British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   Immigration & Citizenship (Canada) (https://britishexpats.com/forum/immigration-citizenship-canada-33/)
-   -   timescales for PNP/ Pr applications from outside Canada (https://britishexpats.com/forum/immigration-citizenship-canada-33/timescales-pnp-pr-applications-outside-canada-751891/)

Bertie41 Apr 3rd 2012 5:11 pm

Re: timescales for PNP/ Pr applications from outside Canada

We got our Nomination early Nov 11, the docs were sent to to London mid Nov 11 and we recieved our medical call up last Tuesday (end of March 12).

We have heard of a few people getting a medical call up 5 months after submitting their docs to London, and luckly we were another or them.

Now we just have to hope the medicals all went ok :-)

There are 2 time lines that the embassy and CiC are saying, one is 18 months and the other is 6 months. Apparently the 18 months is from the very start to finish where as the 6 months is just for the paperwork, so once you have the paperwork sent off I would say your looking at around 6 months if all goes according to plan with no hicups or set backs.

Good luck everyone :-)

manitobain Apr 4th 2012 1:22 am

CIC will only do police check and medical check (and have the final say)...other things like education/experience is done by the Provinces and won't be reviewed ...at least until now, who knows what comes next. :)

vettemaster Apr 19th 2012 4:51 pm

Originally Posted by Violets are blue (Post 9967583)
Hi, got e mail today from CIC and application considered complete and to be forwarded to London for further processing. YEAH!!!! :D. Very quick. So, from when it arrived in Nova Scotia only about 20 days in total. Now the wait for next part :D Happy Days :thumbsup:

Violets, have you had any update to your application yet? Our status still has not changed on Ecas, although from what I have read this is expected and its not reliable.:zzz:

Violets are blue Apr 19th 2012 9:16 pm

Originally Posted by vettemaster (Post 10014969)
Violets, have you had any update to your application yet? Our status still has not changed on Ecas, although from what I have read this is expected and its not reliable.:zzz:

Hi Vettemaster,

My application is showing as Application Received. I could not log into it initially and left it for a while following getting my number by e mail. Over the past about two weeks, since I began checking again, its just showing the same. Im not sure what its meant to change to after this to be honest because 'application received' is listed under 'in process' when you check the explanation on what it means. So, really Im just sort of ignoring it and hoping for the best :)

What I am really expecting to happen is that you will receive/hear about the next step, post it on here and then I will expect to see/hear something myself about two weeks later :D:D:nod: Thats the extent of my logic (its worked so far :D). Hopefully something will happen soon :fingerscrossed:

New_Start Apr 25th 2012 4:22 am

Hi, @Violets are blue and @Vettemaster, according to members of other forum, I believe you two will receive your aor and medical requirement from the visa office very soon, I would guess this or next week. :thumbsup:

Brian C Apr 25th 2012 12:02 pm

Hi all,
As from CIC website the processing time for London about 18 months, and that's is very long time waiting :zzz:
Can anyone find way to get the temporary work permit so that we can come there and start working
Brian

Brian C Apr 25th 2012 1:32 pm

I have questions that during the waiting time of PR, can I apply for study?
if ok then in case I apply under MPNP, can I study in other provinces or only study in Manitoba?
Thanks, Brian

manitobain Apr 25th 2012 5:15 pm

once you are nominated by MB, and you find an employer, you can get a WP without needing an LMO, so relatively easy.

