Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > Immigration & Citizenship (Canada)
Reload this Page >

Timeline For Spousal Sponsorship via London

Timeline For Spousal Sponsorship via London

Old Jul 17th 2015, 2:52 pm
Forum Regular

chrisco87 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default re: Timeline For Spousal Sponsorship via London & Inland

Hi !

I would just like to know your opinion on this matter! I hd sent a specific case enquiry a few weeks back to the London office in order to notify them of my change of postal address. I had also asked in this message if it would be through this same process that I would send my certificate of marriage after my wedding on August 15th (we applied as common law partners).

I just received an email this morning from London immigration, telling me that they have well received my message and have changed my address. They also congratulate me for my upcoming wedding and tell me to send them my certificate of marriage at this same email address when I have it.

Do you think it will postpone my application and they will now wait to receive the certificate or do you think it is a good sign they have started looking at my application? The wedding is in a month, so I guess it's not like it would postpone it for a long time, but still.

Thank you !
Old Jul 17th 2015, 2:57 pm
Concierge

SchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by williamceri
By the way the fees are now $ 1100. for spousal applications.
Nope, I just checked: Fee list
Under "2. Applications for visas and permits" and then "Permanent Resident visas - fees", you get the fee table. From looking at that table, if you are just sponsoring your spouse and no one else, then you pay:
1) Sponsorship application - $75
2) Principal applicant - $475

Then add on the RPRF (#4 in the above URL):
3) Right of permanent residence fee - $490

$75 + $475 + $490 = $1040
Old Jul 17th 2015, 3:00 pm
Concierge

SchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by chrisco87
Hi !

I would just like to know your opinion on this matter! I hd sent a specific case enquiry a few weeks back to the London office in order to notify them of my change of postal address. I had also asked in this message if it would be through this same process that I would send my certificate of marriage after my wedding on August 15th (we applied as common law partners).

I just received an email this morning from London immigration, telling me that they have well received my message and have changed my address. They also congratulate me for my upcoming wedding and tell me to send them my certificate of marriage at this same email address when I have it.

Do you think it will postpone my application and they will now wait to receive the certificate or do you think it is a good sign they have started looking at my application? The wedding is in a month, so I guess it's not like it would postpone it for a long time, but still.

Thank you !
No idea. They might wait for your marriage certificate, but ultimately you applied as common-law so they will continue to process you as such. You simply have to just inform them when you're married as your status has changed, but they'll probably leave your application as a CL application - this is what they did for us. They wanted proof we got married, but continued to process the app as a CL app since that was how we'd originally applied.

Don't stress about it. At least you got a good response!
Old Jul 17th 2015, 3:12 pm
Forum Regular

williamceri has a reputation beyond reputewilliamceri has a reputation beyond reputewilliamceri has a reputation beyond reputewilliamceri has a reputation beyond reputewilliamceri has a reputation beyond reputewilliamceri has a reputation beyond reputewilliamceri has a reputation beyond reputewilliamceri has a reputation beyond reputewilliamceri has a reputation beyond reputewilliamceri has a reputation beyond reputewilliamceri has a reputation beyond repute

Sorry. I was looking at the fee payment form IMM 5620 (01-2015 ) which seems to say $550 for the principal applicant and $550 for the spouse, making a total of $1100.
Perhaps this is the wrong form, although it does give details of how to pay
So confusing when there are so many forms around. I will search again for the correct one.
Old Jul 17th 2015, 3:22 pm
Concierge

I don't think that form applies to family class... considering "family class" is not listed under either category under Principal Applicant...

Not sure where you've found that form.

Go here: Pay your fees

Select UNited Kingdom, and Family Class Outland. It brings up the following fee table: Pay your spouse or common-law partner, dependent children (including adopted children) and other family member outside Canada class fee – United Kingdom

Which is where you find the $475 + $75.

