Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > Immigration & Citizenship (Canada)
Reload this Page >

Timeline For Spousal Sponsorship via London

Timeline For Spousal Sponsorship via London

Old Nov 30th 2010, 12:58 pm
Account Closed

dtilley592 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default re: Timeline For Spousal Sponsorship via London & Inland

Originally Posted by Mrs-G
Ste - now in process, seem to have lost a week on you, but I just noticed you are in Burlington... that's where I'm 'from' when in canada. Spooky that we're both on similar timelines too!
I'm in Burlington too.... must be the place to go
Old Nov 30th 2010, 1:27 pm
Just Joined

ste1234 is just really niceste1234 is just really niceste1234 is just really niceste1234 is just really niceste1234 is just really niceste1234 is just really niceste1234 is just really niceste1234 is just really nice

Burlington is a nice enough place to wait out my PR but we aren't sure exactly where we will settle. But for now i'm quite content. Looking forward to being able to work though!

Mrs G i'm glad you've had some positive news!!
Old Nov 30th 2010, 2:11 pm
Just Joined

MadeInDorset is an unknown quantity at this point

suze_h, looks like Buffalo has come up trumps. Received an email this morning requesting my passport for visa issuance, boy am I one happy bunny.

For those interested here is my timeline, I will eventually add this to my signature.
Application received Mississauga 23/09/2010 London Requested in application
Decision made/letter sent 22/10/2010
Buffalo started processing/Medical results received 12/11/2010
Passport request via email 30/11/2010

Forgot to add website still showing my application as being in process

Last edited by MadeInDorset; Nov 30th 2010 at 2:13 pm.
Old Nov 30th 2010, 2:17 pm
Forum Regular

suze_h will become famous soon enoughsuze_h will become famous soon enough

Ahhh that's fantastic MadeInDorset!!!! So happy for you!!! You must be hugely relieved! When are you planning to land?

I think the London office is going to take ages....looking at other people's applications I'm not expecting PPR before Christmas now Oh well, not much I can do!

Congrats again, fantastic timeline
Old Nov 30th 2010, 2:45 pm
Just Joined

MadeInDorset is an unknown quantity at this point

cheers suze_h, yep hugely relieved I have managed to worry myself witless over the last month or so since finding out that Buffalo was processing our application as opposed to London. Then you scared me some more with worries of needing a Canadian police check and trackit.com adding to the worries by showing no approvals since early Oct.

Not sure when I am going to land, currently chatting to the missus as to shall we mail the passport or hop the border get the visa and land at the same time. Currently the favoured option is post the passport as the visa needs to be issued before 30/12 then pop over during the christmas break and have a leisurely shopping trip??? and land with our arms laden full of goodies.

And fingers crossed that you get your PR very soon.
Old Nov 30th 2010, 6:56 pm
Forum Regular

Mrs-G is just really niceMrs-G is just really niceMrs-G is just really niceMrs-G is just really niceMrs-G is just really niceMrs-G is just really niceMrs-G is just really niceMrs-G is just really nice

Originally Posted by ste1234
Burlington is a nice enough place to wait out my PR but we aren't sure exactly where we will settle. But for now i'm quite content. Looking forward to being able to work though!

Mrs G i'm glad you've had some positive news!!
Its not the most exciting of places.... good for me as family are in Oakville and Burlington, and I dont mind the commute to Toronto from there for work. I would rather be in BC, but that's a pretty long commute
Old Nov 30th 2010, 6:58 pm
Forum Regular

Mrs-G is just really niceMrs-G is just really niceMrs-G is just really niceMrs-G is just really niceMrs-G is just really niceMrs-G is just really niceMrs-G is just really niceMrs-G is just really nice

Originally Posted by suze_h
Congrats Mrs-G! That's great!! I got all excited this morning when the e-cas tracker showed an update - sadly it was just that they had added my mailing address, no change to the 'in process'! Guess we all just have to keep waiting
Cheers suze_h! Its nice to see something happening. next phase of waiting coming up I guess
Old Dec 2nd 2010, 2:17 am
Just Joined

Kris1983 is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi there,
I have been reading everybody's posts dating back a year, congratulations to everyone who has had their application approved!

I want to apply for permanent residence but i have absolutely no clue where to start. Can anybody help me with where to start? which applications? What kind of a cost is there? Im looking to apply via the spousal sponsorship - is it ok that i am not married yet? What attributes will my sponsor need (does she need to make a minimum amount of money?) I also have a job offer in Canada pending on my application being successful, does this help a lot or not make much difference?

I hope to be as lucky as some of you out there receiving there approval in 2 months!

Congratulations again and any help is much appreciated.

Thanks,
Kris.
Old Dec 2nd 2010, 6:02 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Kris1983
Hi there,
I have been reading everybody's posts dating back a year, congratulations to everyone who has had their application approved!

I want to apply for permanent residence but i have absolutely no clue where to start. Can anybody help me with where to start? which applications? What kind of a cost is there? Im looking to apply via the spousal sponsorship - is it ok that i am not married yet? What attributes will my sponsor need (does she need to make a minimum amount of money?) I also have a job offer in Canada pending on my application being successful, does this help a lot or not make much difference?

