Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > Immigration & Citizenship (Canada)
Reload this Page >

Timeline For Spousal Sponsorship via London

Timeline For Spousal Sponsorship via London

Old Nov 28th 2010, 1:17 am
Account Closed

dtilley592 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default re: Timeline For Spousal Sponsorship via London & Inland

Originally Posted by La_de_da_de_dum
Hi everyone,

Just wanted to know if anyone has sent off their forms recently to Mississauga and received a reply back.

I sent off my forms on the 16th November which got there on 19th but no confirmation letter or email
I have looked at other peoples time lines and it seems that most people get an email confirming that they have received the forms within five days.

I don't know, am I being too eager?? I'm guessing its down to the nerves and hoping that I filled out the forms properly.

LA
Hi,

My forms reached Mississauga on October 19th and I got my letter on November 26th and the forms were processed on the 23rd November. So I would guess that you will hopefully get a decision just before christmas
Old Nov 28th 2010, 2:18 am
Forum Regular

Allie73 has a reputation beyond reputeAllie73 has a reputation beyond reputeAllie73 has a reputation beyond reputeAllie73 has a reputation beyond reputeAllie73 has a reputation beyond reputeAllie73 has a reputation beyond reputeAllie73 has a reputation beyond reputeAllie73 has a reputation beyond reputeAllie73 has a reputation beyond reputeAllie73 has a reputation beyond reputeAllie73 has a reputation beyond repute

We did not receive any confirmation of receipt letter or email. The first communication we got from Mississauga was the sponsorship approval letter a month later.
Old Nov 28th 2010, 7:10 am
BE Enthusiast

caleo has a reputation beyond reputecaleo has a reputation beyond reputecaleo has a reputation beyond reputecaleo has a reputation beyond reputecaleo has a reputation beyond reputecaleo has a reputation beyond reputecaleo has a reputation beyond reputecaleo has a reputation beyond reputecaleo has a reputation beyond reputecaleo has a reputation beyond reputecaleo has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by La_de_da_de_dum
Hi everyone,

Just wanted to know if anyone has sent off their forms recently to Mississauga and received a reply back.

I sent off my forms on the 16th November which got there on 19th but no confirmation letter or email
I have looked at other peoples time lines and it seems that most people get an email confirming that they have received the forms within five days.

I don't know, am I being too eager?? I'm guessing its down to the nerves and hoping that I filled out the forms properly.

LA
As PMM says - much too eager .

They don't send you any acknowledgement about receipt - the only way everyone knows when they have been received is from the couriers.
Old Nov 28th 2010, 1:42 pm
Forum Regular

flexsingh has a reputation beyond reputeflexsingh has a reputation beyond reputeflexsingh has a reputation beyond reputeflexsingh has a reputation beyond reputeflexsingh has a reputation beyond reputeflexsingh has a reputation beyond reputeflexsingh has a reputation beyond reputeflexsingh has a reputation beyond reputeflexsingh has a reputation beyond reputeflexsingh has a reputation beyond reputeflexsingh has a reputation beyond repute

Is it true based on experiences.. that around this time they slow down on the visa's etc and delay it till the new year due to targets?
Old Nov 28th 2010, 5:06 pm
PMM
Lost in BE Cyberspace

PMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond repute

Hi

Originally Posted by flexsingh
Is it true based on experiences.. that around this time they slow down on the visa's etc and delay it till the new year due to targets?
No targets for spousal applications.
Old Nov 28th 2010, 5:12 pm
Forum Regular

flexsingh has a reputation beyond reputeflexsingh has a reputation beyond reputeflexsingh has a reputation beyond reputeflexsingh has a reputation beyond reputeflexsingh has a reputation beyond reputeflexsingh has a reputation beyond reputeflexsingh has a reputation beyond reputeflexsingh has a reputation beyond reputeflexsingh has a reputation beyond reputeflexsingh has a reputation beyond reputeflexsingh has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by PMM
Hi

