Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > Immigration & Citizenship (Canada)
Reload this Page >

Timeline For Spousal Sponsorship via London

Timeline For Spousal Sponsorship via London

Old Apr 29th 2014, 5:52 pm
Just Joined

k7n6m84 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default re: Timeline For Spousal Sponsorship via London & Inland

Quick question (I've looked at the Wiki but can't find the answer)... Husband will be landing in Canada to activate his PR and will not be returning to the UK anytime soon. Does he have to have a return plane ticket?
Old Apr 29th 2014, 5:55 pm
PMM
Lost in BE Cyberspace

PMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond repute

Hi

Originally Posted by k7n6m84
Quick question (I've looked at the Wiki but can't find the answer)... Husband will be landing in Canada to activate his PR and will not be returning to the UK anytime soon. Does he have to have a return plane ticket?
No, but it might be cheaper than a 1 way and he can throw the return portion away.
Old Apr 29th 2014, 5:56 pm
Banned

Siouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by k7n6m84
No, he will be a Permanent Resident.

Tell him to show the airline his COPR if they question why he hasn't a return. Don't forget goods to follow and goods accompanying lists!

http://britishexpats.com/wiki/Catego...gistics-Canada

Congrats!!

Old Apr 29th 2014, 6:16 pm
Forum Regular

evelyned has a reputation beyond reputeevelyned has a reputation beyond reputeevelyned has a reputation beyond reputeevelyned has a reputation beyond reputeevelyned has a reputation beyond reputeevelyned has a reputation beyond reputeevelyned has a reputation beyond reputeevelyned has a reputation beyond reputeevelyned has a reputation beyond reputeevelyned has a reputation beyond reputeevelyned has a reputation beyond repute

HI everyone,
just registered today and already finding loads of great info! I am born Canadian living in the UK and sponsoring my british husband and our 3 boys to move back to Canada near Montreal. It's been 30 days since CIC received our forms but haven't heard anything yet. When I applied I completely misjudged the lenght of time it would take altogether and already started moving things forward for our return, as in we put our house up for sale! I was going to move around August to register the kids for school and my husband would have to stay until end of October for work. We were thinking of moving things back a year since on the website it says it can take 11 months!! I have seen a lot of people talk about a "spreadsheet" which is I assume a time frame?? I am ok with my husband not working for a few months if we do decide to move anyway but definitely not a whole year! Anyway, this was much longer than I wanted too! But I am just biting my nails and not sure what the best decision is. Thanks!
Old Apr 29th 2014, 6:21 pm
Concierge

SchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by evelyned
HI everyone,
just registered today and already finding loads of great info! I am born Canadian living in the UK and sponsoring my british husband and our 3 boys to move back to Canada near Montreal. It's been 30 days since CIC received our forms but haven't heard anything yet. When I applied I completely misjudged the lenght of time it would take altogether and already started moving things forward for our return, as in we put our house up for sale! I was going to move around August to register the kids for school and my husband would have to stay until end of October for work. We were thinking of moving things back a year since on the website it says it can take 11 months!! I have seen a lot of people talk about a "spreadsheet" which is I assume a time frame?? I am ok with my husband not working for a few months if we do decide to move anyway but definitely not a whole year! Anyway, this was much longer than I wanted too! But I am just biting my nails and not sure what the best decision is. Thanks!
Hello and welcome!

First - the spreadsheet is linked in my signature. It has the timelines of everyone on here and on CanadaVisa who has applied outland via London since 2010, so it should give you a more realistic view of processing time. Right now the overall average for London is just over 6 months, but the majority of applications are more like 7ish months (There are a few that were exceptionally quick that are pulling the overall average down). So if you applied last month, I'm assuming end of March, then probably November-December ish is a more realistic timeline (taking into account CSQ).

As for the 30 days, what day did you actually apply on? If you have a look at the 2014 tab on the spreadsheet you can compare yourself to others... and if you find the spreadsheet useful, then post your dates so you can be added (the best way to say thanks for using the spreadsheet's data is to have yourself added!). Post it here and I or one of the other editors (ghunter or Becki) will add you.

I'd imagine you should hear about sponsor approval pretty soon - and if you haven't heard in the next two weeks then send Mississauga an email asking what's up.

Hope that helps!
Old Apr 29th 2014, 6:25 pm
BE Enthusiast

burks has a reputation beyond reputeburks has a reputation beyond reputeburks has a reputation beyond reputeburks has a reputation beyond reputeburks has a reputation beyond reputeburks has a reputation beyond reputeburks has a reputation beyond reputeburks has a reputation beyond reputeburks has a reputation beyond reputeburks has a reputation beyond reputeburks has a reputation beyond repute

HI everyone,
Hi! The spreadsheet link is in SchnookoLoly's signature - http://bit.ly/17BBiXf

Applicants for PR via London share the milestone dates of their applications on this thread and then the spreadsheet gets updated. I have recently received my PR (last week) and the spreadsheet was a huge help during the process! Made things a lot easier to see how everyone else's was moving along. Although CIC says 11 months on their website the spreadsheet has averaged approx 6 months I think. My application was almost 6 months to the day. If you have already sent your app off to Mississauga then you should (no guarantees with CIC!!) be good for the end of the year.