I hope to be as lucky as some of you out there receiving there approval in 2 months!

Congratulations again and any help is much appreciated.

Thanks,
Kris.
Kris

It is ok that you are not married yet - you may just have to provide a bit more information than some to prove your relationship. An outland application would be quicker - I'm not sure where you are at the moment but you can apply outland whether you are in Canada or not. Applications can be downloaded from the CIC website.

For spousal application your sponsor does not have to be earning a minimum amount. There have been many on here who are stay at home parents for example, who have sponsored their other halves.

Job offer - while I don't think this really has any bearing on the speed of your application, I don't think it can hurt to show that you have this. If you are outside Canada, your sponsor will have to show that they intend to return to Canada. Your job offer doesn't help them, but it does show that you are serious about moving. Its not actually necessary though.

Good luck!
Old Dec 3rd 2010, 12:14 am
Just Joined

Kris1983 is an unknown quantity at this point

Thanks for your help Mrs G.

I am outside of Canada but my girlfriend is not. She is still over there

I have been talking to a company called global visas. They seem to be friendly and efficient and will basically check that everything is correct on my applications and basically keep me right. This, however is a little expensive. Do you think it is worth my while to go with them or is it relatively easy enough to fill out all the forms myself. I dont want to do something wrong and then have the application denied or delayed.

Thanks Mrs G, i see that you are almost there with your application. I havent even applied yet. Good Luck and thanks for the information.

Kris.
Old Dec 3rd 2010, 5:44 am
Forum Regular

Kris

If your girlfriend is living in Canada, you should check what the rules are on how long you need to have been living together and how recently. We're married, so different for us and we are still living together through this process - however, I think I recall that if going as common-law there are rules on how long you have to have lived together and I think it has to be recent. And you need to make them comfortable with this by giving them proof - household bills in both names etc.

Everyone is different - if you are more comfortable using an agent, thats fine. To be honest though, if you download the forms and have a look through them they are relatively straight forward. We, and many on here, just did our own. So far so good as its not come back. It is a bit tedious pulling all the bits of evidence together, but you'll have to do that whether you go through and agency or not. Ask questions on here - its a great source of info and plenty of the couples on here aren't married and can give you some chat on the common-law route.

I'd at least have a look through the forms before deciding.

Cheers
Mrs-G
Old Dec 3rd 2010, 8:39 am
BE Enthusiast

caleo has a reputation beyond reputecaleo has a reputation beyond reputecaleo has a reputation beyond reputecaleo has a reputation beyond reputecaleo has a reputation beyond reputecaleo has a reputation beyond reputecaleo has a reputation beyond reputecaleo has a reputation beyond reputecaleo has a reputation beyond reputecaleo has a reputation beyond reputecaleo has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Kris1983
Thanks for your help Mrs G.

I am outside of Canada but my girlfriend is not. She is still over there

I have been talking to a company called global visas. They seem to be friendly and efficient and will basically check that everything is correct on my applications and basically keep me right. This, however is a little expensive. Do you think it is worth my while to go with them or is it relatively easy enough to fill out all the forms myself. I dont want to do something wrong and then have the application denied or delayed.

Thanks Mrs G, i see that you are almost there with your application. I havent even applied yet. Good Luck and thanks for the information.

Kris.
You mentioned that you are not yet married - when are you looking at getting married? If it is fairly soon, could you not go to Canada as a visitor, and once married apply for sponsorship as outland? Time frame varies greatly - 2 months to 8 months, but still quicker than inland. Only problem would be that you would be unable to work until the PR has come through.
Old Dec 3rd 2010, 9:01 am
Forum Regular

Caleo - any update on your letter yet?
Old Dec 3rd 2010, 9:06 am
BE Enthusiast

caleo has a reputation beyond reputecaleo has a reputation beyond reputecaleo has a reputation beyond reputecaleo has a reputation beyond reputecaleo has a reputation beyond reputecaleo has a reputation beyond reputecaleo has a reputation beyond reputecaleo has a reputation beyond reputecaleo has a reputation beyond reputecaleo has a reputation beyond reputecaleo has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Mrs-G
Caleo - any update on your letter yet?
Letter???? I am giving up on that one. just going to wait and see if it ever gets "in process" in London.

I suppose the fact that the forms haven't been returned to us is a good sign - surely they would have sent them back via a courier if they were not going to proceed further?

Who knows - am just trying to chill (literally) and take it things are moving behind the scenes.

Going from your time line, london may update us sometime next week - although it seems a few have been going to Buffalo as well - hmmmmmmm
Old Dec 3rd 2010, 9:22 am
Forum Regular

yeah - I think that's the best approach - just assume something is going on. I really can't see why they wouldn't approve you, so most likely someone (somewhere in a visa office) has the pack.

I 'lost' a week compared to other people around the same day as us (i know its not always the same for everyone... shame tho!) so you may actually be closer to hearing something than you think. I know you were about 10 days off us initially.

Will keep checking for your updates.... hopefully you hear something soon

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.