Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > Immigration & Citizenship (Canada)
Reload this Page >

timescales for PNP/ Pr applications from outside Canada

timescales for PNP/ Pr applications from outside Canada

Old Oct 25th 2012, 10:56 am
BE Enthusiast

Violets are blue has a brilliant futureViolets are blue has a brilliant futureViolets are blue has a brilliant futureViolets are blue has a brilliant futureViolets are blue has a brilliant futureViolets are blue has a brilliant futureViolets are blue has a brilliant future
Default Re: timescales for PNP/ Pr applications from outside Canada

Originally Posted by Kaye5
Violets, you must have the patience of a saint!

Even we are getting twitchy and still ages to go until the one-year-after-medicals deadline. I was ok until the clock started ticking. Vettemaster, what on earth can be taking this long - if there was any problem with the medicals surely you would have been told by now.

Enormously frustrating. Can't help you in any way except to keep for you both.
Kaye5, patience of a saint never!!! I just try stay positive and realistic to make sure the waiting does not knock me out . Its difficult waiting and not knowing the final outcome and having plans that can never be totally planned until the answer finally arrives, very frustrating for sure .
Old Oct 26th 2012, 12:23 am
BE Forum Addict

Location: Hubley, Nova Scotia (from Scotland via Yorkshire and London)
Kaye5 is a glorious beacon of lightKaye5 is a glorious beacon of lightKaye5 is a glorious beacon of lightKaye5 is a glorious beacon of lightKaye5 is a glorious beacon of lightKaye5 is a glorious beacon of lightKaye5 is a glorious beacon of lightKaye5 is a glorious beacon of lightKaye5 is a glorious beacon of lightKaye5 is a glorious beacon of lightKaye5 is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by Violets are blue
Kaye5, patience of a saint never!!! I just try stay positive and realistic to make sure the waiting does not knock me out . Its difficult waiting and not knowing the final outcome and having plans that can never be totally planned until the answer finally arrives, very frustrating for sure .
Keep up the positive vibes! Someone must hear something soon....
Old Oct 27th 2012, 10:38 pm
Forum Regular

FLMeehan is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi All, just checking in, We've still not heard a sausage! we had to re-do our police checks, we ordered the police checks locally not reading fully the request, they were the wrong ones for immigration (£10 each) the ones they wanted were the £45 each ones, to be honest they were the same but the immigration ones has a scanned photo of us on.... all one big rip off really. I think if the word immigration is envolved the price doubles on everything. I sent an email 2 wks ago asking if the police checks had been received and all ok. I got an email back saying, high volumns at the minute will reply 2-3wks! So the wait goes on. I want to put our house up for sale in January so really need to know by then.... starting to get doubtful now if we'll hear by xmas... time moves so fast and immigration moves so slow!
Old Oct 27th 2012, 10:44 pm
Pondering a career change

Mikeypm has a reputation beyond reputeMikeypm has a reputation beyond reputeMikeypm has a reputation beyond reputeMikeypm has a reputation beyond reputeMikeypm has a reputation beyond reputeMikeypm has a reputation beyond reputeMikeypm has a reputation beyond reputeMikeypm has a reputation beyond reputeMikeypm has a reputation beyond reputeMikeypm has a reputation beyond reputeMikeypm has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by FLMeehan
Hi All, just checking in, We've still not heard a sausage! we had to re-do our police checks, we ordered the police checks locally not reading fully the request, they were the wrong ones for immigration (£10 each) the ones they wanted were the £45 each ones, to be honest they were the same but the immigration ones has a scanned photo of us on.... all one big rip off really. I think if the word immigration is envolved the price doubles on everything. I sent an email 2 wks ago asking if the police checks had been received and all ok. I got an email back saying, high volumns at the minute will reply 2-3wks! So the wait goes on. I want to put our house up for sale in January so really need to know by then.... starting to get doubtful now if we'll hear by xmas... time moves so fast and immigration moves so slow!
it is pretty ridiculous how long it takes and how much they charge as me and my girlfriend needed police certificates from Denmark, the certs cost nothing, emailed them on Monday arrived by Thursday, I emailed on Monday for a military police cert and it was free and arrived on Saturday. ACPO police vert sent over two weeks ago and £90 for the two of us and not a peep from the ACPO yet although they have cashed the cheques

Hope your immigration moves quickly soon, will keep my fingers http://images.ibsrv.net/ibsrv/res/sr...ingerscrossed:

For all of you in this thread
Old Oct 27th 2012, 10:48 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Mikeypm
it is pretty ridiculous how long it takes and how much they charge as me and my girlfriend needed police certificates from Denmark, the certs cost nothing, emailed them on Monday arrived by Thursday, I emailed on Monday for a military police cert and it was free and arrived on Saturday. ACPO police vert sent over two weeks ago and £90 for the two of us and not a peep from the ACPO yet although they have cashed the cheques

Hope your immigration moves quickly soon, will keep my fingers http://images.ibsrv.net/ibsrv/res/sr...ingerscrossed:

For all of you in this thread
Our ACPO took about 2 wks, I think once they cashed the cheque we received them a few days later, so they should hopefully arrive this wk. Thanks and good luck to you and your girlfriend.
Old Oct 27th 2012, 10:54 pm
BE Forum Addict

