Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > Immigration & Citizenship (Canada)
Reload this Page >

Timeline For Spousal Sponsorship via London

Timeline For Spousal Sponsorship via London

Old Jan 29th 2014, 12:27 pm
Concierge

SchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond repute
Default re: Timeline For Spousal Sponsorship via London & Inland

Originally Posted by sambailie
Ok, so I might post a lot over the next couple of days but I am freaking a bit about getting the forms done. So the questions to start are;

Fees, if I (as the Canadian sponsor) am paying for sponsorship and permanent residence for my husband and 2 yr old son is it $75+475+150+490=$1190?
Is your son already a Canadian? If you were born in Canada, then your son is already a Canadian and does not need to be sponsored. If he does need to be sponsored then this sounds right (not 100% sure off the top of my head)... but first check if your son is Canadian.

The outland application keeps asking about proof of the relationship (bills, letters/emails, photos, tickets etc) I have filled out the form on how we met and put together a print out of some photos. Frazer and I have been married for almost 7 1/2 years and living together in Scotland since Jan 2007. How much proof will they want?

Thanks in advance for all your help!
This is all the progression of relationship stuff. In addition to what you've put, it would be useful to also include joint bank account statements, insurance policies where you have each other as the beneficiary, etc. Given you've been marreid for so long and have a kid together you likely don't need to provide a ton, but better safe than sorry. FOr your photos, pick ones that show a progression of the relationship over time, not just stuff from the past year, and try to pick ones that "tell a story" - you with friends, family, together, on trips, etc. Don't need a bucket, just 1-2 from various events over a few years should do it. ALl your evidence generally needs to convince CIC that you are in a genuine relationship, you aren't together for immigration purposes, etc. Again, given your history, unlikely they'd think that, but don't give them a reason to delay the application (but don't inundate them either!). You also don't need to provide the same info a million times. Most people just include it once, then whenever the forms ask for it, just write somethig that says "please refer to section x for evidence of our relationship" or whatever. For us, we put it all in an appendix at the end and included a table of contents so that it made sense.

Post away!
Old Jan 29th 2014, 2:39 pm
Forum Regular

MCARTER82 has a brilliant futureMCARTER82 has a brilliant futureMCARTER82 has a brilliant futureMCARTER82 has a brilliant futureMCARTER82 has a brilliant futureMCARTER82 has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by JohnDerry
Please don't apologise!

Yourself, Siouxie and others do great work here and are remarkably unselfish with your time and knowledge.

I know its 'only the internet' and all that but you guys make peoples 'real lives' a lot easier!
+1... Well said!
Old Jan 29th 2014, 7:58 pm
Forum Regular

markstimson is a splendid one to beholdmarkstimson is a splendid one to beholdmarkstimson is a splendid one to beholdmarkstimson is a splendid one to beholdmarkstimson is a splendid one to beholdmarkstimson is a splendid one to beholdmarkstimson is a splendid one to beholdmarkstimson is a splendid one to beholdmarkstimson is a splendid one to beholdmarkstimson is a splendid one to beholdmarkstimson is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by sean75
Well, I can now report that my application is joint longest 'In Process' on the 2013 spread sheet, tying with markstimson at an agonising 50 days

If I hit 51 days and take the record do I get a medal or citation or commemorative plaque or something… although I'll happily settle for a DM intead
It's horribly stressful eh! Have you emailed and badgered for an update?
Old Jan 29th 2014, 8:04 pm
Banned

Siouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by sean75
Well, I can now report that my application is joint longest 'In Process' on the 2013 spread sheet, tying with markstimson at an agonising 50 days

If I hit 51 days and take the record do I get a medal or citation or commemorative plaque or something… although I'll happily settle for a DM intead
Try 5 years!

Old Jan 29th 2014, 10:13 pm
Forum Regular

UKHR is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi All

Yes its me again (for those who have had the pleasure of kindly responding to my complicated circumstances!!!)

I promised everyone that I would update them on the extension of my medicals (at the beginning of this month), at the time it looked very unlikely for CIC to make a concession or apply pragmatism to the rules in light of my circumstances.....after nearly a month of emailing and sleepless nights I can confirm that I have received confirmation from CIC that they will be extending my medicals until Jan 2015!!!!!

That PHEP form confirming my personal details and photos will be with CIC like a lightening now!!!! Next step.....landing (by the end of this year)!!!

A special thanks to all those who provided their guidance on my particular circumstance......although it looked bleak at the time I am very fortunate it has worked in my case.

