Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > Immigration & Citizenship (Canada)
Reload this Page >

timescales for PNP/ Pr applications from outside Canada

timescales for PNP/ Pr applications from outside Canada

Old Oct 14th 2012, 10:12 pm
BE Enthusiast

Violets are blue has a brilliant futureViolets are blue has a brilliant futureViolets are blue has a brilliant futureViolets are blue has a brilliant futureViolets are blue has a brilliant futureViolets are blue has a brilliant futureViolets are blue has a brilliant future
Default Re: timescales for PNP/ Pr applications from outside Canada

Originally Posted by vettemaster
Hi Violets I am hoping we hear something real soon as our 6 months processing is up on the 23/10/12 I think yours is up around the same time as us? Just think, when we do finally hear from London, we only have 12 months from the date of our medicals to activate our visa's should we be successful
I know the time thing ...im really trying not to remember it because it could mean all sorts of things like more police checks...and well, more money really. Im hoping to hear soon too so we can get a plan underway because it will take a couple of months to get everything sorted/sold and booked to go. Also, I have a feeling that dogs are not allowed in some sort of flights during winter times .

So, really really hoping it gets a move on for both of us, I really think we will hear soon you know, i have a feeling ....however I have had those loads of times and they werent right .

Im also guessing its the date of the first medical, not the final ones :. I had hoped to know by now but am expecting some sort of response in the next four weeks or so, hopefully .
Old Oct 14th 2012, 10:17 pm
Just Joined

Canadiandouble is an unknown quantity at this point
Thumbs up Re: timescales for PNP/ Pr applications from outside Canada

Originally Posted by Violets are blue
I know the time thing ...im really trying not to remember it because it could mean all sorts of things like more police checks...and well, more money really. Im hoping to hear soon too so we can get a plan underway because it will take a couple of months to get everything sorted/sold and booked to go. Also, I have a feeling that dogs are not allowed in some sort of flights during winter times .

So, really really hoping it gets a move on for both of us, I really think we will hear soon you know, i have a feeling ....however I have had those loads of times and they werent right .

Im also guessing its the date of the first medical, not the final ones :. I had hoped to know by now but am expecting some sort of response in the next four weeks or so, hopefully .

Hi Violets,

When did your 2nd medicals arrive? Our results of Medical furtherance were sent almost 2 weeks ago, searching the web I read it will take approximately 4 weeks to have "medicals received" flashing on e-cas.... How about yours?
Best of luck!
Old Oct 14th 2012, 10:20 pm
BE Enthusiast

Violets are blue has a brilliant futureViolets are blue has a brilliant futureViolets are blue has a brilliant futureViolets are blue has a brilliant futureViolets are blue has a brilliant futureViolets are blue has a brilliant futureViolets are blue has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by Canadiandouble
Hi Violets,

When did your 2nd medicals arrive? Our results of Medical furtherance were sent almost 2 weeks ago, searching the web I read it will take approximately 4 weeks to have "medicals received" flashing on e-cas.... How about yours?
Best of luck!
Mine were sent over 3 weeks ago now and nothing on ecas, I dont really bother with ecas too much because nothing has appeared on it since about April.
Old Oct 14th 2012, 10:26 pm
Just Joined

Mine were sent over 3 weeks ago now and nothing on ecas, I dont really bother with ecas too much because nothing has appeared on it since about April.
Yeah, last news on ecas was on May (start processing your application). Nothing about 1st medicals or "furtherance request"...

I don"t care about ecas, the maple leaf stamped will be enough!

Let's wait....OMG !
Old Oct 14th 2012, 10:39 pm
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Canadiandouble
Yeah, last news on ecas was on May (start processing your application). Nothing about 1st medicals or "furtherance request"...

I don"t care about ecas, the maple leaf stamped will be enough!

Let's wait....OMG !
Good luck with the wait and hopefully a positive result
Old Oct 14th 2012, 10:49 pm
B.E.Enthusiast

vettemaster is just really nicevettemaster is just really nicevettemaster is just really nicevettemaster is just really nicevettemaster is just really nicevettemaster is just really nicevettemaster is just really nicevettemaster is just really nicevettemaster is just really nice

Hi Violets, I know what you mean about the animals not being able to fly through the winter and some summer months. We found this out when enquiring about our cats We can't even get the cats fit to fly certs or rabies jabs until we hear we have visas Lets hope we have some news by the 23rd. Your 6 months up on 25th October?

