Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > Immigration & Citizenship (Canada)
Reload this Page >

Timeline For Spousal Sponsorship via London

Timeline For Spousal Sponsorship via London

Old Apr 5th 2014, 9:55 pm
Forum Regular

kyoto23 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default re: Timeline For Spousal Sponsorship via London & Inland

Hi all,

Firstly a massive thanks to everyone involved in this thread. It's a fantastic resource and a huge help.

I have a few questions that might seem a little basic, but to be honest, I'm completely overwhelmed by the mass of information. These applications were meant to be super straight forward...

*Medical examination - For some strange reason I was under the impression I did not need a medical examination? We are applying outland via London, but I've been living in Canada for the past year. Do I 100% need to have a medical exam before submitting my application? And if so, am I able to get one in Canada if I'm applying outland? I'm moving back to the UK in 2 weeks.

*Police Report - Am I required to submit a Canadian police report as well as a UK one? I've lived in Canada, on and off, for almost 2 years.

*Submission - Does my husband submit his sponsor application to thunder bay separately, or do we submit everything together and then they forward my application to London?

Hope someone can help. And again, apologies if these questions are totally basic. If anyone has a link to the definitive step-by-step guide I should be following for out land sponsor application, please post. I feel like I'm reading so many differing instructions.
Old Apr 5th 2014, 10:04 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

christmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by kyoto23
Hope someone can help. And again, apologies if these questions are totally basic. If anyone has a link to the definitive step-by-step guide I should be following for out land sponsor application, please post. I feel like I'm reading so many differing instructions.
No need to apologise, but you have downloaded the document guide and checklist from the CIC website? If so, they should answer all of your questions and should be the only thing you use for info. You shouldn't be reading 'differing instructions', stick to the official instructions from CIC only and hopefully it will be clearer.

But yes, you need a medical done before you submit the app (no idea where you've read you don't, but that's not correct - again, check the guide & checklist if in doubt), you don't need a police cert for Canada, and yes, you submit it all together to Mississauga (NOT Thunder Bay!).

HTH a bit, good luck.
Old Apr 6th 2014, 4:39 pm
PMM
Lost in BE Cyberspace

PMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond repute

Hi

Originally Posted by christmasoompa
No need to apologise, but you have downloaded the document guide and checklist from the CIC website? If so, they should answer all of your questions and should be the only thing you use for info. You shouldn't be reading 'differing instructions', stick to the official instructions from CIC only and hopefully it will be clearer.

But yes, you need a medical done before you submit the app (no idea where you've read you don't, but that's not correct - again, check the guide & checklist if in doubt), you don't need a police cert for Canada, and yes, you submit it all together to Mississauga (NOT Thunder Bay!).

HTH a bit, good luck.
Especially since there is no office in Thunder Bay. It only has itinerant service
Old Apr 7th 2014, 9:41 am
Forum Regular

apt2208 is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi all,

I just logged into my ECAS this morning and its changed to inprocess, they started processing my application on 2nd April. I hope all goes well and I have my COPR soon!

I hope there is some movement for all those waiting!

So happy to see some movement finally!
Old Apr 7th 2014, 12:05 pm
Forum Regular

Becki567 has a reputation beyond reputeBecki567 has a reputation beyond reputeBecki567 has a reputation beyond reputeBecki567 has a reputation beyond reputeBecki567 has a reputation beyond reputeBecki567 has a reputation beyond reputeBecki567 has a reputation beyond reputeBecki567 has a reputation beyond reputeBecki567 has a reputation beyond reputeBecki567 has a reputation beyond reputeBecki567 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by apt2208
Hi all,

I just logged into my ECAS this morning and its changed to inprocess, they started processing my application on 2nd April. I hope all goes well and I have my COPR soon!

Congrats!! Can I please please be next! 10 days until his visa expires
Old Apr 7th 2014, 12:08 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Becki567
Congrats!! Can I please please be next! 10 days until his visa expires
Thanks Becki!

for you.
Old Apr 7th 2014, 12:11 pm
Forum Regular

Becki567 has a reputation beyond reputeBecki567 has a reputation beyond reputeBecki567 has a reputation beyond reputeBecki567 has a reputation beyond reputeBecki567 has a reputation beyond reputeBecki567 has a reputation beyond reputeBecki567 has a reputation beyond reputeBecki567 has a reputation beyond reputeBecki567 has a reputation beyond reputeBecki567 has a reputation beyond reputeBecki567 has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks Becki!

for you.
OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG

Me too!!!! April 2nd in process as well!
Old Apr 7th 2014, 12:12 pm
Concierge

SchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond repute

Hi all,

Yay! Hopefully not much longer now, updated you on the spreadsheet!
Old Apr 7th 2014, 12:14 pm
Forum Regular

OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG

Super happy for you!! lets hope we both get our COPRs ASAP. I was hoping your's would be the same when I checked mines this morning!

Last edited by apt2208; Apr 7th 2014 at 12:14 pm. Reason: Spelling
Old Apr 7th 2014, 12:15 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by SchnookoLoly
Yay! Hopefully not much longer now, updated you on the spreadsheet!
Thank you!
Old Apr 7th 2014, 12:15 pm
Concierge

SchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond repute

OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG

YAY YOU TOO!

Very stoked for you guys!!! Updates sorted!
Old Apr 7th 2014, 12:16 pm
Forum Regular

Super happy for you!! lets hope we both get our COPRs ASAP. I was hoping your's would be the same when I checked mines this morning!
I am really happy as well! Hopefully we don't languish in process now for months haha. I really have appreciated all your support here :-)
Old Apr 7th 2014, 12:19 pm
Concierge

I am really happy as well! Hopefully we don't languish in process now for months haha. I really have appreciated all your support here :-)
Just to set expectations for you both, *most* people go from In Process to DM in about a month or so - you can see this for yourself having a quick skim of the spreadsheet. Some go really quickly (1 week), some never got In Process at all, and some take 2-3 months. But most seem to take about 3-5 weeks or so.

So that should work out well for you I think!

Good luck - at least you know there's movement now! Yay!
Old Apr 7th 2014, 12:22 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by SchnookoLoly
Just to set expectations for you both, *most* people go from In Process to DM in about a month or so - you can see this for yourself having a quick skim of the spreadsheet. Some go really quickly (1 week), some never got In Process at all, and some take 2-3 months. But most seem to take about 3-5 weeks or so.

So that should work out well for you I think!

Good luck - at least you know there's movement now! Yay!
Thank you Schnookololy - 3-5 weeks of waiting seems doable after all the waiting so far.

The good news has made my day!
Old Apr 7th 2014, 2:08 pm
Just Joined

johnatron3000 is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi guys, I checked my progress this morning and my wife's status has been changed to 'In Process' as of April 2nd. So happy! Not long now (hopefully)!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.