Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > Immigration & Citizenship (Canada)
Reload this Page >

timescales for PNP/ Pr applications from outside Canada

timescales for PNP/ Pr applications from outside Canada

Old Sep 12th 2012, 10:12 pm
  #526  
B.E.Enthusiast
 
vettemaster's Avatar
 
Joined: Mar 2010
Location: North America
Posts: 730
vettemaster is just really nicevettemaster is just really nicevettemaster is just really nicevettemaster is just really nicevettemaster is just really nicevettemaster is just really nicevettemaster is just really nicevettemaster is just really nicevettemaster is just really nice
Default Re: timescales for PNP/ Pr applications from outside Canada

Originally Posted by Tony_Tiger
Too much is a understatement... I got so fed up, its one of the reasons Im moving to Canada..
How are you Tony? I agree with the above
OH brother live and works in London

We sent a case specific email to London early this morning to try and find out any info on our case. We will see what happens

I cant believe it has been almost 3 months since our medical requests. Thats 3 months less time we have to activate our PR visa's when and if we finally get them
vettemaster is offline  
Old Sep 12th 2012, 11:19 pm
  #527  
BE Enthusiast
 
Tony_Tiger's Avatar
 
Joined: Nov 2011
Location: Calgary, AB
Posts: 348
Tony_Tiger is a splendid one to beholdTony_Tiger is a splendid one to beholdTony_Tiger is a splendid one to beholdTony_Tiger is a splendid one to beholdTony_Tiger is a splendid one to beholdTony_Tiger is a splendid one to beholdTony_Tiger is a splendid one to beholdTony_Tiger is a splendid one to beholdTony_Tiger is a splendid one to beholdTony_Tiger is a splendid one to beholdTony_Tiger is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: timescales for PNP/ Pr applications from outside Canada

Originally Posted by vettemaster
How are you Tony? I agree with the above
OH brother live and works in London

We sent a case specific email to London early this morning to try and find out any info on our case. We will see what happens

I cant believe it has been almost 3 months since our medical requests. Thats 3 months less time we have to activate our PR visa's when and if we finally get them
Im good, packing like mad.
I went to a market yesterday and bought some secondhand suitcases for cheap.
Two weeks to go! Im so nervous I almost feel like throwing up..

I know the wait time is tough. Hopefully summer is over and things should pickup quick. I went to the CIIP thing in London the other week. It was very very helpful and met some other nice people moving too.
Tony_Tiger is offline  
Old Sep 13th 2012, 1:46 am
  #528  
B.E.Enthusiast
 
vettemaster's Avatar
 
Joined: Mar 2010
Location: North America
Posts: 730
vettemaster is just really nicevettemaster is just really nicevettemaster is just really nicevettemaster is just really nicevettemaster is just really nicevettemaster is just really nicevettemaster is just really nicevettemaster is just really nicevettemaster is just really nice
Default Re: timescales for PNP/ Pr applications from outside Canada

Originally Posted by Tony_Tiger
Im good, packing like mad.
I went to a market yesterday and bought some secondhand suitcases for cheap.
Two weeks to go! Im so nervous I almost feel like throwing up..

I know the wait time is tough. Hopefully summer is over and things should pickup quick. I went to the CIIP thing in London the other week. It was very very helpful and met some other nice people moving too.
Good to hear Tony, I wish myself and Violets could know what that feels like
vettemaster is offline  
Old Sep 14th 2012, 12:07 pm
  #529  
Forum Regular
 
Joined: Jun 2012
Location: Beaumont, Alberta
Posts: 30
FLMeehan is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: timescales for PNP/ Pr applications from outside Canada

Originally Posted by Tony_Tiger
Im good, packing like mad.
I went to a market yesterday and bought some secondhand suitcases for cheap.
Two weeks to go! Im so nervous I almost feel like throwing up..

