Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > Immigration & Citizenship (Canada)
Reload this Page >

Timeline For Spousal Sponsorship via London

Timeline For Spousal Sponsorship via London

Old Dec 29th 2016, 3:18 pm
BE Forum Addict

Vulcanoid has a reputation beyond reputeVulcanoid has a reputation beyond reputeVulcanoid has a reputation beyond reputeVulcanoid has a reputation beyond reputeVulcanoid has a reputation beyond reputeVulcanoid has a reputation beyond reputeVulcanoid has a reputation beyond reputeVulcanoid has a reputation beyond reputeVulcanoid has a reputation beyond reputeVulcanoid has a reputation beyond reputeVulcanoid has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Timeline For Spousal Sponsorship via London

Photo problem... (YAY! :/)

Got a letter in MyCIC requesting passport photos that conform to IMM3999/Appendix B specifications.

The trouble is, my application included them. The letter is extremely vague as to why they're being requested (in that, there's no reason at all). I checked the two that I didn't send off, and they're 50mm wide, 70mm tall, bottom of chin to top of hair is 33mm, the background is all white. Expression is neutral.

I'm wondering if the photos I included just got lost (eg if they were paperclipped to the defunct first IMM1344), or if there's actually a problem with the first set. Because if there is, I don't know what it was, and I'm very wary about just getting them done again and sending them off without knowing why they weren't accepted the first time.

The only possible thing I can see is that bottom of chin to top of forehead is 29mm (with 4mm of hair above that) - what exactly are they asking us to measure so precisely? The diagram is very unclear as to whether the two ovals are in fact two ovals, or just one with minima and maxima. Is the face too small in my case (by 2mm)? If so, does the hair matter? Does the hair still have to come in within the 36mm maximum?
Old Dec 29th 2016, 3:21 pm
Just Joined

nemsling is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Hurlabrick
Very happy to add your details, but just three questions.

1. Roughly where do you currently live (e.g. London UK etc.)
2. Which visa office handled the PA approval after sponsor approval - London or Ottawa?
3. Was PA was from a visa exempt country (e.g. UK)
I currently 'live' in Jerusalem but was processed through London where I am from.

2. visa office was London

3. UK
Old Dec 29th 2016, 3:38 pm
BE Forum Addict

Hurlabrick has a reputation beyond reputeHurlabrick has a reputation beyond reputeHurlabrick has a reputation beyond reputeHurlabrick has a reputation beyond reputeHurlabrick has a reputation beyond reputeHurlabrick has a reputation beyond reputeHurlabrick has a reputation beyond reputeHurlabrick has a reputation beyond reputeHurlabrick has a reputation beyond reputeHurlabrick has a reputation beyond reputeHurlabrick has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by nemsling
I currently 'live' in Jerusalem but was processed through London where I am from.

2. visa office was London

3. UK
Added to spreadsheet, thank you. Please let us know when you receive your paper COPR....
Old Dec 29th 2016, 3:40 pm
Just Joined

Added to spreadsheet, thank you. Please let us know when you receive your paper COPR....
Just got it today!
Old Dec 29th 2016, 4:32 pm
BE Forum Addict

Hurlabrick has a reputation beyond reputeHurlabrick has a reputation beyond reputeHurlabrick has a reputation beyond reputeHurlabrick has a reputation beyond reputeHurlabrick has a reputation beyond reputeHurlabrick has a reputation beyond reputeHurlabrick has a reputation beyond reputeHurlabrick has a reputation beyond reputeHurlabrick has a reputation beyond reputeHurlabrick has a reputation beyond reputeHurlabrick has a reputation beyond repute

Just got it today!
Fab! Good to go then! Spreadsheet updated....
Old Dec 29th 2016, 5:56 pm
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by Vulcanoid
Photo problem... (YAY! :/)

Got a letter in MyCIC requesting passport photos that conform to IMM3999/Appendix B specifications.

The trouble is, my application included them. The letter is extremely vague as to why they're being requested (in that, there's no reason at all). I checked the two that I didn't send off, and they're 50mm wide, 70mm tall, bottom of chin to top of hair is 33mm, the background is all white. Expression is neutral.

I'm wondering if the photos I included just got lost (eg if they were paperclipped to the defunct first IMM1344), or if there's actually a problem with the first set. Because if there is, I don't know what it was, and I'm very wary about just getting them done again and sending them off without knowing why they weren't accepted the first time.

The only possible thing I can see is that bottom of chin to top of forehead is 29mm (with 4mm of hair above that) - what exactly are they asking us to measure so precisely? The diagram is very unclear as to whether the two ovals are in fact two ovals, or just one with minima and maxima. Is the face too small in my case (by 2mm)? If so, does the hair matter? Does the hair still have to come in within the 36mm maximum?
I would get two new photos if I were you as per the spec on the checklist.

I thought it was reasonably clear, the two ovals are the min and max. Measure from 'chin to crown of head (natural top of head)' - which to me means the chin to where the top of your head would be if you were bald.
Old Dec 29th 2016, 8:04 pm
BE Forum Addict

Vulcanoid has a reputation beyond reputeVulcanoid has a reputation beyond reputeVulcanoid has a reputation beyond reputeVulcanoid has a reputation beyond reputeVulcanoid has a reputation beyond reputeVulcanoid has a reputation beyond reputeVulcanoid has a reputation beyond reputeVulcanoid has a reputation beyond reputeVulcanoid has a reputation beyond reputeVulcanoid has a reputation beyond reputeVulcanoid has a reputation beyond repute

I would get two new photos if I were you as per the spec on the checklist.

