Timelines for PNP PR via London

Old Mar 24th 2014, 4:05 am
Forum Regular

roflwell is just really niceroflwell is just really niceroflwell is just really niceroflwell is just really niceroflwell is just really niceroflwell is just really niceroflwell is just really niceroflwell is just really niceroflwell is just really niceroflwell is just really nice
Default Timelines for PNP PR via London

Hi all,

I'm currently in process after applying for PR via the BC PNP. I got my AOR in July 2013 and as expected I've heard nothing back yet. I got an email this morning in response to my query just saying (again, as expected) that it is in process or waiting to be reviewed by an immigration officer. I applied via London as I unfortunately wasn't aware that I could apply via Ottawa, so I know I could be in for a wait, but I wondered if anyone else has applied via London and could share timelines?

Andy
Old Mar 24th 2014, 4:21 am
Forum Regular

JennyH1988 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Timelines for PR via London

I did exactly the same thing regarding London visa office and Ottawa. But ohh well nothing we can do about it now lol

I applied through PNP to London in November 2012. We received our AOR also in November and it was sent to London.
We were then requested to do our medicals and submit RPRF in March 2013...this was completed April 20, 2013. Our ECAS was updated with 'Medical Results Received' but the file still shows 'Application Received' and not In Process.

Just before Christmas I sent them a CSE to which they responded that my documents had been received and it was in a queue awaiting review and that it would be likely to happen early in the new year (which In my opinion is a bit late now!). I sent them another enquiry because I am concerned that our medicals will expire! They are a year old April 20. I just wanted some information on how it works in terms of extensions.

Anyway I got a reply with the same 'your file is currently in a queue awaiting review by an immigration officer'. BUT they also asked for updated documents! I am actually going to mail these documents today.

Someone had mentioned on one of these forums that if they ask for document then they have assigned the application a date to be brought forward (not sure about that).

I am just wondering if I had not had sent the enquiry, would they have even asked for this updated information? Or would they have just waited for it to get to the desk of an officer, at which point they would ask for updated docs and therefore delaying it further (back to the bottom of a pile until the docs turn up and they open the envelope!!)

Hopefully this is the home straight! it just feels like my whole application is being done backwards lol !!!

Sorry for essay !! ahaha

Originally Posted by roflwell
Hi all,

I'm currently in process after applying for PR via the BC PNP. I got my AOR in July 2013 and as expected I've heard nothing back yet. I got an email this morning in response to my query just saying (again, as expected) that it is in process or waiting to be reviewed by an immigration officer. I applied via London as I unfortunately wasn't aware that I could apply via Ottawa, so I know I could be in for a wait, but I wondered if anyone else has applied via London and could share timelines?

Andy
Old Mar 24th 2014, 4:24 am
Forum Regular

roflwell is just really niceroflwell is just really niceroflwell is just really niceroflwell is just really niceroflwell is just really niceroflwell is just really niceroflwell is just really niceroflwell is just really niceroflwell is just really niceroflwell is just really nice

Thanks for the info Jenny! It's frustrating, especially since I work with two other people who applied at the same time - albeit through different visa offices - and they have both finished the process and have PR already.

Ah well, just gotta hang in there I guess!

Andy.
Old Mar 24th 2014, 5:09 am
Forum Regular

JennyH1988 is an unknown quantity at this point

Yes very frustrating!! Just feel like our life is on hold until we get it ! Good thing is we went to the border here to renew my partners work permit quickly and they informed us that we we do get the pr..we don't need to go back there to cross the border and back. We can make an appointment at the government building in the City and sort everything there...which is amazing because its a 16 hour round trip in the car!!

Originally Posted by roflwell
Thanks for the info Jenny! It's frustrating, especially since I work with two other people who applied at the same time - albeit through different visa offices - and they have both finished the process and have PR already.

Ah well, just gotta hang in there I guess!

Andy.