Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > Immigration & Citizenship (Canada)
Reload this Page >

Timeline For Spousal Sponsorship via London

Timeline For Spousal Sponsorship via London

Old Jul 31st 2015, 7:44 pm
Just Joined

cpatter1 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default re: Timeline For Spousal Sponsorship via London & Inland

Hi Decisive

May I ask what number they gave you to call to extend your visitor VISA? I landed with my British wife and son last week and we had a less than pleasant experience with immigration... I am a returning Canadian with my British wife and Canadian son and we said my wife was landing with dual intent as her PR was still in process (my sponsorship was approved) and the immigration officer eventually let us through. He neglected to stamp her passport though! So when we arrived at customs so I could declare my goods to follow we had a hell of a time dealing with that. We had all the appropriate forms/documents/photos but the customs official was quite difficult with us and it took about an hour to get through it. He was able to stamp her passport for 6 months but he said we would have to leave no matter what before it expired and offered no help with respect to renewing it/coming back/etc.

Anyway I'd appreciate any advice as to extending her visitor visa so we are not forced to go back to UK in 6 months. My son will be starting school here in September and taking him out after only 6 months wouldn't be great for him.

Thanks!
Old Jul 31st 2015, 9:01 pm
Just Joined

bmank53 is an unknown quantity at this point

Got an update...

My wife finally got her COPR!!!!

I was quite worried because the website hadn't shown any updates indicating that it was being processed. But now it says:

in process - July 27, 2015
COPR - says issue date July 27, 2015

I'm on the spreadsheet as BK
Old Aug 2nd 2015, 3:16 am
Just Joined

jamesalee01 is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi there,

Just a quick update, my wife and youngest child's COPR arrived on Thursday. We have just been to the border and they landed today. I will do a breakdown of all the timeframes and what we did in the next few days.
The border guards were really nice and one even took a photo for us.
Old Aug 2nd 2015, 8:45 am
BE Enthusiast

andrewbrit has a reputation beyond reputeandrewbrit has a reputation beyond reputeandrewbrit has a reputation beyond reputeandrewbrit has a reputation beyond reputeandrewbrit has a reputation beyond reputeandrewbrit has a reputation beyond reputeandrewbrit has a reputation beyond reputeandrewbrit has a reputation beyond reputeandrewbrit has a reputation beyond reputeandrewbrit has a reputation beyond reputeandrewbrit has a reputation beyond repute

James and bmark, spreadsheet updated. Congratulations!
Old Aug 4th 2015, 1:22 pm
Forum Regular

sharkxpunch is a splendid one to beholdsharkxpunch is a splendid one to beholdsharkxpunch is a splendid one to beholdsharkxpunch is a splendid one to beholdsharkxpunch is a splendid one to beholdsharkxpunch is a splendid one to beholdsharkxpunch is a splendid one to beholdsharkxpunch is a splendid one to beholdsharkxpunch is a splendid one to beholdsharkxpunch is a splendid one to beholdsharkxpunch is a splendid one to behold

Posted application July 2015 for Spousal Sponsorship.

Awaiting received confirmation from CPC - does anyone know how long it takes until they acknowledge that they have actually received it?

Understand Phase 1 timelines just wondered that's all!

Thanks!
Old Aug 4th 2015, 2:05 pm
Concierge

SchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond repute

Okay, so I've been a bit MIA this past week - Baby Schnooks arrived!

Originally Posted by sharkxpunch
Posted application July 2015 for Spousal Sponsorship.

Awaiting received confirmation from CPC - does anyone know how long it takes until they acknowledge that they have actually received it?

Understand Phase 1 timelines just wondered that's all!

Thanks!
When your app arrives in Mississauga let us know the date and we'll add you to the spreadsheet. Also need to know if you applied as married or common-law, and where you are currently located.

As for the rest of your questions - Spousal Sponsorship-Canada/FAQ : British Expat Wiki
Old Aug 4th 2015, 2:44 pm
Forum Regular

dillisodhi is a jewel in the roughdillisodhi is a jewel in the roughdillisodhi is a jewel in the roughdillisodhi is a jewel in the rough

[QUOTE=SchnookoLoly;11716062]Okay, so I've been a bit MIA this past week - Baby Schnooks arrived!

Congratulations on the arrival!!
Old Aug 4th 2015, 8:24 pm
BE addict

Princesstigger has a reputation beyond reputePrincesstigger has a reputation beyond reputePrincesstigger has a reputation beyond reputePrincesstigger has a reputation beyond reputePrincesstigger has a reputation beyond reputePrincesstigger has a reputation beyond reputePrincesstigger has a reputation beyond reputePrincesstigger has a reputation beyond reputePrincesstigger has a reputation beyond reputePrincesstigger has a reputation beyond reputePrincesstigger has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by SchnookoLoly
Congratulations
Old Aug 5th 2015, 4:44 am
Banned

Siouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by cpatter1
Hi Decisive

May I ask what number they gave you to call to extend your visitor VISA? I landed with my British wife and son last week and we had a less than pleasant experience with immigration... I am a returning Canadian with my British wife and Canadian son and we said my wife was landing with dual intent as her PR was still in process (my sponsorship was approved) and the immigration officer eventually let us through. He neglected to stamp her passport though! So when we arrived at customs so I could declare my goods to follow we had a hell of a time dealing with that. We had all the appropriate forms/documents/photos but the customs official was quite difficult with us and it took about an hour to get through it. He was able to stamp her passport for 6 months but he said we would have to leave no matter what before it expired and offered no help with respect to renewing it/coming back/etc.

