Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > Immigration & Citizenship (Canada)
Reload this Page >

timescales for PNP/ Pr applications from outside Canada

timescales for PNP/ Pr applications from outside Canada

Old Sep 6th 2013, 4:19 pm
Andrew

chiefmissile is a name known to allchiefmissile is a name known to allchiefmissile is a name known to allchiefmissile is a name known to allchiefmissile is a name known to allchiefmissile is a name known to allchiefmissile is a name known to allchiefmissile is a name known to allchiefmissile is a name known to allchiefmissile is a name known to allchiefmissile is a name known to all
Default Re: timescales for PNP/ Pr applications from outside Canada

Originally Posted by Siouxie
Congrats!!

Thanks, very happy. Now we can move on and hopefully get jobs

regards

Andrew
Old Sep 6th 2013, 4:23 pm
Andrew

chiefmissile is a name known to allchiefmissile is a name known to allchiefmissile is a name known to allchiefmissile is a name known to allchiefmissile is a name known to allchiefmissile is a name known to allchiefmissile is a name known to allchiefmissile is a name known to allchiefmissile is a name known to allchiefmissile is a name known to allchiefmissile is a name known to all

Originally Posted by Former Lancastrian
The admin refusal shouldn't cause entry problems at a later date as many have done it. Nearest place to shop is Grand Forks an hour south of the border and there is very little else in between. Have you considered flagpoling at Boissevain south of Brandon? Only problem I see at that port is finding a CBSA officer who knows how to do a landing Yes you still need to pay the $6 entry.
I have a friend who's brother is CBSA officer at Boissevain, will call him today after 13:00 to find out. I was under the impression that they didn't do it there?

So even on an admin refusal, you still need to pay $6 each?

Regards

Andrew
Old Sep 6th 2013, 4:27 pm
Andrew

Originally Posted by Former Lancastrian
Have you considered flagpoling at Boissevain south of Brandon? Only problem I see at that port is finding a CBSA officer who knows how to do a landing
Just looked at the CBSA website, Boissevain does not offer immigration services Oh well Emerson here we come)

Andrew
Old Sep 6th 2013, 4:30 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Former Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by chiefmissile
I have a friend who's brother is CBSA officer at Boissevain, will call him today after 13:00 to find out. I was under the impression that they didn't do it there?

So even on an admin refusal, you still need to pay $6 each?

Regards

Andrew
No only if entering the US. They can do it however very few officers working at that port are Immigration trained so they send their clients to Emerson or North Portal.
Old Sep 6th 2013, 4:41 pm
Forum Regular

Jaysuper is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi all,

Just a quick post to let you all know that we received our COPR yesterday here in Canada. it was posted from the London VO, international signed for, so very happy. Off to Emerson border crossing tomorrow to activate our PR

Thanks to everyone for all the help and advice over the last 15 months, second to none, big help.

Good luck to all those still waiting, it wont be long, hand in there.

Regards to all

Andrew & family
Congratulations Andrew. Best wishes with your landing. Jay
Old Sep 6th 2013, 5:06 pm
Andrew

Originally Posted by Jaysuper
Congratulations Andrew. Best wishes with your landing. Jay
Thanks jay, where are you at with your application, any idea what is holding you up?

Regards

Andrew
Old Sep 6th 2013, 5:51 pm

Jim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond repute

All's well that ends well! Just go do the landing and smile your way back!
Old Sep 6th 2013, 8:01 pm
Andrew

Originally Posted by Jim Humphries
All's well that ends well! Just go do the landing and smile your way back!
Thanks Jim for all your help, end of an era onwards and upwards.

Best Regards

Andrew
Old Sep 6th 2013, 8:44 pm

Jim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond repute

Per ardua ad astra!
Old Sep 6th 2013, 9:58 pm
Andrew

Originally Posted by Jim Humphries
Per ardua ad astra!
Yip you can say that again

Regards

Andrew
Old Sep 6th 2013, 10:00 pm
Andrew

Originally Posted by Kaye5
Congratulations, Andrew - good luck with Landing!
Thanks Kaye, hope all is going well with you and yours?

