Wikiposts

Timescale

Old Jan 22nd 2013, 7:26 am
Forum Regular

zac stone is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Timescale

Hi everyone,not been on for a while,Happy New Year;i have a couple of questions please,but first,some background about my situation.
I travelled to Vancouver in October 2010 to activate my permanent resident visa,then returned to the UK 3 weeks later to sell my house and tie up loose ends.I have struggled to find a buyer for the house ever since,and am now acutely aware that i only have until October this year to return to Canada,as my 3 years out will be up.I have decided to rent the house and return by October;as the two years following my return are very important to comply with the two years out of 5 rule,i want to make sure my return is officially documented,so i have a record of exact dates for immigration when i come to renew my permanent resident card,can anyone please let me know the best way to go about this.
One more question please;as i'm probably not going to travel to Canada again before my return,i was wondering if i can open a bank account in Canada while here in the UK,i ask only because i don't know how to transfer my cash funds between the UK and Canada,i know you are only allowed to carry so much on you out of the country personally,but anyway,i don't want to travel with that much in person anyway,
thanking you in anticipation.
Old Jan 22nd 2013, 8:26 am
SUPER MODERATOR

christmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Timescale

Have a look at the Wiki for info on banking, you could for instance open an account in Canada if you have a HSBC premier account I believe. But the Wiki will have the info.

But please do head back to Canada before October, as otherwise you're giving yourself no leeway at all and would essentially be 'landlocked' in Canada for 2 years. What if you have an emergency/family funeral/wedding/ etc that you need to return for?

Best to give yourself at least 3 months so that you can leave Canada if you have to.

Good luck.
Old Jan 22nd 2013, 12:20 pm
Forum Regular

zac stone is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi Christmasoompa,
thank-you very much for your reply,i will look at the Wiki,and i will try try get to Canada sooner,i want to be there asap;any thoughts on the best way to prove my arrival dates,would immigration be able to check with airport immigration when i arrived in Canada?thanks again for your reply.
Old Jan 22nd 2013, 12:45 pm

Aviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by zac stone
Hi Christmasoompa,
thank-you very much for your reply,i will look at the Wiki,and i will try try get to Canada sooner,i want to be there asap;any thoughts on the best way to prove my arrival dates,would immigration be able to check with airport immigration when i arrived in Canada?thanks again for your reply.
All pax information, arrival and departures is shared with immigration by the airlines. Also, on arrival at immigration, you passport information would be recorded.

Keep your airline tickets to prove arrival, hotel bills, credit cards bill etc.