Last edited by vettemaster; Oct 14th 2012 at 11:02 pm.
Old Oct 17th 2012, 3:24 pm
B.E.Enthusiast

vettemaster is just really nicevettemaster is just really nicevettemaster is just really nicevettemaster is just really nicevettemaster is just really nicevettemaster is just really nicevettemaster is just really nicevettemaster is just really nicevettemaster is just really nice

We're in the same boat with regards to nothing changing on ECAS Seems pretty pointless having it if its not updated. We have sent an email this morning, just asking for an update on our application for PR. It has been a month since we emailed last time and got a response last month that the ( doctors are still reveiwing my OH's medicals ) It is possible that this is still the case. I don't see any harm that could come from assking for an update, we are already delayed I do wish ours would have been as quick as some others like Tony Tiger's and Bertie41. Very lucky people

Last edited by vettemaster; Oct 17th 2012 at 3:28 pm.
Old Oct 17th 2012, 7:22 pm
BE Enthusiast

We're in the same boat with regards to nothing changing on ECAS Seems pretty pointless having it if its not updated. We have sent an email this morning, just asking for an update on our application for PR. It has been a month since we emailed last time and got a response last month that the ( doctors are still reveiwing my OH's medicals ) It is possible that this is still the case. I don't see any harm that could come from assking for an update, we are already delayed I do wish ours would have been as quick as some others like Tony Tiger's and Bertie41. Very lucky people
Hi Vettemaster, good luck with your request for update and hopefully it will come back with some news or positive at least and pretty soon. Im guessing you will hear something back within a week or so hopefully?
Oh my god, I really wish ours had been as quick as the others, at least I hope the final result is positive and that at least will make up for it all . Im just waiting and the e mail reply only came through under a week ago so sitting patiently - dum de dum.... . I have no idea when the 6 month thing is up, Im guessing youre right about the 25th for mine.
I was checking flights with Air Canada for us and the dog and that will be the first task once if we get through Good luck again with your request Vettemaster.
Old Oct 20th 2012, 3:55 pm
B.E.Enthusiast

Hi Vettemaster, good luck with your request for update and hopefully it will come back with some news or positive at least and pretty soon. Im guessing you will hear something back within a week or so hopefully?
Oh my god, I really wish ours had been as quick as the others, at least I hope the final result is positive and that at least will make up for it all . Im just waiting and the e mail reply only came through under a week ago so sitting patiently - dum de dum.... . I have no idea when the 6 month thing is up, Im guessing youre right about the 25th for mine.
I was checking flights with Air Canada for us and the dog and that will be the first task once if we get through Good luck again with your request Vettemaster.
Hi Violets, Thanks for the support. We have not had any reply to our email yet. They normally respond within 7 days.

We have been checking flights from Heathrow London and Bristol for flights to Winnipeg and the prices seem to be good at the moment and stable.

We did want to go to Manitoba before Christmas for a visit for a week , but we are not sure on whether there will be any issues going through Immigration at airport as we are in the middle of a PR application? It could raise some concerns with an immigration officer possibly
I suppose others may have done this with no issues?

It would be nice to have a Christmas in Canada , even if it is before we get PR
Old Oct 20th 2012, 5:12 pm
BE Forum Addict

Location: Hubley, Nova Scotia (from Scotland via Yorkshire and London)
Kaye5 is a glorious beacon of lightKaye5 is a glorious beacon of lightKaye5 is a glorious beacon of lightKaye5 is a glorious beacon of lightKaye5 is a glorious beacon of lightKaye5 is a glorious beacon of lightKaye5 is a glorious beacon of lightKaye5 is a glorious beacon of lightKaye5 is a glorious beacon of lightKaye5 is a glorious beacon of lightKaye5 is a glorious beacon of light

We did want to go to Manitoba before Christmas for a visit for a week , but we are not sure on whether there will be any issues going through Immigration at airport as we are in the middle of a PR application? It could raise some concerns with an immigration officer possibly
I suppose others may have done this with no issues?