I know the wait time is tough. Hopefully summer is over and things should pickup quick. I went to the CIIP thing in London the other week. It was very very helpful and met some other nice people moving too.
Good Luck with it all, hope the move goes well. I think I will feel the same when we eventually begin to pack. At least the way we have all done it, PR up front (apart from a few) when we all finally land we can really set down roots and not feel the worry of work permits etc.. running out and having to leave.
FLMeehan is offline  
Old Sep 15th 2012, 12:22 am
  #530  
BE Enthusiast
 
Tony_Tiger's Avatar
 
Joined: Nov 2011
Location: Calgary, AB
Posts: 348
Tony_Tiger is a splendid one to beholdTony_Tiger is a splendid one to beholdTony_Tiger is a splendid one to beholdTony_Tiger is a splendid one to beholdTony_Tiger is a splendid one to beholdTony_Tiger is a splendid one to beholdTony_Tiger is a splendid one to beholdTony_Tiger is a splendid one to beholdTony_Tiger is a splendid one to beholdTony_Tiger is a splendid one to beholdTony_Tiger is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: timescales for PNP/ Pr applications from outside Canada

Originally Posted by FLMeehan
Good Luck with it all, hope the move goes well. I think I will feel the same when we eventually begin to pack. At least the way we have all done it, PR up front (apart from a few) when we all finally land we can really set down roots and not feel the worry of work permits etc.. running out and having to leave.
Thanks. Will let you know how it all goes. Give us a shout when your over.

If im honest, it feels weird..
Tony_Tiger is offline  
Old Sep 15th 2012, 5:07 am
  #531  
BE Enthusiast
Thread Starter
 
Joined: Aug 2011
Posts: 591
Violets are blue has a brilliant futureViolets are blue has a brilliant futureViolets are blue has a brilliant futureViolets are blue has a brilliant futureViolets are blue has a brilliant futureViolets are blue has a brilliant futureViolets are blue has a brilliant future
Default Re: timescales for PNP/ Pr applications from outside Canada

Originally Posted by vettemaster
Good to hear Tony, I wish myself and Violets could know what that feels like
I really wish we could too

On the positive side, the Dr didnt lose my results . The x-ray was sent on the 6th Sept to london and the sputum tests are back and DMP will check over results and send them Monday (as she is on holiday until then). Practice manager phoned and left me a message....great to know they are not lost and that remaining calm and not losing the plot was the best option . Back to the drawing board and waiting

Tony_tiger, glad to hear youre nearly there....literally , it must be really exciting even if it is nerve wrecking
Violets are blue is offline  
Old Sep 15th 2012, 6:04 am
  #532  
BE Forum Addict
 
Joined: Jun 2009
Location: Hubley, Nova Scotia (from Scotland via Yorkshire and London)
Posts: 1,190
Kaye5 is a glorious beacon of lightKaye5 is a glorious beacon of lightKaye5 is a glorious beacon of lightKaye5 is a glorious beacon of lightKaye5 is a glorious beacon of lightKaye5 is a glorious beacon of lightKaye5 is a glorious beacon of lightKaye5 is a glorious beacon of lightKaye5 is a glorious beacon of lightKaye5 is a glorious beacon of lightKaye5 is a glorious beacon of light
Default Re: timescales for PNP/ Pr applications from outside Canada

Originally Posted by Violets are blue

On the positive side, the Dr didnt lose my results . The x-ray was sent on the 6th Sept to london and the sputum tests are back and DMP will check over results and send them Monday (as she is on holiday until then). Practice manager phoned and left me a message....great to know they are not lost and that remaining calm and not losing the plot was the best option . Back to the drawing board and waiting
Violets - good to hear that you're nearly through the next stage. Hope all goes well for you from now on.

We checked with out bank today - our draft for RPRF has been cashed, so don't think that means anything time-wise, as we're obviously not moving any further on until the end of October, when the sputum tests are at 8 weeks.
Kaye5 is offline  
Old Sep 15th 2012, 10:53 am
  #533  
BE Enthusiast
Thread Starter
 
Joined: Aug 2011
Posts: 591
Violets are blue has a brilliant futureViolets are blue has a brilliant futureViolets are blue has a brilliant futureViolets are blue has a brilliant futureViolets are blue has a brilliant futureViolets are blue has a brilliant futureViolets are blue has a brilliant future
Default Re: timescales for PNP/ Pr applications from outside Canada

Originally Posted by Kaye5
Violets - good to hear that you're nearly through the next stage. Hope all goes well for you from now on.

