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Kaye5
Arty, our eldest son is 15 also. Will be 16 on Canada Day 2013 - which we hope to celebrate in Canada!

Can't really offer any advice, as my boy is very keen to go (maybe because we have always told him he doesn't have to - ha ha)!

Whatever your son decides, so long as he lands it will leave the door open for him for a few more years at least. Hope he does change his mind, though.

Kaye5,
yeah tried that one and he came out with "thats what i wanted to hear and I am still not going
Hopefully when we come over to Nova Scotia this Easter that some of our friends know of some drop dead beauties who can show him the error of his way's and entice him over.
Arty & Family
Old Nov 15th 2012, 7:56 am
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by DandNHill
My two older boys changed their minds more often than underwear. They both came and they're very happy with their decision. \The oldest is at Dal and the younger one is off to Toronto as apparently the streets are paved with gold! lol

Seriously, my advice is not to worry about it until nearer the time they are so volatile at that age...
Hi DandNHill,
Fingers crossed he comes round to our way of thinking ,if not then that's the end of that dream.

Arty & Family
Old Nov 15th 2012, 9:45 am
BE Forum Addict

Location: Hubley, Nova Scotia (from Scotland via Yorkshire and London)
Kaye5 is a glorious beacon of lightKaye5 is a glorious beacon of lightKaye5 is a glorious beacon of lightKaye5 is a glorious beacon of lightKaye5 is a glorious beacon of lightKaye5 is a glorious beacon of lightKaye5 is a glorious beacon of lightKaye5 is a glorious beacon of lightKaye5 is a glorious beacon of lightKaye5 is a glorious beacon of lightKaye5 is a glorious beacon of light

Kaye5,
Hopefully when we come over to Nova Scotia this Easter that some of our friends know of some drop dead beauties who can show him the error of his way's and entice him over.
Arty & Family
I like your way of thinking...

Don't think that would work with mine in the same situation, though. Not unless she was obsessed with killing zombies.
Old Nov 15th 2012, 9:58 am
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Kaye5
I like your way of thinking...

Don't think that would work with mine in the same situation, though. Not unless she was obsessed with killing zombies.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.