Wikiposts

Timescales

Old Jan 9th 2008, 6:24 am
Account Closed

jericho is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Timescales

Hi
We submitted our SW application early last year, but Im over in Calgary & Edmonton for a number of interviews next week.
I have contacted my imm. consultant several times with this question but have not had any joy in the getting them to reply.:curse:

If I was to receive a job offer, can anyone possibly advise the timescales for TWP/ PNP AB / SW with AEO.

Many thanks
Old Jan 9th 2008, 11:13 pm
Forum Regular

bartM will become famous soon enough
Default Re: Timescales

I have exactly the same question - from my research on the forum it appears that SW with AEO and PNP AB should be taking around 1 year - HOWEVER, I've seen someone on this forum claiming getting medicals 4 months after application for PNP AB! TWP should be much, much shorter than that in any case.

Andrew, Jim, PMM - do you have any timeline estimates (AB PNP vs SW w/AEO) for your clients?

Bart

Originally Posted by jericho
Hi
We submitted our SW application early last year, but Im over in Calgary & Edmonton for a number of interviews next week.
I have contacted my imm. consultant several times with this question but have not had any joy in the getting them to reply.:curse:

If I was to receive a job offer, can anyone possibly advise the timescales for TWP/ PNP AB / SW with AEO.

Many thanks
Old Jan 9th 2008, 11:19 pm

Andrew Miller is an unknown quantity at this point

PNP and SW with arranged employment PR applications are processed with the same priority. The differences are only in LMO/AEO/PNP stages in various Provinces and timelines for any of those 3 are quite fluid.
Old Jan 9th 2008, 11:50 pm
Forum Regular

Thanks a lot Andrew! However, if you were to give a general advice - would you rather go for PNP or AEO+SW? I mean, considering probability that PNP is declined/delayed and then going through the AEO route?

A person in question is Swedish, been working for our company as management/IT consultant (open work permit through his post-doc wife) for 5 months and we will guarantee him a job after he's PR.

Bart

Originally Posted by Andrew Miller
PNP and SW with arranged employment PR applications are processed with the same priority. The differences are only in LMO/AEO/PNP stages in various Provinces and timelines for any of those 3 are quite fluid.
Old Jan 10th 2008, 1:41 am

You've got all elements for PR application with Arranged Employment present - why bother with anything else. Providing of course that you know how to work it out.
Old Jan 10th 2008, 2:06 am
Forum Regular

Thanks Andrew, your advice is, as always, really appreciated. Since I went through the SW application myself a couple of years ago, I think we'll go through the AEO+SW route.
Old Jan 10th 2008, 2:27 am

There is no AEO route in this case. Just SW with Arranged Employment (full application package) through London route. No AEO and no LMO.
Old Jan 10th 2008, 1:51 pm
Forum Regular

Ok, now you got me confused - if he's already in Canada (been here for a year), would it not be possible to go through AEO+SW through Buffalo? Or is it faster through London with Arranged Employment full application?

There is no AEO route in this case. Just SW with Arranged Employment (full application package) through London route. No AEO and no LMO.
Old Jan 10th 2008, 3:26 pm

Like I said - if already working in Canada with valid work permit and other requirements are met then no need for any AEO. Buffalo is not fast tracking SW with arranged employment cases, London is.

You must have missed my repeated few times in past couple of months posts (with attached pages from Manual) in respect to Arranged Employment when applicant is already working in Canada.

Again - no AEO and no LMO. Just the full SW application with all supporting evidence, including required for claiming arranged employment documents.
Old Jan 10th 2008, 10:02 pm
Forum Regular

pete66 has a brilliant futurepete66 has a brilliant futurepete66 has a brilliant futurepete66 has a brilliant futurepete66 has a brilliant futurepete66 has a brilliant future

Hi

Just out of interest, does anybody know an approx time for London fast tracking SW - WP with AEO?
We had medicals done back in September 07, landing fee paid, second set of fingerprints and results received in London new years eve (first set lost in post).......thought we would have heard by now?

Thanks

Pete
Old Jan 10th 2008, 11:31 pm

If there is no delay with security check then you should hear something any day now. Remember that London run out of visas quota for 2007 sometimes in November and all applications with positive decision made after were waiting for new year.
Old Jan 10th 2008, 11:59 pm
Forum Regular

Again, thanks a lot Andrew - and you're right, I haven't been following this forum for a long time. I am preparing the citizenship application now however and I will pay more attention soon

Like I said - if already working in Canada with valid work permit and other requirements are met then no need for any AEO. Buffalo is not fast tracking SW with arranged employment cases, London is.

You must have missed my repeated few times in past couple of months posts (with attached pages from Manual) in respect to Arranged Employment when applicant is already working in Canada.

Again - no AEO and no LMO. Just the full SW application with all supporting evidence, including required for claiming arranged employment documents.
Old Jan 11th 2008, 12:00 am
Forum Regular

pete66 has a brilliant futurepete66 has a brilliant futurepete66 has a brilliant futurepete66 has a brilliant futurepete66 has a brilliant futurepete66 has a brilliant future

Hi andrew

Thank you for your prompt reply...I had no idea about the visa quota...that is very interesting. So they only issue a certain amount each year?

As far as I am aware, the security checks are fine. The fingerprint result confirmed that my wife is not a criminal!

You've put my mind at ease....I thought we were in for a very long wait.
BTW isn't it very early where you are?

Thank you once again

Pete
Old Jan 14th 2008, 12:12 am
Forum Regular

Sorry to bug you again, Andrew - I did the research on the forum and found your posts with checklists for London and such. However, just being paranoid, I would like to confirm the fact that even though the Swedish employee of mine has been in Canada for more than a year on a 2-year TWP, he can still apply in London and is NOT obligated to apply in Buffalo. Thanks a lot, bart.

Old Jan 14th 2008, 6:06 am
PMM
Lost in BE Cyberspace

PMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond repute

Hi

Originally Posted by bartM
Sorry to bug you again, Andrew - I did the research on the forum and found your posts with checklists for London and such. However, just being paranoid, I would like to confirm the fact that even though the Swedish employee of mine has been in Canada for more than a year on a 2-year TWP, he can still apply in London and is NOT obligated to apply in Buffalo. Thanks a lot, bart.
Yes he can.