Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > Immigration & Citizenship (Canada)
Reload this Page >

timescales for PNP/ Pr applications from outside Canada

timescales for PNP/ Pr applications from outside Canada

Old Aug 12th 2013, 8:35 pm
Forum Regular

AVACON is on a distinguished road
Default Re: timescales for PNP/ Pr applications from outside Canada

Originally Posted by chiefmissile
Hi all,

Our first morning in Brandon MB and we get our PPR Seems it was all meant to be. We have already prepared our PPR package and it will be posted by family in the UK and sent to our Canadian address. We took a bit of a gamble with all our plans but luckily it has all worked out and we can start to plan our new life in Canada. Thanks to everyone for all their help, special mention to Former Lancastrian, JonboyE and Jim Humphries. Seems like the PAFSO strike has not delayed processing for us. Must dash out to the liquor mart for some champers to share with the family.

Good luck to all those still waiting, you should see movement this month, wishing you all the best.

Regards

Andrew

...thats the way the cookie crumbles...you wait ages for a bus, and 5 comes at the same time!

Congratulations chief, enjoy the rest of summer and the feeling of being a PR - at last!!!!

Old Aug 12th 2013, 9:10 pm
Forum Regular

Jaysuper is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi all,

Our first morning in Brandon MB and we get our PPR Seems it was all meant to be. We have already prepared our PPR package and it will be posted by family in the UK and sent to our Canadian address. We took a bit of a gamble with all our plans but luckily it has all worked out and we can start to plan our new life in Canada. Thanks to everyone for all their help, special mention to Former Lancastrian, JonboyE and Jim Humphries. Seems like the PAFSO strike has not delayed processing for us. Must dash out to the liquor mart for some champers to share with the family.

Good luck to all those still waiting, you should see movement this month, wishing you all the best.

Andrew

Hi Andrew, Many many congratulations to you and your family. What a great news and timing

I'm so happy for you. Wishing you all the very best in your new home. Well done.

Jay

Regards
Old Aug 13th 2013, 12:51 am
BE Enthusiast

Conmar has a reputation beyond reputeConmar has a reputation beyond reputeConmar has a reputation beyond reputeConmar has a reputation beyond reputeConmar has a reputation beyond reputeConmar has a reputation beyond reputeConmar has a reputation beyond reputeConmar has a reputation beyond reputeConmar has a reputation beyond reputeConmar has a reputation beyond reputeConmar has a reputation beyond repute

Hi all,

Regards

Andrew
Congrats Andrew ,

life can be so easy, just spend one night in Brandon and you get PPR.

Told you before, you will make it...but who did not listen
There you go...PPR.

All the best
Markus
Old Aug 13th 2013, 1:07 am
Forum Regular

family_of_4 has a brilliant futurefamily_of_4 has a brilliant futurefamily_of_4 has a brilliant futurefamily_of_4 has a brilliant futurefamily_of_4 has a brilliant futurefamily_of_4 has a brilliant futurefamily_of_4 has a brilliant futurefamily_of_4 has a brilliant future

Hi all,

Regards

Andrew
Congratulation on your ppr and your arrival in canada
Old Aug 13th 2013, 9:59 am
Pondering a career change

Mikeypm has a reputation beyond reputeMikeypm has a reputation beyond reputeMikeypm has a reputation beyond reputeMikeypm has a reputation beyond reputeMikeypm has a reputation beyond reputeMikeypm has a reputation beyond reputeMikeypm has a reputation beyond reputeMikeypm has a reputation beyond reputeMikeypm has a reputation beyond reputeMikeypm has a reputation beyond reputeMikeypm has a reputation beyond repute

Hi all,

Regards

Andrew
Congrats thats awesome news Andrew
Old Aug 14th 2013, 3:32 pm
Andrew

chiefmissile is a name known to allchiefmissile is a name known to allchiefmissile is a name known to allchiefmissile is a name known to allchiefmissile is a name known to allchiefmissile is a name known to allchiefmissile is a name known to allchiefmissile is a name known to allchiefmissile is a name known to allchiefmissile is a name known to allchiefmissile is a name known to all

Originally Posted by Dammy
Congrat on the arrival of your PPR. What a perfect timing Enjoy your new life Andrew.
Originally Posted by AVACON

...thats the way the cookie crumbles...you wait ages for a bus, and 5 comes at the same time!