We checked with out bank today - our draft for RPRF has been cashed, so don't think that means anything time-wise, as we're obviously not moving any further on until the end of October, when the sputum tests are at 8 weeks.
Thanks Kaye5, I hope this time the medical is fine, just have to wait and see.

My bank draft was done ages ago now, I cant remember when, would have to check. On the positive side my sputum results took seven weeks so fingers crossed for yours being a little shorter than 8 weeks too . Its a long wait and I found it easier to forget about it however it kept sneaking in to my head again over the past two weeks .
Violets are blue is offline  
Old Sep 21st 2012, 12:29 am
  #534  
BE Enthusiast
Thread Starter
 
Joined: Aug 2011
Posts: 591
Violets are blue has a brilliant futureViolets are blue has a brilliant futureViolets are blue has a brilliant futureViolets are blue has a brilliant futureViolets are blue has a brilliant futureViolets are blue has a brilliant futureViolets are blue has a brilliant future
Default Re: timescales for PNP/ Pr applications from outside Canada

Originally Posted by vettemaster
How are you Tony? I agree with the above
OH brother live and works in London

We sent a case specific email to London early this morning to try and find out any info on our case. We will see what happens

I cant believe it has been almost 3 months since our medical requests. Thats 3 months less time we have to activate our PR visa's when and if we finally get them
All very quiet here, I have no news at all Any news Vettemaster? Hope all okay (and this was on page 3 again )
Violets are blue is offline  
Old Sep 21st 2012, 7:08 am
  #535  
B.E.Enthusiast
 
vettemaster's Avatar
 
Joined: Mar 2010
Location: North America
Posts: 730
vettemaster is just really nicevettemaster is just really nicevettemaster is just really nicevettemaster is just really nicevettemaster is just really nicevettemaster is just really nicevettemaster is just really nicevettemaster is just really nicevettemaster is just really nice
Default Re: timescales for PNP/ Pr applications from outside Canada

Originally Posted by Violets are blue
All very quiet here, I have no news at all Any news Vettemaster? Hope all okay (and this was on page 3 again )
London have told us that they are still reviewing our medicals and thats the only information they will give us. Its just over 7 months since Sydney received our application, so I am sure our Police checks are expired now and we will be asked for replacements. Even more delays

We may see if we can jobs sorted and get TWP and move early before we get PR if the delay is too long. We would like to be over before Christmas or in the early spring.


Cheers,
Andy

Last edited by vettemaster; Sep 21st 2012 at 7:17 am.
vettemaster is offline  
Old Sep 21st 2012, 8:22 pm
  #536  
BE Enthusiast
Thread Starter
 
Joined: Aug 2011
Posts: 591
Violets are blue has a brilliant futureViolets are blue has a brilliant futureViolets are blue has a brilliant futureViolets are blue has a brilliant futureViolets are blue has a brilliant futureViolets are blue has a brilliant futureViolets are blue has a brilliant future
Default Re: timescales for PNP/ Pr applications from outside Canada

Originally Posted by vettemaster
London have told us that they are still reviewing our medicals and thats the only information they will give us. Its just over 7 months since Sydney received our application, so I am sure our Police checks are expired now and we will be asked for replacements. Even more delays

We may see if we can jobs sorted and get TWP and move early before we get PR if the delay is too long. We would like to be over before Christmas or in the early spring.


Cheers,
Andy
Hi Vettemaster, good to hear you are okay and have not fallen into one of those black-holes . It is frustrating that things take so long. It may be that the medial people are taking/seeking advice on something - I read in a different thread that this may be happening. I really hope its sorted for you soon.