Kaye5 is a glorious beacon of lightKaye5 is a glorious beacon of lightKaye5 is a glorious beacon of lightKaye5 is a glorious beacon of lightKaye5 is a glorious beacon of lightKaye5 is a glorious beacon of lightKaye5 is a glorious beacon of lightKaye5 is a glorious beacon of lightKaye5 is a glorious beacon of lightKaye5 is a glorious beacon of lightKaye5 is a glorious beacon of light

I want to put our house up for sale in January so really need to know by then.... starting to get doubtful now if we'll hear by xmas... time moves so fast and immigration moves so slow!
You could start the process of putting your house on the market. The "worst" that can happen is that you'll get an offer which you can either accept or reject. Don't know where you are located but if in England, there's little in the way of upfront costs.

In Scotland it's a different matter - we had to shell out £610 for a home report, which they still have here. House been on the market since August - not had any interest. According to our estate agent (hm...) market is always dead November to January - then starts to revive again February up until summer hols.
Old Oct 29th 2012, 8:17 am
Forum Regular

You could start the process of putting your house on the market. The "worst" that can happen is that you'll get an offer which you can either accept or reject. Don't know where you are located but if in England, there's little in the way of upfront costs.

In Scotland it's a different matter - we had to shell out £610 for a home report, which they still have here. House been on the market since August - not had any interest. According to our estate agent (hm...) market is always dead November to January - then starts to revive again February up until summer hols.
Well after my post the other day..... I've received an email request today to say we are in the final stages and to send all copies of our passports within 30 days and our PR will expire 18/8/2013.....omg!!

I live in Bedford, East Anglia. I must check on the passport bit of all pages, if they need every page, even the blank ones? a lot of photo copying! can anyone comment on this?
Old Oct 29th 2012, 8:57 am
BE Forum Addict

Well after my post the other day..... I've received an email request today to say we are in the final stages and to send all copies of our passports within 30 days and our PR will expire 18/8/2013.....omg!!

I live in Bedford, East Anglia. I must check on the passport bit of all pages, if they need every page, even the blank ones? a lot of photo copying! can anyone comment on this?

Blimey - right out of the blue!! (As these things always are.)

Many congratulations! Hope you've got the champagne out!

Maybe this is the start of the "domino effect" for the rest of us waiting?

In answer to your question about passports, I've copied them all in readiness (I live in hope). Not sure if that is right or not, but I think most others have done them all too.

Really happy for you!!

So.... who's next?
Old Oct 29th 2012, 9:14 am
BE Enthusiast

Violets are blue has a brilliant futureViolets are blue has a brilliant futureViolets are blue has a brilliant futureViolets are blue has a brilliant futureViolets are blue has a brilliant futureViolets are blue has a brilliant futureViolets are blue has a brilliant future

Congratulations , amazing news . Great to hear. I believe that you have to photocopy all pages including the blank ones. Good luck
Old Oct 29th 2012, 9:10 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Violets are blue
Congratulations , amazing news . Great to hear. I believe that you have to photocopy all pages including the blank ones. Good luck
Thanks V much, keep my fingers crossed for you now.
Old Oct 29th 2012, 10:00 pm
Forum Regular

Blimey - right out of the blue!! (As these things always are.)

Many congratulations! Hope you've got the champagne out!

Maybe this is the start of the "domino effect" for the rest of us waiting?

In answer to your question about passports, I've copied them all in readiness (I live in hope). Not sure if that is right or not, but I think most others have done them all too.

Really happy for you!!

So.... who's next?
Yes I hope it is the start for you all, The passport copying, that was a great idea... I have about 80 pages to do now
Old Oct 29th 2012, 10:37 pm
BE Forum Addict

Yes I hope it is the start for you all, The passport copying, that was a great idea... I have about 80 pages to do now
I feel your pain - there's five passports for us.....
Old Oct 29th 2012, 11:52 pm
Pondering a career change

Mikeypm has a reputation beyond reputeMikeypm has a reputation beyond reputeMikeypm has a reputation beyond reputeMikeypm has a reputation beyond reputeMikeypm has a reputation beyond reputeMikeypm has a reputation beyond reputeMikeypm has a reputation beyond reputeMikeypm has a reputation beyond reputeMikeypm has a reputation beyond reputeMikeypm has a reputation beyond reputeMikeypm has a reputation beyond repute

I feel your pain - there's five passports for us.....
As anyone considered starting a career in copying and obtaining documents for people for the visa process. Judging by all the documents required and all the copying its sounds like a niche to be filled
Old Oct 31st 2012, 8:44 am
Forum Regular

Maplease is a name known to allMaplease is a name known to allMaplease is a name known to allMaplease is a name known to allMaplease is a name known to allMaplease is a name known to allMaplease is a name known to allMaplease is a name known to allMaplease is a name known to allMaplease is a name known to allMaplease is a name known to all

Am drinking champagne, got passports request via e-mail. Thought I'd post before I got too drunk.
I reckon they are on a roll. Good luck everyone
Old Oct 31st 2012, 8:46 am
BE Forum Addict

Are you who I think you are?!! Was just about to say I had just this moment heard someone else with PPR!

Yes, I think they ARE on a roll.

Congrats!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.