Congratulations chief, enjoy the rest of summer and the feeling of being a PR - at last!!!!

Originally Posted by Jaysuper
Hi Andrew, Many many congratulations to you and your family. What a great news and timing

I'm so happy for you. Wishing you all the very best in your new home. Well done.

Jay

Regards
Originally Posted by Conmar
Congrats Andrew ,

life can be so easy, just spend one night in Brandon and you get PPR

Told you before, you will make it...but who did not listen
There you go...PPR.

All the best
Markus
Originally Posted by family_of_4
Congratulation on your ppr and your arrival in canada
Originally Posted by Mikeypm
Congrats thats awesome news Andrew
Hi all,

Very sorry for the late reply, but been busy taking it all in, not quite sunk in that after 23 years of visits we are here to stay

I hope that all those still waiting here something very soon, I can't imagine it taking much longer, things are moving despite the strike action so don't loose hope. I will still continue to share my experiences to help others who are at the start of the process, we were all there one day ourselves and without those before us posting here, the task would have been so much harder, thanks to all the seniors.

Good luck and I look forward to some more good news very soon

Regards

Andrew
Old Aug 14th 2013, 5:45 pm
Forum Regular

newharbour is an unknown quantity at this point

Nice one.

Thanks for letting us know about the visa, I'm going to do the same thing, enter as tourist. Did they ask you for proof of funds?

Enjoy.
Old Aug 14th 2013, 8:21 pm
BE Enthusiast

manitobain is a glorious beacon of lightmanitobain is a glorious beacon of lightmanitobain is a glorious beacon of lightmanitobain is a glorious beacon of lightmanitobain is a glorious beacon of lightmanitobain is a glorious beacon of lightmanitobain is a glorious beacon of lightmanitobain is a glorious beacon of lightmanitobain is a glorious beacon of lightmanitobain is a glorious beacon of lightmanitobain is a glorious beacon of light

Hi all,

Regards

Andrew
ok, I am late...but I always seem to run out of hours lately. Congrats from me as well. Job well done and gamble sure paid off (thats what Brandon does to you ) Enjoy the rest of the summer...only a few weeks left and kids are back to school. cheers Ilse
Old Aug 15th 2013, 4:07 am
Andrew

chiefmissile is a name known to allchiefmissile is a name known to allchiefmissile is a name known to allchiefmissile is a name known to allchiefmissile is a name known to allchiefmissile is a name known to allchiefmissile is a name known to allchiefmissile is a name known to allchiefmissile is a name known to allchiefmissile is a name known to allchiefmissile is a name known to all

Originally Posted by newharbour
Nice one.

Thanks for letting us know about the visa, I'm going to do the same thing, enter as tourist. Did they ask you for proof of funds?

Enjoy.
No, but I had a screen shot of my bank account in the pack I gave to the CBSA. The whole thing was painless. Good luck

Regards

Andrew
Old Aug 15th 2013, 4:13 am
Andrew

Originally Posted by manitobain
ok, I am late...but I always seem to run out of hours lately. Congrats from me as well. Job well done and gamble sure paid off (thats what Brandon does to you ) Enjoy the rest of the summer...only a few weeks left and kids are back to school. cheers Ilse
Thanks Ilise,

Yes we were busy getting the kids school packs today. I went to Sobeys today and could not believe the price of bread and tea bags but I suppose you have to accept the rough and the smooth.

Thanks for the congrats, much appreciated. I would also like to thank you for all the tireless work you do on BritishExpats, your expertise and help is much appreciated by all memebers

If you ever get to Brandon let me know, would love to meet you sometime.