I hear what you are saying about going and the good thing is that the work permit is doable bacause its under PNP so its a good option, was thinking of the same over that past couple of weeks. Might be worth looking into, you never know until you try .

Not sure what will happen regarding the police checks hopefully those parts are sorted, I may need them again also in that case also, ohh gosh! . Fingers crossed again for you
Violets are blue is offline  
Old Sep 28th 2012, 9:53 am
  #537  
B.E.Enthusiast
 
vettemaster's Avatar
 
Joined: Mar 2010
Location: North America
Posts: 730
vettemaster is just really nicevettemaster is just really nicevettemaster is just really nicevettemaster is just really nicevettemaster is just really nicevettemaster is just really nicevettemaster is just really nicevettemaster is just really nicevettemaster is just really nice
Default Re: timescales for PNP/ Pr applications from outside Canada

Originally Posted by Violets are blue
Hi Vettemaster, good to hear you are okay and have not fallen into one of those black-holes . It is frustrating that things take so long. It may be that the medial people are taking/seeking advice on something - I read in a different thread that this may be happening. I really hope its sorted for you soon.

I hear what you are saying about going and the good thing is that the work permit is doable bacause its under PNP so its a good option, was thinking of the same over that past couple of weeks. Might be worth looking into, you never know until you try .

Not sure what will happen regarding the police checks hopefully those parts are sorted, I may need them again also in that case also, ohh gosh! . Fingers crossed again for you
Violets, to be honest, I think I have fallen in to a black hole! A black hole that receives no mail from CIC London Please tell us you have some news??
vettemaster is offline  
Old Sep 28th 2012, 10:12 am
  #538  
BE Enthusiast
Thread Starter
 
Joined: Aug 2011
Posts: 591
Violets are blue has a brilliant futureViolets are blue has a brilliant futureViolets are blue has a brilliant futureViolets are blue has a brilliant futureViolets are blue has a brilliant futureViolets are blue has a brilliant futureViolets are blue has a brilliant future
Default Re: timescales for PNP/ Pr applications from outside Canada

Originally Posted by vettemaster
Violets, to be honest, I think I have fallen in to a black hole! A black hole that receives no mail from CIC London Please tell us you have some news??
Not a single sausage Vettemaster , in the black hole also, bit dark down here dont you think .

I have sent an e mail yesterday, not expecting anything back but just thought I would give it a go . Just trying to remain calm and hopeful .
Violets are blue is offline  
Old Sep 28th 2012, 10:20 am
  #539  
Just Joined
 
Joined: Jul 2012
Posts: 10
Canadiandouble is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: timescales for PNP/ Pr applications from outside Canada

Hi Guys,
I am not British but as I love British people and as I follow this threat because medical furtherance.... I would like to give the good news to you that the Sputum tests of my husband came negative for the 3 samples after LONG 60 days!! We went to the DMP and he sent everything (with update CXR as requested) . Now the long wait for the Visa continues..... I wish everyone a speed proccess! I am very happy and following FedEx website every 5 minutes! LOL ! Best of luck to all of you!!!
Canadiandouble is offline  
Old Sep 28th 2012, 10:21 am
  #540  
B.E.Enthusiast
 
vettemaster's Avatar
 
Joined: Mar 2010
Location: North America
Posts: 730
vettemaster is just really nicevettemaster is just really nicevettemaster is just really nicevettemaster is just really nicevettemaster is just really nicevettemaster is just really nicevettemaster is just really nicevettemaster is just really nicevettemaster is just really nice
Default Re: timescales for PNP/ Pr applications from outside Canada

Originally Posted by Violets are blue
Not a single sausage Vettemaster , in the black hole also, bit dark down here dont you think .

I have sent an e mail yesterday, not expecting anything back but just thought I would give it a go . Just trying to remain calm and hopeful .
Best of luck Violets You should get a reply from EFL within a week like we did. They do not like to give much away though regarding your application. It seems like its rude to ask questions
vettemaster is offline  

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.