It's always good to share your dates as it helps improve the accuracy of the spreadsheet
Old Apr 29th 2014, 6:25 pm
Banned

Siouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond repute

HI everyone,
Hello and welcome to BE

Do your sons have Canadian Citizenship (through you)? If they do, there is/was no need to sponsor them. You can check if they are Citizens by using this: http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/citizen...ules/index.asp

Old Apr 29th 2014, 6:31 pm
Forum Regular

evelyned has a reputation beyond reputeevelyned has a reputation beyond reputeevelyned has a reputation beyond reputeevelyned has a reputation beyond reputeevelyned has a reputation beyond reputeevelyned has a reputation beyond reputeevelyned has a reputation beyond reputeevelyned has a reputation beyond reputeevelyned has a reputation beyond reputeevelyned has a reputation beyond reputeevelyned has a reputation beyond repute

That's fab thanks Schnookololy! I applied under the family class (spouse and dependant children) Been married 7 years and got 3 children together.

7 months sounds much better to me

Yes please go ahead and add me to the spreadsheet.
Received in Mississauga on 28th of March.

Ta x
Old Apr 29th 2014, 6:37 pm
Concierge

SchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond repute

That's fab thanks Schnookololy! I applied under the family class (spouse and dependant children) Been married 7 years and got 3 children together.

7 months sounds much better to me

Yes please go ahead and add me to the spreadsheet.
Received in Mississauga on 28th of March.

Ta x
As Siouxie asked, are your boys already Canadians? Use the link she posted to check.

In the meantime I've added you! Not surprising you haven't heard - looks like they're a week or so behind when you applied. If you start seeing the April approvals come through then go poke them.
Old Apr 29th 2014, 6:43 pm
Forum Regular

Thanks Burks! I just saw the spreadsheet and asked SchnookoLoly to add me

Siouxie, I haven't applied for Citizenship for them but yes they are recognize as Canadians because I was born in Canada. It's just after I paid for medicals and sent my application that it occurred to me I didn't have too!! Doh! I just hope it won't impact negatively on me being able to be a sponsor as it now looks like I've got to financially support 4 people :/ But I am hoping that they will spot my error.
Old Apr 29th 2014, 6:46 pm
Concierge

Thanks Burks! I just saw the spreadsheet and asked SchnookoLoly to add me

Siouxie, I haven't applied for Citizenship for them but yes they are recognize as Canadians because I was born in Canada. It's just after I paid for medicals and sent my application that it occurred to me I didn't have too!! Doh! I just hope it won't impact negatively on me being able to be a sponsor as it now looks like I've got to financially support 4 people :/ But I am hoping that they will spot my error.
Not sure the process for correcting it but likely, yes, they'll spot the error. You'll probably get a non-rejection for them (i.e., a rejection for sponsorship because they aren't eligible to be sponsored, or don't have to, but not a rejection of your whole application).

Siouxie will confirm but you likely do have to provide their citizenship papers at some point, so you'd best get on getting them their Canadian passports etc. They won't be able to "move" to Canada without their passports, and you can't really have them entering as British visitors! So get shaking on that. (Siouxie - please confirm my logic is right on this one as I'm not 100% sure! Thanks dear!)

Also, the only financial requirement for family class applications is simply that you aren't bankrupt and aren't claiming social assistance (excluding disability). So it looks like you're good to go!
Old Apr 29th 2014, 6:56 pm
Forum Regular

Thanks again, My thinking was that because I already applied to sponsor them once I was accepted and we had moved to Canada, I would apply for their passport over there. But sounds like it's best to get it done now. I've got all the paperwork ready so I'll get moving on this asap! I think it can take up to 2 years to receive them but apparently they can give a temporary one in the meantime. Not sure about this though, just google stuff.
Old Apr 29th 2014, 6:58 pm
Banned

Originally Posted by SchnookoLoly
Not sure the process for correcting it but likely, yes, they'll spot the error. You'll probably get a non-rejection for them (i.e., a rejection for sponsorship because they aren't eligible to be sponsored, or don't have to, but not a rejection of your whole application).

Siouxie will confirm but you likely do have to provide their citizenship papers at some point, so you'd best get on getting them their Canadian passports etc. They won't be able to "move" to Canada without their passports, and you can't really have them entering as British visitors! So get shaking on that. (Siouxie - please confirm my logic is right on this one as I'm not 100% sure! Thanks dear!)

Also, the only financial requirement for family class applications is simply that you aren't bankrupt and aren't claiming social assistance (excluding disability). So it looks like you're good to go!
The boys can certainly travel on their British Passports and you can apply for Canadian passports on return to Canada, if necessary.

You do need to apply for their Citizenship even if it isn't through by the time you move over - at least you will have proof of application. You can get urgent processing if you 'know' when you will be moving to Canada.

Without confirmation of Citizenship, they won't be recognised as Citizens purely on the basis of you being Canadian. Different rules apply depending on when they were born, where you were born etc., so best to get the application done asap!

I would use the link I gave to double check that they are, then apply quickly as processing times are 6-10 months.

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/informa...processing.asp

I'm sorry you didn't realise beforehand, you spent all that money on having medicals - agh!!!
Old Apr 29th 2014, 7:04 pm
Forum Regular

I know, I feel like I got so many things wrong!! I think I'm just too eager to get back and don't look properly, haha!

I'll get the ball rolling on that, it's actually quite cheap for their application so best to be on the safe side of things!

You guys are amazing, thanks so much!!
Old Apr 29th 2014, 7:09 pm
Banned

I know, I feel like I got so many things wrong!! I think I'm just too eager to get back and don't look properly, haha!

I'll get the ball rolling on that, it's actually quite cheap for their application so best to be on the safe side of things!

You guys are amazing, thanks so much!!
You are very welcome.

Hope you kept a copy of your application and supporting documentation? Just in case you need to check anything?

If your husband decides to come with you, he can enter under 'dual intent' meaning he is here as a visitor but has an application for PR in place. You will just need to show proof of his application being processed (ECAS print, proof of payment of processing fees etc.,).

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.