Regards

Andrew
Old Aug 15th 2013, 4:55 am
Banned

Siouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks Ilise,

Yes we were busy getting the kids school packs today. I went to Sobeys today and could not believe the price of bread and tea bags but I suppose you have to accept the rough and the smooth.

Thanks for the congrats, much appreciated. I would also like to thank you for all the tireless work you do on BritishExpats, your expertise and help is much appreciated by all memebers

If you ever get to Brandon let me know, would love to meet you sometime.

Regards

Andrew
Try the Real Canadian Superstore - Sobeys is one of the more expensive stores to buy food in. Keep an eye on the flyers too, quite often there are deals on bread, tea and etc. There's a comparison here: http://www.ebrandon.ca/messagethread...sage_id=148315

You could also look at Target - here is their latest flyer. Other stores: http://brandon.flyerland.ca/flyers/category/grocery/12

Canadian Breakfast Tea is very similar to UK tea, by the way!

Last edited by Siouxie; Aug 15th 2013 at 5:04 am.
Old Aug 15th 2013, 11:55 am
BE Forum Addict

Location: Hubley, Nova Scotia (from Scotland via Yorkshire and London)
Kaye5 is a glorious beacon of lightKaye5 is a glorious beacon of lightKaye5 is a glorious beacon of lightKaye5 is a glorious beacon of lightKaye5 is a glorious beacon of lightKaye5 is a glorious beacon of lightKaye5 is a glorious beacon of lightKaye5 is a glorious beacon of lightKaye5 is a glorious beacon of lightKaye5 is a glorious beacon of lightKaye5 is a glorious beacon of light

Thanks Ilise,

I went to Sobeys today and could not believe the price of bread and tea bags but I suppose you have to accept the rough and the smooth.
Originally Posted by Siouxie
Try the Real Canadian Superstore - Sobeys is one of the more expensive stores to buy food in. Keep an eye on the flyers too, quite often there are deals on bread, tea and etc. There's a comparison here: http://www.ebrandon.ca/messagethread...sage_id=148315
Sobey's is like doing your weekly shop in M&S food hall (or maybe Harrods, ha ha - nice but expensive).

My choices for price (not quality or health - that's a different matter)

1. Sam's No Frills (don't think you have that in Brandon - a bit like Lidl/Netto) =
2. Giant Tiger - a bit like Sam's so limited range also, but really good prices even without offers. Does a lot of processed but also many basics - bread, eggs, yoghurt, cheap cheese etc.
3. Walmart - you'll think you're in Asda. Cheap kids own brand cereals $2.67 for big boxes.
4. Atlantic Superstore - owned by same guys as Sam's but a bit more expensive, much bigger range and better quality stuff, deli, bakery, etc.
5. Sobey's. Never go in unless it is for something on the flyer. I'm saving Sobey's for when I'm rich.

Also - do you have a Dollarama? Bread is always $1.50 here, although sometimes offers in Sam's or Giant Tiger beat it at $1. Also soya milk $1.25 (though it is loaded with sugar, I have yet to find cheap unsweetened). the other foodstuffs in D are mainly junk food but my kids swear by the dollar cookies. Also good for cheap toiletries - if your kids pour shower gel down the drain like mine do, it's worth a look.

Bulk Barn if you have one for loose goods that you might want to try in small quantities. Prices are like GT, Dollarama, No Frills but you can of course buy only what you want.

Quality? Sobeys, Atlantic Superstore and local butchers.

We find the local butchers consistently good value and good quality for meat - I'm sure your family will recommend one.

Sorry Siouxie - thread drift.

Andrew - you probably know all this as you've been to Brandon a zillion times, but might help someone else!
Old Aug 15th 2013, 12:15 pm
Forum Regular

newharbour is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Kaye5

Andrew - you probably know all this as you've been to Brandon a zillion times, but might help someone else!
I did, thanks. They all looked the same to me.