No targets for spousal applications.
Ah nice to know, few people kept telling me they have quota's to hit.
Old Nov 29th 2010, 3:40 pm
Forum Regular

suze_h will become famous soon enoughsuze_h will become famous soon enough

Any news on your application Caleo?
Old Nov 29th 2010, 6:41 pm
BE Enthusiast

caleo has a reputation beyond reputecaleo has a reputation beyond reputecaleo has a reputation beyond reputecaleo has a reputation beyond reputecaleo has a reputation beyond reputecaleo has a reputation beyond reputecaleo has a reputation beyond reputecaleo has a reputation beyond reputecaleo has a reputation beyond reputecaleo has a reputation beyond reputecaleo has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by suze_h
Any news on your application Caleo?
Thanks for asking - hubby is on the phone waiting as we speak - hopefully will have an update in a bit.
Old Nov 29th 2010, 6:59 pm
BE Enthusiast

I honestly can't believe that they are so obstructive and unable to give information! We are no further forward and have absolutely no idea whether hubby can sponsor us. No reason why he should not be able to, but it is just the fact that they have sent us a letter - which we have not received, and no one knows what the letter says?
Old Nov 29th 2010, 7:13 pm
Forum Regular

I just don't understand it either - I've never heard of a situation where the call centre wont tell you what's happening if you haven't received the letter - it's hardly your fault is it?!!! Well if they sent the letter on November 10th then assuming all was good then I would imagine you should be showing as in process in London before too long........within the next week or so I would think. When that shows then you could send a case specific enquiry to London to check whether the sponsorship was approved. But what an unnecessary hassle and stress for you. I'm still keeping fingers crossed that the letter turns up!!!! Hang on in there x
Old Nov 29th 2010, 7:24 pm
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by suze_h
I just don't understand it either - I've never heard of a situation where the call centre wont tell you what's happening if you haven't received the letter - it's hardly your fault is it?!!! Well if they sent the letter on November 10th then assuming all was good then I would imagine you should be showing as in process in London before too long........within the next week or so I would think. When that shows then you could send a case specific enquiry to London to check whether the sponsorship was approved. But what an unnecessary hassle and stress for you. I'm still keeping fingers crossed that the letter turns up!!!! Hang on in there x
I know. It is so frustrating! It seems their computer system does not have any info on?
We ticked the box to say we did not want to process further if sponsorship was not approved - so if it was not approved all our documents should have been returned to us - but then we don't know that either, because we have no communication from them!

Hopefully it will show up in London as being processed soon, then we can relax. Not sure if we can chase it up then either though, as we don't have a case number, only a receipt number.

Well, I guess I need to just forget about it for now, before i drive myself mental!
Old Nov 29th 2010, 7:36 pm
Forum Regular

Mrs-G is just really niceMrs-G is just really niceMrs-G is just really niceMrs-G is just really niceMrs-G is just really niceMrs-G is just really niceMrs-G is just really niceMrs-G is just really nice

Caleo

I know this isn't much help - but I also wouldn't panic if you don't show up as in process in London within the expected timeframe. We got our letter, but we're still not showing as in process, yet other people from same timeline are. So I guess its not always that straight forward, but it doesn't mean that you've not had approval and that they aren't working on it in the background.

I know its hard waiting, and not knowing. I'm halfway in same boat as you. I at least know I am approved as sponsor, but would have thought I'd show as in process in London by now. I'm just trying to assume that they are working on it, as others have posted that they heard nothing until the passport request.

Fingers crossed your letter is just a bit delayed and you hear soon!
Old Nov 30th 2010, 12:12 pm
Forum Regular

Mrs-G is just really niceMrs-G is just really niceMrs-G is just really niceMrs-G is just really niceMrs-G is just really niceMrs-G is just really niceMrs-G is just really niceMrs-G is just really nice

Wey hey! We are now 'in process' in London. Updated today, but says they started processing on Nov 22nd.
Old Nov 30th 2010, 12:17 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by ste1234
Mrs G I'm now showing as in process in London - i checked using my sponsors details as I'm not showing when i use my Client ID. Have another look and see if they have updated yours.
Ste - now in process, seem to have lost a week on you, but I just noticed you are in Burlington... that's where I'm 'from' when in canada. Spooky that we're both on similar timelines too!
Old Nov 30th 2010, 12:54 pm
Forum Regular

Congrats Mrs-G! That's great!! I got all excited this morning when the e-cas tracker showed an update - sadly it was just that they had added my mailing address, no change to the 'in process'! Guess we all just have to keep waiting

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.