You then have to add on the $490 for the RPRF separately.
Old Jul 17th 2015, 3:25 pm
Forum Regular

williamceri has a reputation beyond reputewilliamceri has a reputation beyond reputewilliamceri has a reputation beyond reputewilliamceri has a reputation beyond reputewilliamceri has a reputation beyond reputewilliamceri has a reputation beyond reputewilliamceri has a reputation beyond reputewilliamceri has a reputation beyond reputewilliamceri has a reputation beyond reputewilliamceri has a reputation beyond reputewilliamceri has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks once again. Saved me $ 60.
Old Jul 17th 2015, 4:05 pm
Forum Regular

Sorry again Snookololy, but when I click on your reccomended sites ,I see no $490, only $550, which makes the total $1100.
Am I missing something here or have they changed the fees recently. Could I ask you to check the UK fees again please ?
Old Jul 17th 2015, 4:26 pm
Concierge

Part 1: The fee for the application

1) Click Pay your fees

2) Select "United KIngdom" as your country

3) Under "Family Class", select "Spouse or Common-Law Partner, ......, outside CAnada Class"

4) Click "Get Payment Instructions"

5) In the list, read "Sponsorship application - $75", write that number down.

6) In the list, read "Principal Applicant - $475", write that number down.

7) Add together $475 and $75 = $550. This is the fee for the first part of the application.

Part 2: The Right of Permanent Residence Fee

1) Click Fee list

2) Expand the section "Getting your permanent resident status – Fees"

3) Read "Right of Permanent Residence Fee - $490"

Part 3: Add it together

1) $550 + $490 = $1040

Part 4: Actually pay it all

This part I can't walk through for you since I'm not actually paying anything, but here is the link: https://eservices.cic.gc.ca/epay/welcome.do?lang=en
Old Jul 17th 2015, 4:43 pm
Forum Regular

Sorry again, but I follow your instructions under " Pay your fees " and follow it to the end and it gives a list of fees which add up to $1100. Also, the "Fee Payment Form IMM 5620 (01-2015 ) adds up to the same $1100. MAYBE there is anew schedule which means anyone paying $1040 is in for a shock when their application is delayed because they underpaid. Maybe the revised fees came in on01-2015 with the new forms ? Personally, I will pay the $1100 to be on the safe side !
How can anyone be sure ?
Old Jul 17th 2015, 4:47 pm
Concierge

Sorry again, but I follow your instructions under " Pay your fees " and follow it to the end and it gives a list of fees which add up to $1100. Also, the "Fee Payment Form IMM 5620 (01-2015 ) adds up to the same $1100. MAYBE there is anew schedule which means anyone paying $1040 is in for a shock when their application is delayed because they underpaid. Maybe the revised fees came in on01-2015 with the new forms ? Personally, I will pay the $1100 to be on the safe side !
How can anyone be sure ?
WTF!

What fees add up to $1100?! What are you adding?!

When you get to the page for UK, Outland fees, you come to this page, yes? Pay your spouse or common-law partner, dependent children (including adopted children) and other family member outside Canada class fee – United Kingdom

There are a load of various fees listed, I count 6.

1) Sponsorship application (per application) - 75
2) Principal applicant - 475
3) Principal applicant, if under 19 years of age and not a spouse or common-law partner (including a dependent child of the sponsor, a child to be adopted and an orphaned brother, sister, niece, nephew or grandchild) - 75
4) Spouse, common-law partner or conjugal partner of the principal applicant or, where a transitional provision applies, a family member of the principal applicant who is 22 years of age or older - 550
5) A family member of the principal applicant who is under 19 years of age and is not a spouse or common-law partner, or is 19 years of age or older who has been unable to be financially self-supporting since before the age of 19, due to a physical or mental condition - 150
6) Where a transitional provision applies, a family member of the principal applicant who:
is under 22 years of age, unmarried and not in a common-law relationship, or
is 22 years of age or older and has been unable to be financially self-supporting since before the age of 22, due to a physical or mental condition - 150

From that list, you are only paying Fee #1 and Fee #2.

$475 + $75 = $550

THAT IS ALL. STOP LOOKING AT OTHER FEES IN THIS TABLE AT THIS POINT. THERE ARE NO MORE FEES FROM THIS TABLE TO PAY.

*THEN* you look at the RPRF separately, which is $490.

$550 + $490 = $1040.