Anyway I'd appreciate any advice as to extending her visitor visa so we are not forced to go back to UK in 6 months. My son will be starting school here in September and taking him out after only 6 months wouldn't be great for him.

Thanks!
Welcome to BE!

Sorry to hear you had such a hassle when you arrived - please rest assured that from what you have said, there was no reason for you (or her) to be given the run around like that.

Normally, she would have been given a 6month or 1 year visitor record as you already received sponsorship approval. Sounds like the CBSA officer was a bit of a ****!

There is absolutely no need for your wife to leave if you haven't received her COPR by the time the current visitor record runs out (the stamp in her passport). All she needs to do is apply online or by mail to extend her visitor status - Extend your stay in Canada as a visitor - it's recommended to do so 30 days prior but provided they receive it before the current 'stamp' runs out she will be on implied status whilst you are waiting for a response.

Hope that puts your mind at ease a little and I would certainly consider lodging a complaint with CBSA about the treatment you received.

Last edited by Siouxie; Aug 5th 2015 at 4:49 am.
Old Aug 5th 2015, 6:51 am
Just Joined

fneeble is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi all,
Would appreciate a bit of advice about how to enter Canada. My spouse has received sponsor approval but based on current timelines my PR won't come through for a while yet. I have a job offer and have been approved for a work visa till the end of 2015, unfortunately, the job's in a different province (still better than commuting across continents, though). I have a return ticket booked for end of December. I want to travel (with my spouse) a couple of weeks before I start work to where he's based before flying to take up my job. What should we do at the border? Should we go through together and explain everything? Should I go through by myself (since my spouse and I have currently and will continue to have different addresses)? I'm assuming it's all fine since I have a job offer and all the paperwork going with that, but would just like some reassurance that arriving in Canada a couple of weeks before the job starts, and arriving in a different province, isn't going to cause massive headaches!
Thanks!
Old Aug 5th 2015, 7:10 am
Forum Regular

sharkxpunch is a splendid one to beholdsharkxpunch is a splendid one to beholdsharkxpunch is a splendid one to beholdsharkxpunch is a splendid one to beholdsharkxpunch is a splendid one to beholdsharkxpunch is a splendid one to beholdsharkxpunch is a splendid one to beholdsharkxpunch is a splendid one to beholdsharkxpunch is a splendid one to beholdsharkxpunch is a splendid one to beholdsharkxpunch is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by SchnookoLoly

When your app arrives in Mississauga let us know the date and we'll add you to the spreadsheet. Also need to know if you applied as married or common-law, and where you are currently located.

As for the rest of your questions - Spousal Sponsorship-Canada/FAQ : British Expat Wiki
Hey thank you!! We married in Feb 2015 i had a look and can't access ECAS until they physically open and start to process it so it's a waiting game!
Old Aug 5th 2015, 8:47 am
Forum Regular

harris is an unknown quantity at this point

Would appreciate if you could add our spousal application on to the spreadsheet.

Application received in Mississauga on 4th August, 2015. Married.

The received date should have been the week before, but for some unknown reason Fedex sent the envelope to Memphis where it sat for several days. They admitted their error and gave us a refund. Would rather have had it delivered sooner, but as there was nothing we could do, took the refund.

Many thanks.
Old Aug 5th 2015, 2:46 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by harris
Would appreciate if you could add our spousal application on to the spreadsheet.

Application received in Mississauga on 4th August, 2015. Married.

The received date should have been the week before, but for some unknown reason Fedex sent the envelope to Memphis where it sat for several days. They admitted their error and gave us a refund. Would rather have had it delivered sooner, but as there was nothing we could do, took the refund.

Many thanks.
Hey harris, would you mind letting me know how long it was after you posted until they notified you they had received it? Would set my mind at ease.

Thanks!
Old Aug 5th 2015, 2:51 pm
Forum Regular

harris is an unknown quantity at this point

Everyone application is different. There does not seem to be any sense or reason for the time taken between each application. I have always assumed that they take them in order of receiving, but who knows.
Old Aug 5th 2015, 5:13 pm
Just Joined

vinem is an unknown quantity at this point

Hello Admins,

I have applied for the PR and waiting for the update from CIC. How can I include my application details to the Timeline Spreadsheet ?

Thanks,
Vinem

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.