Wikiposts

Timelines (Spousal Apps)

Old Oct 24th 2005, 12:06 am
Just Joined

CANUK has a spectacular aura aboutCANUK has a spectacular aura aboutCANUK has a spectacular aura about
Default Timelines (Spousal Apps)

Been waiting for what seems like an eternity now for an answer but nothing has come through,

London Starting Processing Aug 12th.2005

Does anyone have any upto date Spousal Timelines they can share.
Old Oct 24th 2005, 12:21 am
BE Forum Addict

cov-canuck is a splendid one to beholdcov-canuck is a splendid one to beholdcov-canuck is a splendid one to beholdcov-canuck is a splendid one to beholdcov-canuck is a splendid one to beholdcov-canuck is a splendid one to beholdcov-canuck is a splendid one to beholdcov-canuck is a splendid one to beholdcov-canuck is a splendid one to beholdcov-canuck is a splendid one to beholdcov-canuck is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: Timelines (Spousal Apps)

Originally Posted by CANUK
Been waiting for what seems like an eternity now for an answer but nothing has come through,

Unfortunately we're not quite that far, application mailed last Thursday to Mississauga, should be delivered today. If London are already processing, have you received your AOR date and notice of your spousal approval? I believe that the average processing time for spousal sponsorships is 4 months.
Old Oct 24th 2005, 12:39 am
Slightly Canadian

Atlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond reputeAtlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond reputeAtlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond reputeAtlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond reputeAtlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond reputeAtlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond reputeAtlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond reputeAtlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond reputeAtlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond reputeAtlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond reputeAtlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond repute

Our spousal sponsorship took 6mths in total from submission to Missassuga to PR visa in my passport in UK. So if CHC started processing in August I reckon you'll hear (all being well) January. (ish)!
Old Oct 24th 2005, 1:43 am
BE Forum Addict

cov-canuck is a splendid one to beholdcov-canuck is a splendid one to beholdcov-canuck is a splendid one to beholdcov-canuck is a splendid one to beholdcov-canuck is a splendid one to beholdcov-canuck is a splendid one to beholdcov-canuck is a splendid one to beholdcov-canuck is a splendid one to beholdcov-canuck is a splendid one to beholdcov-canuck is a splendid one to beholdcov-canuck is a splendid one to behold

According to the CIC website, 50% of cases are completed within 5 months, so you've still got a bit of a wait.
Old Oct 24th 2005, 4:53 am
Every day is a new day...

amancharan has a reputation beyond reputeamancharan has a reputation beyond reputeamancharan has a reputation beyond reputeamancharan has a reputation beyond reputeamancharan has a reputation beyond reputeamancharan has a reputation beyond reputeamancharan has a reputation beyond reputeamancharan has a reputation beyond reputeamancharan has a reputation beyond reputeamancharan has a reputation beyond reputeamancharan has a reputation beyond repute

Should be finalized soon; almost there mate....
Old Oct 24th 2005, 5:20 am
Forum Regular

nickybum is a jewel in the roughnickybum is a jewel in the roughnickybum is a jewel in the roughnickybum is a jewel in the rough

thank god someone posted this question we sent ours from the uk in aug aswell, they started processing ours on aug 23rd and we've heard nout
i was expecting a letter at least by now with a decision from mississauga. im well aware that it takes 6mths from start to finish but i thought it only took 6 weeks to hear back from mississauga
Old Oct 24th 2005, 5:26 am
Every day is a new day...

amancharan has a reputation beyond reputeamancharan has a reputation beyond reputeamancharan has a reputation beyond reputeamancharan has a reputation beyond reputeamancharan has a reputation beyond reputeamancharan has a reputation beyond reputeamancharan has a reputation beyond reputeamancharan has a reputation beyond reputeamancharan has a reputation beyond reputeamancharan has a reputation beyond reputeamancharan has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by nickybum
i thought it only took 6 weeks to hear back from mississauga
Yes it does;
check here to find out what dates is CIC processing for?

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/departm...ml#sponsorship

if your application was submitted before the time they are processing for, then you should have gotten a decision by now; otherwise, its normal!
Old Oct 24th 2005, 5:34 am
Ambiroadious

WorldWeary will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by nickybum
thank god someone posted this question we sent ours from the uk in aug aswell, they started processing ours on aug 23rd and we've heard nout
i was expecting a letter at least by now with a decision from mississauga. im well aware that it takes 6mths from start to finish but i thought it only took 6 weeks to hear back from mississauga
Mississauga only processes the Sponsorship Application. They can only tell you if you have been accepted as a viable Sponsor. I don't think the PR application would be sent to London if that were not the case.

But I'm no expert, just another in a similar boat. I can't even get e-cas to acknowledge they are even processing my Sponsorship Application.