Edited to add: IMM5620 that you quote DOES NOT APPLY TO FAMILY CLASS. Family Class is not listed in the list of categories for the fees, so don't look at that form.

Last edited by SchnookoLoly; Jul 17th 2015 at 4:50 pm.
Old Jul 19th 2015, 3:37 pm
Forum Regular

Andie8 is a jewel in the roughAndie8 is a jewel in the roughAndie8 is a jewel in the roughAndie8 is a jewel in the roughAndie8 is a jewel in the rough

Hello All!

We'll, we're here! We arrived Thursday 16/07. Some info if it helps anyone with our a Dual Intent landing experience:

I booked one way tickets back in March - flying with Canadian Affair (Air Transat). Two days before we flew I booked a one way return on Air Transat's Canadian site for my yet-to-receive-PR husband. I booked the most expensive ticket type for the end of August (Air Transat only flies to Halifax until the end of August) with the intention of cancelling the ticket and suffering the $100 penalty. The one way return was to get us out of LGW without any issues in case they balked at letting my husband board on a one way ticket.

At check in no one asked anything about his one way ticket although I suspect that this was because everyone was preoccupied with dealing with our additional suitcase charge and our cat!

The experience of travelling on AT with a cat was great. They were great. The minute the queue management guy saw that we had a pet crate he came up the ramp to meet us and fast tracked us through the club class check in. At any given time we had about 3 people attending to us. I was so relieved.

On arrival we were sent to the special immigration counter. I explained that I was 99.99% sure that PR had been granted but that we had run out of time to have the paperwork issued by London (CIC Ottawa asked us to submit passport copies/photos to London) and that I had emailed Ottawa for further instruction and was awaiting their reply.

The immigration officer checked her system and told us she could see that PR had been granted. Yay!

Her main concerns were:

1. She could only give my husband 6 months.

I told her I was pretty confident we'd have COPR within 6 weeks and I wasn't too worried.

2. After we receive COPR my husband still needs to "land".

I explained that I believe we can make an appointment at the CIC office in Halifax to "land" once we have COPR. It's no so convenient to flagpole from NS.....

At Customs we dealt with the goods to follow matters which was pretty painless as we had a copy of the shipping inventory prepared by our shipping company. I was expecting to pay a $30 fee to clear the cat through and even mentioned it but they just waved us through in respect of the cat. They didn't even look at the rabies certificate!

So, all in all, pretty painless. We're here!

And, in case you're wondering, the cat is recovering from his ordeal quite well!
Old Jul 19th 2015, 6:13 pm
Just Joined

bananabread is an unknown quantity at this point

Hello! I would really appreciate your help. Our out-of-country application was received by Mississauga on May 14 - the confirmation email was sent to me on June 17. According to the processing times (55 days), we are nearly three weeks "late" to hear anything else.

What do you recommend we do? Is it typical for it to take that much longer than the online processing time? Do I need to follow up, and if so, how do I do that from London?

Any advice is greatly appreciated! Our application was already returned to us once, so I've been essentially waiting since January to be approved as a Sponsor; hence my eagerness to get things moving already.

Thank you in advance!!
Old Jul 19th 2015, 7:16 pm
Concierge

Ignore the number of days. Go by the "working on applications received on x"... Which currently is May 19. Give it another week then call them up, phone number is in the faq.
Old Jul 19th 2015, 7:17 pm
Concierge

Andie8 - glad it all went smoothly! I'll add your landing experience to the wiki page on dual intent this week.
Old Jul 19th 2015, 9:59 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

christmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond repute

Sorry. I was looking at the fee payment form IMM 5620 (01-2015 ) which seems to say $550 for the principal applicant and $550 for the spouse, making a total of $1100.
Bit late to this party, but it seems the problem is that you're talking about a fee for both the principal applicant and the spouse, which obviously isn't right (only one of you is applying for a visa - therefore only one applicant has that fee to pay!).

As Schnooks said, it's definitely $1040, and fees haven't increased recently. If you send the $1100 'to be on the safe side' then it'll just delay your application as CIC won't accept it.

HTH.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.