I thought it was reasonably clear, the two ovals are the min and max. Measure from 'chin to crown of head (natural top of head)' - which to me means the chin to where the top of your head would be if you were bald.
I think you're right with new ones, I've been staring at everything for (longer than I'd like to admit), and I think the problem is the 29mm to hairline. It was while I was trying to figure out the problem my mind took a detour into a scenario where the hairline had to be at the lower oval, but hair totally within the upper one.

I agree that's what crown (natural top) should mean, but I can't fathom how they're guessing where it is - mine would be at about 32mm (so within their specs), but is firmly hidden under hair.

I hope going bald for the retake just to be sure would be a step too far
Old Dec 29th 2016, 9:09 pm
Just Joined

We had the pictures done in advance ($20 for two! what a cheek!) and then the letter came today and we seem to not need to get photos done after all.. maybe because the application was only done 6 months ago? Either way, my recommendation for others is to wait until you know you need them.
Old Dec 30th 2016, 9:35 am
BE Forum Addict

We had the pictures done in advance ($20 for two! what a cheek!)
BARGAIN! I had to pay my local photographer £GBP50 for two!!
Old Dec 30th 2016, 11:57 am
Just Joined

canada12345 is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi guys - CIC website now says Decision Made, finally - fingers crossed it's the decision we want.

In early November I had to supply additional evidence that we actually want to move to Canada (supporting letters from friends / family etc.), and then supply an updated ACRO police certificate (early December), and I also re did my medical in November...

Will update as and when we hear something more. Thanks
Old Dec 30th 2016, 12:34 pm
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by canada12345
Hi guys - CIC website now says Decision Made, finally - fingers crossed it's the decision we want.

In early November I had to supply additional evidence that we actually want to move to Canada (supporting letters from friends / family etc.), and then supply an updated ACRO police certificate (early December), and I also re did my medical in November...

Will update as and when we hear something more. Thanks
Congratulations! That was quite some wait! It is 99.9% likely that it is an approval, but I can understand how you feel after so long. Please let us know when you get your paper COPR, should be a week or so by Royal Mail 'signed for'.

Spreadsheet updated.
Old Dec 30th 2016, 12:45 pm
Just Joined

rossd01 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Former Lancastrian
Yes plus eTA if not included with the COPR issuance. If not establishing a residence on landing then no need to fill out a B4 or goods to follow list.
Hi again,

Sorry, a bit of radio silence over the christmas period! Thats us booked to land in January, ended up booking to stay for a week in Canada to make the most of it. I can take the time apply for various things, i'm assuming ohip/ssin being a couple of them

Thanks for the reply there! You mentioned the goods to follow list which (in our case) will be extensive and will save £££'s in tax - will i definitely have another opportunity to submit it when we finally move later in 2017? I can see how I will have an opportunity to submit it on first landing in January 2017, but when moving later in the year I can't help worry that i'll be treated like a normal citizen and not giving an opportunity to submit the goods to follow at that time (i.e. all the paperwork will have been rubber stamped in January when we first land).

Is it definitely still acceptable at a later date following first landing? Many thanks!
Old Dec 30th 2016, 1:27 pm
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by rossd01
Hi again,

Sorry, a bit of radio silence over the christmas period! Thats us booked to land in January, ended up booking to stay for a week in Canada to make the most of it. I can take the time apply for various things, i'm assuming ohip/ssin being a couple of them

Thanks for the reply there! You mentioned the goods to follow list which (in our case) will be extensive and will save £££'s in tax - will i definitely have another opportunity to submit it when we finally move later in 2017? I can see how I will have an opportunity to submit it on first landing in January 2017, but when moving later in the year I can't help worry that i'll be treated like a normal citizen and not giving an opportunity to submit the goods to follow at that time (i.e. all the paperwork will have been rubber stamped in January when we first land).

Is it definitely still acceptable at a later date following first landing? Many thanks!
FL is the expert here, but I asked similar questions recently as I plan to do a 'two stage' arrival much like yours, albeit a couple of months later. AIUI:

1. You can apply for a SIN number on arrival for the purposes of activating your PR / flagpole trip / soft landing trip - go to a Services Canada office for this

2. You cannot register for OHIP as you have not yet formally 'landed as a settler' (only arrived to activate PR)

3. You can only declare 'good accompanying' and 'goods to follow' on your actual 'landing as a settler' trip (and there is only one of those), not your 'activating PR trip'

Above is my understanding. I would be delighted if I am wrong on any of these as I would love to start the clock on OHIP on my PR trip and declare goods each time I land.
Old Dec 30th 2016, 6:24 pm
Just Joined

canada12345 is an unknown quantity at this point

I will - many thanks for the support Hurlabrick.
Old Dec 30th 2016, 11:54 pm
Just Joined

faisal18 is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi
Can anyone guide me how to get my original document after you get your copr .I have received my copr but they didn't give me my original document.
They post the document directly to spnsor or to me.
Please advice
Happy New year to all of members.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.