It would be nice to have a Christmas in Canada , even if it is before we get PR
We haven't had any problems visiting Canada while our PR application(s) are in process. They never even mentioned it. Just the usual - why are you visiting, where are you going, Welcome to Canada, etc.

I also know of some who have gone there without PR having been finalised - and lived there on visitors' visas while waiting (though I think that did raise some eyebrows...but they still let them in).

I wouldn't worry at all about going with a return ticket booked.
Old Oct 20th 2012, 5:29 pm
B.E.Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Kaye5
We haven't had any problems visiting Canada while our PR application(s) are in process. They never even mentioned it. Just the usual - why are you visiting, where are you going, Welcome to Canada, etc.

I also know of some who have gone there without PR having been finalised - and lived there on visitors' visas while waiting (though I think that did raise some eyebrows...but they still let them in).

I wouldn't worry at all about going with a return ticket booked.
Kaye5, thanks for your help with this, I was not 100% sure as I remember reading somewhere on this forum that it could be an issue.
Old Oct 20th 2012, 6:42 pm
BE Forum Addict

Location: Hubley, Nova Scotia (from Scotland via Yorkshire and London)
Kaye5 is a glorious beacon of lightKaye5 is a glorious beacon of lightKaye5 is a glorious beacon of lightKaye5 is a glorious beacon of lightKaye5 is a glorious beacon of lightKaye5 is a glorious beacon of lightKaye5 is a glorious beacon of lightKaye5 is a glorious beacon of lightKaye5 is a glorious beacon of lightKaye5 is a glorious beacon of lightKaye5 is a glorious beacon of light

Kaye5, thanks for your help with this, I was not 100% sure as I remember reading somewhere on this forum that it could be an issue.
Well I guess nothing is guaranteed, but if I wasn't reasonably confident I wouldn't have taken five of us to Canada - could you imagine if we had been refused entry due to a PR application?! We were expecting to be grilled, but no, nothing.

The length of time some of us have been waiting, I'd be pretty peed off if we couldn't go to Canada for that long - we're heading for 3 years in all...

Enjoy your Christmas there, if you do go for it.
Old Oct 20th 2012, 6:53 pm
B.E.Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Kaye5
Well I guess nothing is guaranteed, but if I wasn't reasonably confident I wouldn't have taken five of us to Canada - could you imagine if we had been refused entry due to a PR application?! We were expecting to be grilled, but no, nothing.

The length of time some of us have been waiting, I'd be pretty peed off if we couldn't go to Canada for that long - we're heading for 3 years in all...

Enjoy your Christmas there, if you do go for it.
Hi Kaye5, Thanks for your reply . We are thinking about alot of things at the moment. Many paths to take . The only issue we have is animals like Violets. They could stay at a cattery though until Feb/Mar if needed and price was reasonable. We are just looking at options until PR comes through. A Christmas holiday could be on the agenda
Old Oct 20th 2012, 8:00 pm
BE Enthusiast

Hi Vettemaster, very sad that you have had nothing yet but hang on in there. You know I would love to have been in Canada for Christmas, I was looking forward to it so much , if you get the chance I really hope you enjoy it also and to be honest it might just take the edge off waiting for everything to come through . We also looked at flights but the animal thing is pretty awkward so Im guessing I will have to phone and speak to someone because its okay to take pets from here to Toronto for example but still not possible on the aircrafts going to Winnipeg until later dates (I think they are just much smaller aircrafts and Im guessing the heating is not installed ).

My e mail took over a week to get a reply so Im pretty sure you will get one over the first few days of the next week

Kaye 5/Vettemaster, hopefully we will know something before christmas - would be lovely present . Im going to have a word with the man himself
Old Oct 20th 2012, 8:27 pm
Just Joined

Hi Violets!
Do you think that after having the sputum results (that took loooong 60 days) negative they can ask for another batch of TB tests or these will be enough?

I am reading everything I can about the subject and I am not sure if I am just torturing myself..... .... They are SO quiet after they got the results....

I am dreaming to be there during too...

Please share your thoughts!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.