Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > Immigration & Citizenship (Canada)
Reload this Page >

timescales for PNP/ Pr applications from outside Canada

timescales for PNP/ Pr applications from outside Canada

Old Aug 22nd 2012, 11:42 am
Just Joined

mouradb is on a distinguished road
Default Re: timescales for PNP/ Pr applications from outside Canada

Originally Posted by DandNHill
Yes that's right. But the very good news is that we have received our passport request this morning! So we're nearly at the finish line.
that is a wicked news to start the day, might I ask you if you have done your Medicals here in UK or in Canada as your location is set to Yarmouth NS.
have a lovely day and Smile till you get them back,
Old Aug 22nd 2012, 11:45 am
BE Forum Addict

Location: Hubley, Nova Scotia (from Scotland via Yorkshire and London)
Kaye5 is a glorious beacon of lightKaye5 is a glorious beacon of lightKaye5 is a glorious beacon of lightKaye5 is a glorious beacon of lightKaye5 is a glorious beacon of lightKaye5 is a glorious beacon of lightKaye5 is a glorious beacon of lightKaye5 is a glorious beacon of lightKaye5 is a glorious beacon of lightKaye5 is a glorious beacon of lightKaye5 is a glorious beacon of light

Yes that's right. But the very good news is that we have received our passport request this morning! So we're nearly at the finish line.
Hey, hate to say it but "told ya so"!

Mega-congratulations! Hope you can sort it with the university to get the September start.
Old Aug 22nd 2012, 11:58 am
BE Forum Addict

DandNHill has a reputation beyond reputeDandNHill has a reputation beyond reputeDandNHill has a reputation beyond reputeDandNHill has a reputation beyond reputeDandNHill has a reputation beyond reputeDandNHill has a reputation beyond reputeDandNHill has a reputation beyond reputeDandNHill has a reputation beyond reputeDandNHill has a reputation beyond reputeDandNHill has a reputation beyond reputeDandNHill has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Kaye5
Hey, hate to say it but "told ya so"!

Mega-congratulations! Hope you can sort it with the university to get the September start.
Yes you did. It is such a wonderful feeling to know that we would now only need to leave Canada if we want to rather than at the end of our work permit.
I'm thinking of going to the Uni tomorrow to talk to them and make sure they are happy with him starting without physically having PR as I understand it takes about 3 weeks to get the COPR sent through and then we have to flagpole!

Thanks so much for your good wishes, I'm still routing for all of you too
Old Aug 22nd 2012, 12:26 pm
BE Enthusiast

Violets are blue has a brilliant futureViolets are blue has a brilliant futureViolets are blue has a brilliant futureViolets are blue has a brilliant futureViolets are blue has a brilliant futureViolets are blue has a brilliant futureViolets are blue has a brilliant future

Congratulations Dandnhill, brilliant news , bet you are over the moon
Old Aug 22nd 2012, 3:22 pm
BE Forum Addict

Kaye5 is a glorious beacon of lightKaye5 is a glorious beacon of lightKaye5 is a glorious beacon of lightKaye5 is a glorious beacon of lightKaye5 is a glorious beacon of lightKaye5 is a glorious beacon of lightKaye5 is a glorious beacon of lightKaye5 is a glorious beacon of lightKaye5 is a glorious beacon of lightKaye5 is a glorious beacon of lightKaye5 is a glorious beacon of light

Violets - 3 day sputum testing finished today. Thanks for all your tips and support! X-ray booked for 11 Oct. One more step completed.

When's your x-ray?
Old Aug 22nd 2012, 3:53 pm
B.E.Enthusiast

vettemaster is just really nicevettemaster is just really nicevettemaster is just really nicevettemaster is just really nicevettemaster is just really nicevettemaster is just really nicevettemaster is just really nicevettemaster is just really nicevettemaster is just really nice

Congratulations. I bet you feel good right now
Old Aug 22nd 2012, 4:32 pm
B.E.Enthusiast

vettemaster is just really nicevettemaster is just really nicevettemaster is just really nicevettemaster is just really nicevettemaster is just really nicevettemaster is just really nicevettemaster is just really nicevettemaster is just really nicevettemaster is just really nice

I think she just means it's a standard reply. We had one too, to an enquiry - exactly the same. The wording appears to be just copied and pasted into replies.

They have a series of "stock" responses, depending on the query.
Strange, as we got another email today (2 emails in 48 hours ), which made us excited as first as we thought it was our passport requests and it was not I have only copied and pasted some of the email

This is to confirm that we have received your documents.

Your medical results are currently being reviewed by our doctor.

We will contact you once we are in a position to proceed with your
application.

Sincerely,

EFL
Immigration Section/Service d'immigration
High Commission of Canada/Haut-commissariat du Canada
1 Grosvenor Square

Hopefully we should have passport request very soon

Last edited by vettemaster; Aug 22nd 2012 at 4:34 pm.
Old Aug 22nd 2012, 4:37 pm
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by vettemaster
Strange, as we got another email today (2 emails in 48 hours ), which made us excited as first as we thought it was our passport requests and it was not I have only copied and pasted some of the email

This is to confirm that we have received your documents.

Your medical results are currently being reviewed by our doctor.

We will contact you once we are in a position to proceed with your
application.

Sincerely,

EFL
Immigration Section/Service d'immigration
High Commission of Canada/Haut-commissariat du Canada
1 Grosvenor Square

Hopefully we should have passport request very soon
They're just teasing you now....

EFL? Is that a real human or an acronym for...???

Don't worry, the summer slow down is nearly over and hopefully those PPR will be coming in real soon.
Old Aug 22nd 2012, 4:43 pm
B.E.Enthusiast

They're just teasing you now....

EFL? Is that a real human or an acronym for...???

Don't worry, the summer slow down is nearly over and hopefully those PPR will be coming in real soon.

Thanks for the support Thats is weird as one was from CSU (client service) (yesterday) and one was from EFL (immigration) (today). I can only think that they are different departments of Immigration.

I think at least we know they are dealing with it?

P.S. we have a Jeroboam of Champagne at home dying to be opened, but it will only be opened once the Copr has come. That is the only reason we have not opened it yet
Old Aug 22nd 2012, 4:59 pm
BE Enthusiast

Violets are blue has a brilliant futureViolets are blue has a brilliant futureViolets are blue has a brilliant futureViolets are blue has a brilliant futureViolets are blue has a brilliant futureViolets are blue has a brilliant futureViolets are blue has a brilliant future

Thanks for the support Thats is weird as one was from CSU (client service) (yesterday) and one was from EFL (immigration) (today). I can only think that they are different departments of Immigration.

P.S. we have a Jeroboam of Champagne at home dying to be opened, but it will only be opened once the Copr has come. That is the only reason we have not opened it yet
Good news, I hope, it must be a record - two e mails in so many days . It might be that they looked to see if all was there and it was and then forwarded the information to medical services and they replied also. Perhaps you were just very polite in your e mail request that they felt compelled to answer . Hopefully its good news .

As for the champagne....hold on to it because it will be well and truly deserved when the copr arrives
Old Aug 22nd 2012, 5:42 pm
BE Forum Addict

I think CSU might be the robots and EFL the real humans.

I had to look up what Jeroboam meant. Can we have a Nebuchadnezzar if/when we finally get ours?
Old Aug 22nd 2012, 5:52 pm
B.E.Enthusiast

I think CSU might be the robots and EFL the real humans.

I had to look up what Jeroboam meant. Can we have a Nebuchadnezzar if/when we finally get ours?
You googled it? I'l think about it
Old Aug 22nd 2012, 6:35 pm
BE Forum Addict

You googled it? I'l think about it

Ah, what did we do before Google!!
Old Aug 22nd 2012, 6:44 pm
B.E.Enthusiast

Ah, what did we do before Google!!
Not sure if I want to know that?
Old Aug 22nd 2012, 9:02 pm
BE Forum Addict

Not sure if I want to know that?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.