Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > Immigration & Citizenship (Canada)
Reload this Page >

timescales for PNP/ Pr applications from outside Canada

timescales for PNP/ Pr applications from outside Canada

Old Sep 8th 2013, 12:23 am
BE Forum Addict

Location: Hubley, Nova Scotia (from Scotland via Yorkshire and London)
Kaye5 is a glorious beacon of lightKaye5 is a glorious beacon of lightKaye5 is a glorious beacon of lightKaye5 is a glorious beacon of lightKaye5 is a glorious beacon of lightKaye5 is a glorious beacon of lightKaye5 is a glorious beacon of lightKaye5 is a glorious beacon of lightKaye5 is a glorious beacon of lightKaye5 is a glorious beacon of lightKaye5 is a glorious beacon of light
Default Re: timescales for PNP/ Pr applications from outside Canada

Originally Posted by chiefmissile
Nope no house sale, we are renting it out. We have a lumps sum to use as a line of credit until we are on our feet, plus I have my military pension so we are ok.

OH has been offered 3 permanent teaching positions, so that's why we are not wasting any time in getting to the border.

Funny thing was we were able to get the kids into school without PR?

Anyway off to prep my goods to follow etc etc. Should be PR by this time tmrw.

Have a great weekend

Drew & family
Ah, I see. My OH can't teach until his registration is done (and for that he needs umpteen documents from the UK, forms to fill in, extra subjects to do, etc etc). Must be different in Manitoba.

Kids can go to school without PR - just they can charge you fees if you are on visitor visa. But no matter, as now you are PR (or should be by now)!!

Old Sep 8th 2013, 12:46 am
Andrew

chiefmissile is a name known to allchiefmissile is a name known to allchiefmissile is a name known to allchiefmissile is a name known to allchiefmissile is a name known to allchiefmissile is a name known to allchiefmissile is a name known to allchiefmissile is a name known to allchiefmissile is a name known to allchiefmissile is a name known to allchiefmissile is a name known to all

Originally Posted by Kaye5
Ah, I see. My OH can't teach until his registration is done (and for that he needs umpteen documents from the UK, forms to fill in, extra subjects to do, etc etc). Must be different in Manitoba.

Kids can go to school without PR - just they can charge you fees if you are on visitor visa. But no matter, as now you are PR (or should be by now)!!

Hi,

No school fees to pay as a visitor.OH was qualified last year to teach, first they said no, then they gave her a provisional on the condition she got more quals, then we appealed and eventually they gave in and gave her a permanent eligibility certificate.

Yes, we became PR today, all very straight forward, back in Brandon now, sipping MuM,s champagne with smoke salmon sandwiches. Will get SIN on Monday.
Old Sep 8th 2013, 4:54 pm
BE Forum Addict

Kaye5 is a glorious beacon of lightKaye5 is a glorious beacon of lightKaye5 is a glorious beacon of lightKaye5 is a glorious beacon of lightKaye5 is a glorious beacon of lightKaye5 is a glorious beacon of lightKaye5 is a glorious beacon of lightKaye5 is a glorious beacon of lightKaye5 is a glorious beacon of lightKaye5 is a glorious beacon of lightKaye5 is a glorious beacon of light

Hi,

No school fees to pay as a visitor.OH was qualified last year to teach, first they said no, then they gave her a provisional on the condition she got more quals, then we appealed and eventually they gave in and gave her a permanent eligibility certificate.

Yes, we became PR today, all very straight forward, back in Brandon now, sipping MuM,s champagne with smoke salmon sandwiches. Will get SIN on Monday.
Can't even start the teacher registration process here in NS until have PR.

Do they need teachers badly in Manitoba? Or is it for specific subjects? My OH teaches art and they don't seem to be in demand anywhere. Now if he could teach maths or physics.....

SIN is easy part - or it was for us. One of the more pleasant and straightforward of experiences.
Old Sep 8th 2013, 10:52 pm
Andrew

chiefmissile is a name known to allchiefmissile is a name known to allchiefmissile is a name known to allchiefmissile is a name known to allchiefmissile is a name known to allchiefmissile is a name known to allchiefmissile is a name known to allchiefmissile is a name known to allchiefmissile is a name known to allchiefmissile is a name known to allchiefmissile is a name known to all

Originally Posted by Kaye5
Can't even start the teacher registration process here in NS until have PR.

Do they need teachers badly in Manitoba? Or is it for specific subjects? My OH teaches art and they don't seem to be in demand anywhere. Now if he could teach maths or physics.....

SIN is easy part - or it was for us. One of the more pleasant and straightforward of experiences.
Lots of teacher jobs here in Manitoba, not sure about art though.

Thought all of you had PR status now

Regards

Andrew
Old Sep 8th 2013, 11:26 pm
BE Forum Addict

Lots of teacher jobs here in Manitoba, not sure about art though.