Andrew; flour, water, yeast, oil, sugar, salt. Bake!
Old Aug 16th 2013, 3:10 pm
Andrew

Originally Posted by Kaye5
Sobey's is like doing your weekly shop in M&S food hall (or maybe Harrods, ha ha - nice but expensive).

My choices for price (not quality or health - that's a different matter)

1. Sam's No Frills (don't think you have that in Brandon - a bit like Lidl/Netto) =
2. Giant Tiger - a bit like Sam's so limited range also, but really good prices even without offers. Does a lot of processed but also many basics - bread, eggs, yoghurt, cheap cheese etc.
3. Walmart - you'll think you're in Asda. Cheap kids own brand cereals $2.67 for big boxes.
4. Atlantic Superstore - owned by same guys as Sam's but a bit more expensive, much bigger range and better quality stuff, deli, bakery, etc.
5. Sobey's. Never go in unless it is for something on the flyer. I'm saving Sobey's for when I'm rich.

Also - do you have a Dollarama? Bread is always $1.50 here, although sometimes offers in Sam's or Giant Tiger beat it at $1. Also soya milk $1.25 (though it is loaded with sugar, I have yet to find cheap unsweetened). the other foodstuffs in D are mainly junk food but my kids swear by the dollar cookies. Also good for cheap toiletries - if your kids pour shower gel down the drain like mine do, it's worth a look.

Bulk Barn if you have one for loose goods that you might want to try in small quantities. Prices are like GT, Dollarama, No Frills but you can of course buy only what you want.

Quality? Sobeys, Atlantic Superstore and local butchers.

We find the local butchers consistently good value and good quality for meat - I'm sure your family will recommend one.

Sorry Siouxie - thread drift.

Brilliant thanks, think superstore is the place to go if you want to get everything in one store.

Nursing my mosquito bites from yesterdays golf

Regards

Andrew
Old Aug 17th 2013, 5:46 pm
BE Forum Addict

Location: Hubley, Nova Scotia (from Scotland via Yorkshire and London)
Kaye5 is a glorious beacon of lightKaye5 is a glorious beacon of lightKaye5 is a glorious beacon of lightKaye5 is a glorious beacon of lightKaye5 is a glorious beacon of lightKaye5 is a glorious beacon of lightKaye5 is a glorious beacon of lightKaye5 is a glorious beacon of lightKaye5 is a glorious beacon of lightKaye5 is a glorious beacon of lightKaye5 is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by newharbour
I did, thanks. They all looked the same to me.

Andrew; flour, water, yeast, oil, sugar, salt. Bake!
You need to look closer - there's huge differences in prices (between stores and also No Frills and Atlantic Superstore - prices are different on their identical own brand label).

I bake my own oatcakes - have only found them in AS at $3.50 for one box of Nairns.

Brilliant thanks, think superstore is the place to go if you want to get everything in one store.

Nursing my mosquito bites from yesterdays golf

Regards

Andrew
Superstore is a bit of a half way house - if I had more cash that's probably where I would go.

At the moment, I am cash poor/time rich and fortunate in that NF/GT are on the same site here - so easy to jump from one to the other in one visit. I wouldn't want to have to drive around 3 or 4 stores if I was working full time or they were miles from each other (and the gas used wiped out the savings).

Did most of our shop for a family of 5 last night - about $100 in GT/NF. Will spend maybe another $20 in Walmart over the weekend and maybe $15 in the butcher. Not much different from the UK - except for booze.... which...

There's also a brew-it-for-you wine shop (actually there's 2) here. Works out about $3.50 a bottle (but you have to brew at least 29 bottles). All we have to do is pour on the yeast, go home for 4 weeks, then come back and bottle it. They charge $50 to do the rest (which I can't be bothered to do at home). Helps if you are not a discerning wine drinker I guess, but I have friends who are more so and use this service. You could start up in Brandon and make your fortune.

Hope the bug bites are easing.

Sorry. Big drift.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.