Regards

Andrew
Old Sep 6th 2013, 10:38 pm
BE Forum Addict

Location: Hubley, Nova Scotia (from Scotland via Yorkshire and London)
Kaye5 is a glorious beacon of lightKaye5 is a glorious beacon of lightKaye5 is a glorious beacon of lightKaye5 is a glorious beacon of lightKaye5 is a glorious beacon of lightKaye5 is a glorious beacon of lightKaye5 is a glorious beacon of lightKaye5 is a glorious beacon of lightKaye5 is a glorious beacon of lightKaye5 is a glorious beacon of lightKaye5 is a glorious beacon of light

Thanks Kaye, hope all is going well with you and yours?

Regards

Andrew
I'm still looking for a "proper" job!

Unable to sell UK house, need to get mortgage and 7.5 hour a week casual work just doesn't cut it.

OH starts a new job on Monday - local to where we are renting so means I can use the car to commute to Halifax if need be. Bit of a long commute and wouldn't want to do it forever but it opens up a wider area for me to jobsearch. Got an interview in Halifax on Monday - wish me luck!
Old Sep 7th 2013, 1:12 am
Andrew

I'm still looking for a "proper" job!

Unable to sell UK house, need to get mortgage and 7.5 hour a week casual work just doesn't cut it.

OH starts a new job on Monday - local to where we are renting so means I can use the car to commute to Halifax if need be. Bit of a long commute and wouldn't want to do it forever but it opens up a wider area for me to jobsearch. Got an interview in Halifax on Monday - wish me luck!
Wow, keep hope things come together. We have lots of family support here, we are lucky. Can't imagine what it would be like without that. We have a meeting with a guy from Manu life on Mon ref mortgage, they have a mortgage like the Virgin all in one account, which allows flexibility until you get on your feet.

Good luck kaye, keep in touch

Regards

Andrew
Old Sep 7th 2013, 1:27 am
BE Forum Addict

Location: Hubley, Nova Scotia (from Scotland via Yorkshire and London)
Kaye5 is a glorious beacon of lightKaye5 is a glorious beacon of lightKaye5 is a glorious beacon of lightKaye5 is a glorious beacon of lightKaye5 is a glorious beacon of lightKaye5 is a glorious beacon of lightKaye5 is a glorious beacon of lightKaye5 is a glorious beacon of lightKaye5 is a glorious beacon of lightKaye5 is a glorious beacon of lightKaye5 is a glorious beacon of light

Wow, keep hope things come together. We have lots of family support here, we are lucky. Can't imagine what it would be like without that. We have a meeting with a guy from Manu life on Mon ref mortgage, they have a mortgage like the Virgin all in one account, which allows flexibility until you get on your feet.

Good luck kaye, keep in touch

Regards

Andrew
Mortgage without employment? Oh, you must have sold your UK house.

That's the root of all our financial problems....sell it and we are £££s in (or even $$$$s in).

Hopefully if we both have full time jobs, we'll get a mortgage and can pay it off when the house finally sells. That's the plan anyway!

Renting isn't really working out and I don't want to keep moving the kids from one unsuitable place to another. We need a 4 bed house and they are in short supply to rent, so we've had to take what we can get and it's not ideal. Much more to choose from if we can buy.

Good luck to you too.
Old Sep 7th 2013, 1:33 am
Andrew

Mortgage without employment? Oh, you must have sold your UK house.

That's the root of all our financial problems....sell it and we are £££s in (or even $$$$s in).

Hopefully if we both have full time jobs, we'll get a mortgage and can pay it off when the house finally sells. That's the plan anyway!

Renting isn't really working out and I don't want to keep moving the kids from one unsuitable place to another. We need a 4 bed house and they are in short supply to rent, so we've had to take what we can get and it's not ideal. Much more to choose from if we can buy.

Good luck to you too.
Nope no house sale, we are renting it out. We have a lumps sum to use as a line of credit until we are on our feet, plus I have my military pension so we are ok.

OH has been offered 3 permanent teaching positions, so that's why we are not wasting any time in getting to the border.

Funny thing was we were able to get the kids into school without PR?

Anyway off to prep my goods to follow etc etc. Should be PR by this time tmrw.

Have a great weekend

Drew & family

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.