Thought all of you had PR status now

Regards

Andrew
"Couldn't" start... soz. Yes, we are all landed PR - but were not allowed to start until after landing, so he's requested what he needs from UK colleges/uni/and the Scottish and English teaching councils or whatever they're called these days, but not got what he needs from the UK yet. Then form filling, doing extra studying, going on supply list.....

I think even provisional registration is a long way off.
Old Sep 11th 2013, 11:35 pm
Forum Regular

Vwera is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi all, good news! We got our NSNP nomination today! Yay!!!
Old Sep 11th 2013, 11:38 pm
Andrew

Originally Posted by Vwera
Big congrats, that's the first hurdle out of the way, get that federal application in quick.

Regards

Andrew
Old Sep 11th 2013, 11:55 pm
Forum Regular

Big congrats, that's the first hurdle out of the way, get that federal application in quick.

Regards

Andrew
Thanks Chiefmissile!!! I am right now working on sending for police reports. That should be sorted in about a week!
Cheers
Old Sep 12th 2013, 1:55 am
Citizen Of The World

benlast has much to be proud ofbenlast has much to be proud ofbenlast has much to be proud ofbenlast has much to be proud ofbenlast has much to be proud ofbenlast has much to be proud ofbenlast has much to be proud ofbenlast has much to be proud ofbenlast has much to be proud ofbenlast has much to be proud ofbenlast has much to be proud of

Hi all

Just to drag the thread back (maybe temporarily) to PNP times...

I posted my BC PNP application to Vancouver on the 16th of August, and Australia Post confirm it was delivered on the 19th. Since then I've had no acknowledgement. I emailed them on the 4th of September to try and check if they had received it, but the reply just said:

Once your application is received and input into the system, you will be sent an acknowledgement email. The email will include the file number that your file has been assigned, which you should be quoting for any future communication with our office.

Please be patient for the next few weeks until you receive the acknowledgement email.
Can anyone confirm that this delay before getting a file number is usual?

Cheers
b
Old Sep 12th 2013, 4:29 am
Andrew

Originally Posted by benlast
Hi all

I posted my BC PNP application to Vancouver on the 16th of August, and Australia Post confirm it was delivered on the 19th. Since then I've had no acknowledgement. I emailed them on the 4th of September to try and check if they had received it, but the reply just said:

Cheers
b
All I can say is get used to waiting, it took 7 weeks after delivery before we got an acknowledgement of receipt, if you paid fees by credit card check ur statement for payment, then you will know everything is ok.

Regards

Andrew
Old Sep 12th 2013, 7:53 am
BE Enthusiast

Dammy is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Vwera
Congratulations Vwera. All the best on the Federal side of the PR application processing.

Cheers
Old Sep 12th 2013, 8:02 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Dammy
Congratulations Vwera. All the best on the Federal side of the PR application processing.

Cheers
Thanks Dammy for all your prayers and support!
Old Sep 12th 2013, 3:50 pm
BE Forum Addict

DandNHill has a reputation beyond reputeDandNHill has a reputation beyond reputeDandNHill has a reputation beyond reputeDandNHill has a reputation beyond reputeDandNHill has a reputation beyond reputeDandNHill has a reputation beyond reputeDandNHill has a reputation beyond reputeDandNHill has a reputation beyond reputeDandNHill has a reputation beyond reputeDandNHill has a reputation beyond reputeDandNHill has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by benlast
Hi all

Cheers
b
Two friends are applying for PNP at the moment. In both cases it was about a month before they got a file number... Now based on the website it is taking 12 weeks from receipt of the app to nomination...We will have to see!!!
Old Sep 20th 2013, 11:10 pm
Citizen Of The World

benlast has much to be proud ofbenlast has much to be proud ofbenlast has much to be proud ofbenlast has much to be proud ofbenlast has much to be proud ofbenlast has much to be proud ofbenlast has much to be proud ofbenlast has much to be proud ofbenlast has much to be proud ofbenlast has much to be proud ofbenlast has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by DandNHill
Two friends are applying for PNP at the moment. In both cases it was about a month before they got a file number... Now based on the website it is taking 12 weeks from receipt of the app to nomination...We will have to see!!!
Thanks - I can now wait in a more relaxed way because I have a positive LMO and can therefore get a TWP and start work! I knew it was a good idea to do PNP and LMO at the same time

Cheers
b
Old Sep 21st 2013, 5:12 am
Just Joined

hope222 is an unknown quantity at this point

Dear forum members,
I'm new to this forum and would like to share thoughts with you about my application; I'm a FSWP,MI-3 applicant, applied to CHC London on March 2013, processing has started on my application on March 2013, then received updated documents request via e-mail (updated schedule A for me and my spouse) after few days, my IO has requested 4 months to review my submitted documents. 6 months have already passed and no news yet.
I would like to hear from you guys and share your valuable experiences and thoughts.
Thank you!

Last edited by hope222; Sep 21st 2013 at 5:23 am.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.