You should stay in MB, especially if you are still in the process...everything else might be triggering trouble.

vettemaster Apr 27th 2012 4:05 pm

Originally Posted by Violets are blue (Post 10015518)
Hi Vettemaster,

My application is showing as Application Received. I could not log into it initially and left it for a while following getting my number by e mail. Over the past about two weeks, since I began checking again, its just showing the same. Im not sure what its meant to change to after this to be honest because 'application received' is listed under 'in process' when you check the explanation on what it means. So, really Im just sort of ignoring it and hoping for the best :)

What I am really expecting to happen is that you will receive/hear about the next step, post it on here and then I will expect to see/hear something myself about two weeks later :D:D:nod: Thats the extent of my logic (its worked so far :D). Hopefully something will happen soon :fingerscrossed:

Hi Violet, we have now had an update on the Ecas and have had a 60 day email for additional documents :starsmile:

Tony_Tiger Apr 28th 2012 12:48 am

Originally Posted by Violets are blue (Post 10015518)
Hi Vettemaster,

Hey Violet.
Im showing the same thing (Application received).
The waiting time shows 18 months. But on the Canadian embassy website in London its showing six months (Im a provincial nominee).

http://www.canadainternational.gc.ca...nt.aspx?view=d

Violets are blue Apr 28th 2012 11:28 am

Vettemaster, congratulations :thumbsup:, Im sure thats good news even though you probably don't want any delays :fingerscrossed:. Have you got whatever it is they want and getting it to them quickly or is it likely to take a while? Hopefully you can get what they want off to them this week :thumbup:

I have now just checked on my own application and it has now changed to 'In Process' and when I clicked into it, it is saying 'we started processing your application on April 25th 2012'. :eek: Does yours also say something similar even though you have a request for more documentation?

Tony_Tiger, good luck with your application and hopefully yours should move soon also. My application received was showing as March 2nd, so it looks like it might be approximately an 8 week thing to this point (at least for mine anyway).

Im still ignoring the overall waiting times indicated because...I cant think of a logical reason other than 'denial' and 'avoidance' which just work well for me :D :nod:

Kaye5 Apr 28th 2012 4:10 pm

Just posting to stick our timeline in this thread.... We have two applications running - hoping the PNP is going to come through faster than 18 months!

Our credit card was charged on Thursday. We are still awaiting an email... I have heard of someone recently getting meds around 3 months after the "app complete and sent to London" email.

vettemaster Apr 29th 2012 4:15 pm

Originally Posted by Violets are blue (Post 10029979)
Vettemaster, congratulations :thumbsup:, Im sure thats good news even though you probably don't want any delays :fingerscrossed:. Have you got whatever it is they want and getting it to them quickly or is it likely to take a while? Hopefully you can get what they want off to them this week :thumbup:

Hey Violets, yes I do have what they need (I think lol) I just need to get the copies certified. They were put in with the application originally, but they could have been lost at Sydney?

Originally Posted by Violets are blue (Post 10029979)

I have now just checked on my own application and it has now changed to 'In Process' and when I clicked into it, it is saying 'we started processing your application on April 25th 2012'. :eek: Does yours also say something similar even though you have a request for more documentation?

Tony_Tiger, good luck with your application and hopefully yours should move soon also. My application received was showing as March 2nd, so it looks like it might be approximately an 8 week thing to this point (at least for mine anyway).

Im still ignoring the overall waiting times indicated because...I cant think of a logical reason other than 'denial' and 'avoidance' which just work well for me :D :nod:

Good luck as you are in process too! Maybe your ok and you will receive med requests before us?

vettemaster Apr 29th 2012 4:37 pm

Originally Posted by Tony_Tiger (Post 10029488)
Hey Violet.
Im showing the same thing (Application received).
The waiting time shows 18 months. But on the Canadian embassy website in London its showing six months (Im a provincial nominee).

http://www.canadainternational.gc.ca...nt.aspx?view=d

18 months is from start (exploratory visit,etc, nomination, pnp) to finish. Basically the whole process.

Violets are blue Apr 29th 2012 4:53 pm

Vettemaster, glad to hear you have what you need to send, hopefully all will go well from here for you :thumbsup:. Sydney losing documents!!!!!!! As I live and breath, as if, how could you even suggest such a thing :D:D.;

Thanks for the good luck wishes, however, youre quite welcome to the medical first, hate anything to do with doctors, scary people :eek::nod: Also, I cant really imagine that it will be that smooth, they may want something!! Its nice to see its moving though :starsmile: