Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > Immigration & Citizenship (Canada)
Reload this Page >

Timeline For Spousal Sponsorship via London

Timeline For Spousal Sponsorship via London

Old Sep 21st 2017, 8:46 am
Forum Regular

EngCan is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Timeline For Spousal Sponsorship via London

Hi, we sent our application from England on September 4th, and with postal tracking it was delivered in Mississauga on September 12th. I can see from a couple of posts that others have received an acknowledgement text/email and we have not yet. Just wondering if this standard?
We can provide full details if needed.
I am a Canadian citizen sponsoring my British husband, we have lived here for 8 years.

Thank you,
Robyn
Old Sep 21st 2017, 11:16 am
BE Forum Addict

ChrisBan has a reputation beyond reputeChrisBan has a reputation beyond reputeChrisBan has a reputation beyond reputeChrisBan has a reputation beyond reputeChrisBan has a reputation beyond reputeChrisBan has a reputation beyond reputeChrisBan has a reputation beyond reputeChrisBan has a reputation beyond reputeChrisBan has a reputation beyond reputeChrisBan has a reputation beyond reputeChrisBan has a reputation beyond repute

Hey, quick one... sorry don't want to take up a whole new thread. On IMM1344 for question one, why would anyone select option 2 "proceed with the application for permanent residence" surely if the sponsor isn't eligible to sponsor there isn't any benefit to selecting this?

We'll be submitting our application shortly just a couple last questions, we'll update you when we do so the spreadsheet can be updated with our info
Old Sep 21st 2017, 11:31 am
Just Joined

HockeyNightInCanada is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by EngCan
Hi, we sent our application from England on September 4th, and with postal tracking it was delivered in Mississauga on September 12th. I can see from a couple of posts that others have received an acknowledgement text/email and we have not yet. Just wondering if this standard?
We can provide full details if needed.
I am a Canadian citizen sponsoring my British husband, we have lived here for 8 years.

Thank you,
Robyn
Hi Robyn,

Welcome. As far as I understand from my application, is that the text service is only applicable to certain application types; in our case the 'Family Sponsorship' route. There was the option to subscribe and print off a barcode specific to you to be included with your application to which they replied when scanned - a little extra comfort that they have it following the Royal Mail/Canada Post confirmation. At least I know it has arrived and now been opened! It's the small things!

Welcome to the waiting game.
Old Sep 21st 2017, 12:16 pm
BE Forum Addict

Hurlabrick has a reputation beyond reputeHurlabrick has a reputation beyond reputeHurlabrick has a reputation beyond reputeHurlabrick has a reputation beyond reputeHurlabrick has a reputation beyond reputeHurlabrick has a reputation beyond reputeHurlabrick has a reputation beyond reputeHurlabrick has a reputation beyond reputeHurlabrick has a reputation beyond reputeHurlabrick has a reputation beyond reputeHurlabrick has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by ChrisBan
Hey, quick one... sorry don't want to take up a whole new thread. On IMM1344 for question one, why would anyone select option 2 "proceed with the application for permanent residence" surely if the sponsor isn't eligible to sponsor there isn't any benefit to selecting this?

We'll be submitting our application shortly just a couple last questions, we'll update you when we do so the spreadsheet can be updated with our info
There is a reason why someone would select this apparently crazy option that I read on here once but cant remember what it is as it is an unusual combination of circumstances. But for you and me, no it is not an attractive option!
Old Sep 23rd 2017, 12:12 pm
Just Joined

Alex_Spouse is an unknown quantity at this point

Any thoughts on why there is no action / update since late August? Seems like a whole month has gone by but there are barely any updates...
Old Sep 23rd 2017, 10:05 pm
Forum Regular

AshMyl has a reputation beyond reputeAshMyl has a reputation beyond reputeAshMyl has a reputation beyond reputeAshMyl has a reputation beyond reputeAshMyl has a reputation beyond reputeAshMyl has a reputation beyond reputeAshMyl has a reputation beyond reputeAshMyl has a reputation beyond reputeAshMyl has a reputation beyond reputeAshMyl has a reputation beyond reputeAshMyl has a reputation beyond repute

So... been a while since I logged in either here or MyCIC.. Actually 29Aug I believe and nothing has changed on my application update since that date. The On-Line Services page states Decision Made, but MyCIC still says 'In Progress'.

Anyways, just home from Canada this morning and thought that I would update on moving family out at the end of August. Can I just say that the advice here is second to none and everything went well. Not sure how much detail to put in but I will try and be brief.

1. Shipped container of personal affects, which arrived in port 2 days before we flew in. We used All-route Shipping Ltd... absolutely first class and I doubt if anyone could have made it any easier. PLUS they were reasonable, flexible and worked with us to enable us to load the container ourselves, dropping it on the ground at the house for 3 days and collecting again.

2. Flew out and arrived in Halifax. Not knowing how to do Immigration I did out 3 cards, one for us all as a family which was family moving and me visiting, one for Canadian's 'returning to Canada' and one for me visiting. Explained situation to the Immigration Officer that I had an application in process but nothing through yet and that we were moving wife and kids out to start school etc and they were excellant with advice etc. The officer took the one for 'Canadians returning' and my visiting one and scrapped the other. Said that would be the best and cleanest way. I think the officer appreciated that we had thought it through and came prepared with the possible options might be. Then they welcomed my wife and kids to Canada, wished them all the best and explained what would happen when we get baggage and customs etc

3. Proceeded to baggage and then directed to Customs where we were met again by a very helpful officer. We had all our paperwork double copies and they were understanding, polite and very helpful, advising us about where to get the paperwork stamped downtown Halifax to get the container released.

4. We are the Customs building before they opened on Thurs morning as we needed to get the paperwork stamped and to our shipper by mid morning to enable the container to be lifted from the port to prevent us paying demurrage fees. Again, the officer was thorough, professional and very helpful. We had photos of some of the items in the container in case they asked about them and they appreciated that. A number of questions were asked and again we got advice on some items we plan to bring when we move. Papers were stamped, and we were off to the shipping company.

5. Had delivery to the house on Saturday morning and family are now there settling in and I have arrived back here for a few more months..

Again, thanks to all who contributed to our many questions (and I admit I had many!!) before we moved the family. The whole process went smoothly thanks to this.
Old Sep 25th 2017, 10:29 am
Just Joined

Tommm is an unknown quantity at this point

Hello, an update for our timeline;
We received a letter on the 22nd to tell us our application was being processed in Mississagua.
From what I can see on the sheet and in here we don't really know what that might mean from processing time?
Old Sep 25th 2017, 1:26 pm
BE Forum Addict

Hurlabrick has a reputation beyond reputeHurlabrick has a reputation beyond reputeHurlabrick has a reputation beyond reputeHurlabrick has a reputation beyond reputeHurlabrick has a reputation beyond reputeHurlabrick has a reputation beyond reputeHurlabrick has a reputation beyond reputeHurlabrick has a reputation beyond reputeHurlabrick has a reputation beyond reputeHurlabrick has a reputation beyond reputeHurlabrick has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Tommm
We received a letter on the 22nd to tell us our application was being processed in Mississagua.
From what I can see on the sheet and in here we don't really know what that might mean from processing time?
Spreadsheet updated. No idea what that would mean to timelines, they do this when London gets too clogged up.
Old Sep 25th 2017, 3:56 pm
Forum Regular

Mattc24 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Tommm
Our spousal application was sent off back in February. It went to Ottawa for processing originally and then about 4 weeks ago we were contacted to say our application had now been passed on to Mississauga. As of yet we are still waiting to hear anything new, so it doesn't seem to be all that quick at the moment.

Matt.

Last edited by Mattc24; Sep 25th 2017 at 4:03 pm.
Old Sep 26th 2017, 7:23 am
Forum Regular

avjoy has a reputation beyond reputeavjoy has a reputation beyond reputeavjoy has a reputation beyond reputeavjoy has a reputation beyond reputeavjoy has a reputation beyond reputeavjoy has a reputation beyond reputeavjoy has a reputation beyond reputeavjoy has a reputation beyond reputeavjoy has a reputation beyond reputeavjoy has a reputation beyond reputeavjoy has a reputation beyond repute

New timeline to be added to spreadsheet if needed

Sponsor: Canadian living in Ireland
Principal Applicant: Irish
Dependents: 0
Marital status: Common Law
Application type: Family sponsorship
Application sent: Posted 15th September from Ireland
Application received: Delivered in CANADA on 25th SeptemberConfirmation text message from IRCC Family Sponsorship service on 25th September
Old Sep 26th 2017, 1:19 pm
Just Joined

Tommm is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Mattc24
Our spousal application was sent off back in February. It went to Ottawa for processing originally and then about 4 weeks ago we were contacted to say our application had now been passed on to Mississauga. As of yet we are still waiting to hear anything new, so it doesn't seem to be all that quick at the moment.

Matt.
ok, cheers for the info, you are months ahead of our application (July) so hopefully you hear something soon!
Old Sep 27th 2017, 11:03 am
BE Forum Addict

ChrisBan has a reputation beyond reputeChrisBan has a reputation beyond reputeChrisBan has a reputation beyond reputeChrisBan has a reputation beyond reputeChrisBan has a reputation beyond reputeChrisBan has a reputation beyond reputeChrisBan has a reputation beyond reputeChrisBan has a reputation beyond reputeChrisBan has a reputation beyond reputeChrisBan has a reputation beyond reputeChrisBan has a reputation beyond repute

So exciting, submitted our app through FedEx last night, will let you know when they confirm receipt so you can put our app on the sheet
Old Sep 27th 2017, 6:46 pm
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by avjoy
New timeline to be added to spreadsheet if needed

Sponsor: Canadian living in Ireland
Principal Applicant: Irish
Dependents: 0
Marital status: Common Law
Application type: Family sponsorship
Application sent: Posted 15th September from Ireland
Application received: Delivered in CANADA on 25th SeptemberConfirmation text message from IRCC Family Sponsorship service on 25th September
Congrats on the first big hurdle! Added to spreadsheet.
Old Sep 29th 2017, 9:04 am
Forum Regular

Mattc24 is an unknown quantity at this point

Hello, a possible update for our spreadsheet timeline? We noticed yesterday that the status in 'online services' has now changed to 'Decision Made'.
No changes in myCIC which still shows 'review of eligibility in progress' and 'background check in progress'.

Matt.
Old Sep 29th 2017, 11:25 am
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by Mattc24
Hello, a possible update for our spreadsheet timeline? We noticed yesterday that the status in 'online services' has now changed to 'Decision Made'.
No changes in myCIC which still shows 'review of eligibility in progress' and 'background check in progress'.

Matt.
It is not at all unusual for ECAS to be updated ahead of MyCIC. I think you can assume that it is DM and have updated the spreadsheet accordingly.

Hopefully you will get PPR or go straight to the issue of the CoPR - please keep us updated.

Congratulations!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.