PS I asked CIC if I can send them a bottle of champagne and chocolates....awaiting response!!
Old Jan 29th 2014, 10:26 pm

Jim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond repute

Good news and shows they have more authority than previously.
Old Jan 29th 2014, 10:29 pm
Forum Regular

UKHR is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Jim Humphries
Good news and shows they have more authority than previously.
Thanks a lot for the expertise.....
Old Jan 30th 2014, 7:43 am
BE Enthusiast

prairiechicken has a reputation beyond reputeprairiechicken has a reputation beyond reputeprairiechicken has a reputation beyond reputeprairiechicken has a reputation beyond reputeprairiechicken has a reputation beyond reputeprairiechicken has a reputation beyond reputeprairiechicken has a reputation beyond reputeprairiechicken has a reputation beyond reputeprairiechicken has a reputation beyond reputeprairiechicken has a reputation beyond reputeprairiechicken has a reputation beyond repute

Quick question - how should I expect to hear whether I am approved as a sponsor? Letter/email?

I'm hoping to hear some time in the next 10 days or so. Just wondering what I should look out for!
Old Jan 30th 2014, 8:38 am
Just Joined

Krisandbecky is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by prairiechicken
Quick question - how should I expect to hear whether I am approved as a sponsor? Letter/email?

I'm hoping to hear some time in the next 10 days or so. Just wondering what I should look out for!
I believe you the sponsor will get an email - this is if you indicated a email for correspondence, if not then you would recieve a letter.
Old Jan 30th 2014, 8:38 am
Just Joined

Stuart_1973 is an unknown quantity at this point

Bizarre question and not sure this is the right forum..I have my application in and spousal approval has been given. We now have a second child (a great Christmas present!). Our first daughter was 2 .5 years when we applied for her citizenship(stupidly didn't know rule of below 2years is easier) and now am going to apply for our second daughter. The question is this. If I receive my visa can we take our girls to canada whilst awaiting their paperwork?
Any advice would be gratefully recieved!!
Regards
Stuart
Old Jan 30th 2014, 11:00 am
BE Enthusiast

prairiechicken has a reputation beyond reputeprairiechicken has a reputation beyond reputeprairiechicken has a reputation beyond reputeprairiechicken has a reputation beyond reputeprairiechicken has a reputation beyond reputeprairiechicken has a reputation beyond reputeprairiechicken has a reputation beyond reputeprairiechicken has a reputation beyond reputeprairiechicken has a reputation beyond reputeprairiechicken has a reputation beyond reputeprairiechicken has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Krisandbecky
I believe you the sponsor will get an email - this is if you indicated a email for correspondence, if not then you would recieve a letter.
Thanks so much! I will look out for an email then
Old Jan 30th 2014, 11:08 am
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Stuart_1973
Bizarre question and not sure this is the right forum..I have my application in and spousal approval has been given. We now have a second child (a great Christmas present!). Our first daughter was 2 .5 years when we applied for her citizenship(stupidly didn't know rule of below 2years is easier) and now am going to apply for our second daughter. The question is this. If I receive my visa can we take our girls to canada whilst awaiting their paperwork?
Any advice would be gratefully recieved!!
Regards
Stuart
I don't know the answer about taking the girls, although assuming they are British they'd automatically be admitted to Canada as visitors anyway for 6 months. My understanding is that they wouldn't be allowed to start school etc though, without proof of citizenship. I am sure others here will know definitely what your situation would be, far better than me!

My son's citizenship certificate took about 5 months. I applied in Aug 2012, and he was 9 years old at the time. It was well under the quoted time though.

How long do you expect it to take to get your PR?
Old Jan 30th 2014, 11:12 am
Just Joined

Stuart_1973 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by prairiechicken
I don't know the answer about taking the girls, although assuming they are British they'd automatically be admitted to Canada as visitors anyway for 6 months. My understanding is that they wouldn't be allowed to start school etc though, without proof of citizenship. I am sure others here will know definitely what your situation would be, far better than me!

My son's citizenship certificate took about 5 months. I applied in Aug 2012, and he was 9 years old at the time. It was well under the quoted time though.

How long do you expect it to take to get your PR?
Well I'm hoping to be gone for this summer !! Who knows with the London office. Some people take a few months some much longer.
Regards
Stuart
Old Jan 30th 2014, 11:32 am
Forum Regular

mrpsv is an unknown quantity at this point

hey everybody,

does anyone know under what circumstances other than passport expiring before medicals done, can your medical results be extended? I done my medical back in July and sponsorship approval was in December because I had to wait for my marriage certificate to come through before sending off the application.

I don't know if I will be ready to move by July and am expecting my COPR to be here before then, could I email London and ask for an extension on the medicals or would I need to redo them?

thanks in advance
Old Jan 30th 2014, 12:13 pm
Concierge

SchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by mrpsv
hey everybody,

does anyone know under what circumstances other than passport expiring before medicals done, can your medical results be extended? I done my medical back in July and sponsorship approval was in December because I had to wait for my marriage certificate to come through before sending off the application.

I don't know if I will be ready to move by July and am expecting my COPR to be here before then, could I email London and ask for an extension on the medicals or would I need to redo them?

thanks in advance
If COPR expires in July you'll only have to land by then, not move. Read the wiki and search the forum for lots of posts on landing vs moving.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.