Oh how I wish there was a number in Canada you could phone to check on progress.
Old Oct 24th 2005, 5:57 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Biiiiink has a reputation beyond reputeBiiiiink has a reputation beyond reputeBiiiiink has a reputation beyond reputeBiiiiink has a reputation beyond reputeBiiiiink has a reputation beyond reputeBiiiiink has a reputation beyond reputeBiiiiink has a reputation beyond reputeBiiiiink has a reputation beyond reputeBiiiiink has a reputation beyond reputeBiiiiink has a reputation beyond reputeBiiiiink has a reputation beyond repute

Mr B had not heard anything at 5mths - we sent a fax to CHC London enquiring as to when he'd be processed. They phoned us within 24hrs to say they'd sent his passport request 2mths ago! It never arrived.

I'm not trying to worry you, but things like that do happen. If you're concerned, send a fax. If your concern is justified, they'll contact you. If not, they'll ignore your fax and you'll hear in due course.
Old Oct 24th 2005, 6:24 am
Forum Regular

nickybum is a jewel in the roughnickybum is a jewel in the roughnickybum is a jewel in the roughnickybum is a jewel in the rough

Originally Posted by WorldWeary
Mississauga only processes the Sponsorship Application. They can only tell you if you have been accepted as a viable Sponsor. I don't think the PR application would be sent to London if that were not the case.

But I'm no expert, just another in a similar boat. I can't even get e-cas to acknowledge they are even processing my Sponsorship Application.

Oh how I wish there was a number in Canada you could phone to check on progress.
i think you are correct in what your saying, that's what I'm waiting for the big yeah your good letter. my friend is in the same boat as you she has never had a letter informing her that they had received her application, so she sent a email to CIC Mississauga and some how spoke to someone they gave her a client number which does not work on e-cas. she was told as her case was out of canada it had gone to a "special" office and this is why she had no letter, which i think is bull s*** as I'm out of canada and I've got a letter confirming they got my application ok Hmmm Hoooo just have to keep waiting
Old Oct 24th 2005, 6:26 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Biiiiink
Mr B had not heard anything at 5mths - we sent a fax to CHC London enquiring as to when he'd be processed. They phoned us within 24hrs to say they'd sent his passport request 2mths ago! It never arrived.

I'm not trying to worry you, but things like that do happen. If you're concerned, send a fax. If your concern is justified, they'll contact you. If not, they'll ignore your fax and you'll hear in due course.
im going to give it a bit longer before i fax at least till some time in november but that must have been really scary :scared: if you hadn't chased that up you would never have known.
Old Oct 24th 2005, 7:45 pm
Just Joined

shawn is an unknown quantity at this point

According to UPS they recieved my application on sept 26, with any luck they oppened my package today.

On my UPS tracking notes it shows they had some difficulty with the address, but David at reception signed for it.......

I'm eagerly checking ECAS but there is no file yet.

When does ECAS usually start working? During the sponsorship or after it is forwarded out of country?
Old Oct 24th 2005, 7:52 pm
Just Joined

CANUK has a spectacular aura aboutCANUK has a spectacular aura aboutCANUK has a spectacular aura about

Glad to see we are not the only one waiting for a ship that never seems to come. I know it has only been a few months but when you are waiting for something this important it feels life is passing you by.

Although we are still leaving in February even if we have to wait the last of it out in Canada it would be nice to hear before hand so we can relax.

Thanks for the posts.
Old Oct 25th 2005, 12:16 am
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by amancharan
Yes it does;
check here to find out what dates is CIC processing for?

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/departm...ml#sponsorship

if your application was submitted before the time they are processing for, then you should have gotten a decision by now; otherwise, its normal!
This website is only for spousal applications being processed in Canada. I think most people here will have spousal applications processed outside of Canada (in London and other places), so they'll need to look here (which is less accurate - no dates currently being processed, etc.):
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/departm...c-spouses.html
Old Oct 25th 2005, 12:37 am
Just Joined

shawn is an unknown quantity at this point

cov-canuck,

RE: http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/departm...ml#sponsorship

In canada are done in Vegreville are they not? So the processing time under Mississauga (look at note #2)

"(2) There is a two-step process involved in family class applications: the assessment of the sponsorship application in Canada and the assessment of the permanent residence application outside Canada by the visa office. There are separate processing times for each of these two steps. .........."

would apply for the in canada portion of the out of canada applications as well.

After the in canada portion is completed and forwarded you can add on the processing time for your location.

I hope i'm mistaken but that's the way i'm reading it. If that isn't the case my wife should be getting a letter saying the application has been forwarded any day now........ but my ECAS still shows nothing after almost a month making me think nothing has been opened.

Last edited by shawn; Oct 25th 2005 at 12:41 am.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.