Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > Immigration & Citizenship (Canada)
Reload this Page >

Timeline For Spousal Sponsorship via London

Timeline For Spousal Sponsorship via London

Old Jan 20th 2014, 11:58 pm
Just Joined

Krisandbecky is an unknown quantity at this point
Default re: Timeline For Spousal Sponsorship via London & Inland

Hey guys. So I just had my medical done today in Calgary by a panel physian. I asked for the form IMM 1017, he said they no longer give that form now, and instead it's an 'E medical' form with a barcode on the top right of the form. I walked away thinking this would be fine, just wanted to what you guys submitted (espsh the ones who have used the new e medical system. Thanks
Old Jan 21st 2014, 12:34 am
Banned

Siouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Krisandbecky
Hey guys. So I just had my medical done today in Calgary by a panel physian. I asked for the form IMM 1017, he said they no longer give that form now, and instead it's an 'E medical' form with a barcode on the top right of the form. I walked away thinking this would be fine, just wanted to what you guys submitted (espsh the ones who have used the new e medical system. Thanks
E-medicals are the normal way to have it done now (apart from the panel physicians who haven't got up to speed).

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/informa...exams-perm.asp
Once your medical exam has been completed, the doctor will give you a document confirming that you underwent a medical exam. You must include a copy of that document with your application.
Old Jan 21st 2014, 8:55 am
Just Joined

k7n6m84 is an unknown quantity at this point

Newbie here... Canadian married to a Brit, living in the UK but moving to Canada once husbands visa is all sorted. I sent the complete application which was received in Mississauga Sept. 23rd & sponsorship was approved Oct. 3rd.

I stupidly didn't think to renew husbands British passport which expires beginning of June 2013 before sending the application. I am doing so now. How will this affect the application? Do I just email them when his new passport is issued?
Old Jan 21st 2014, 10:10 am
Forum Regular

megarhandi is an unknown quantity at this point

so will immigration give my husband a hard time when he comes over for 6 months? i'm getting him a return ticket just in case and they're cheaper. but it's not like he has any money saved up, will that be a problem?
Old Jan 21st 2014, 11:10 am
Forum Regular

MCARTER82 has a brilliant futureMCARTER82 has a brilliant futureMCARTER82 has a brilliant futureMCARTER82 has a brilliant futureMCARTER82 has a brilliant futureMCARTER82 has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by Heppster
MCARTER82,

I bet you were jumping up and down to know that your ECAS has changed to In Process. Hopefully it is a quick process from here to your DM!
I am still waiting patiently for the ball to start rolling, but seeing the spreadsheet fill up with green is making me more and more anxious to hear something!
It was definitely a relief to see it had changed, rather than the same old "Application Received".

I would definitely suggest you sending them a case specific email asking if they require any further docs or info from you. I sent my email to them on Jan 15, and now it is process as of Jan 16.

So maybe my email woke them up a bit. Try it!
Old Jan 21st 2014, 11:23 am
SUPER MODERATOR

christmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by megarhandi
so will immigration give my husband a hard time when he comes over for 6 months? i'm getting him a return ticket just in case and they're cheaper. but it's not like he has any money saved up, will that be a problem?
If you do a search of the thread, you'll see lots have done the same - the advice from FL (a CBSA officer) is to always take proof that you've applied for his PR, but it shouldn't be an issue if you've got that.

Good luck.
Old Jan 21st 2014, 12:43 pm
Forum Regular

MCARTER82 has a brilliant futureMCARTER82 has a brilliant futureMCARTER82 has a brilliant futureMCARTER82 has a brilliant futureMCARTER82 has a brilliant futureMCARTER82 has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by Orlaith
My COPR arrived in Canada today (17th) - five days after EACS changed to DM. My husband has gone to pick it up from the lawyers. When I finally see it i'll let you know the rest of the details - like when it was actually issued etc.

Anything shaking your end Ginger?

I was thinking as I was driving home what a life saver this forum is. Its like having a whole team of people pulling for you and knowing exactly what you are going through. I am sorry I didn't find you all earlier in the process or I might have had more of a reality check on time lines and expectations.

I think each and every one of you are fantastic! Now, where is that flag poling thread….
Congrats Orlaith! Fantastic news. Happy flagpoling!
Old Jan 21st 2014, 12:44 pm
Concierge

SchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by k7n6m84
Newbie here... Canadian married to a Brit, living in the UK but moving to Canada once husbands visa is all sorted. I sent the complete application which was received in Mississauga Sept. 23rd & sponsorship was approved Oct. 3rd.

I stupidly didn't think to renew husbands British passport which expires beginning of June 2013 before sending the application. I am doing so now. How will this affect the application? Do I just email them when his new passport is issued?
Sorry, do you mean his passport expires June *2014*? I assume so...

It's hard to say what CIC will do if you email them with the new passport. They might issue COPR fort he day before his passport expires, which is what they normally do, but if you send copies of the new passport (photocopy the whole book when you email) then they may do the normal one-year-from-medicals COPR issuance. I think all you can do is try and see how it goes!!

I've added you to the spreadsheet in the meantime - keep us updated with your timeline, it's always helpful to have more entries in the spreadsheet!
Old Jan 21st 2014, 2:55 pm
Banned

Siouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by MCARTER82
It was definitely a relief to see it had changed, rather than the same old "Application Received".

I would definitely suggest you sending them a case specific email asking if they require any further docs or info from you. I sent my email to them on Jan 15, and now it is process as of Jan 16.

So maybe my email woke them up a bit. Try it!
Yes, +1, that is what I always recommend people do if their application seems to have stalled.

Old Jan 21st 2014, 8:28 pm
Just Joined

Ginger34 is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi everyone,

So we got our DM on January 12 and since then... nothing. I know it's only been 10 days but is this normal (relatively speaking), seeing as others who are on similar timelines have already had theirs? My husband and I seem to be on chronic tenterhooks at the moment and we have no way of reasonably managing our expectations in this space.

Any words of wisdom or comfort would be much appreciated!
Old Jan 21st 2014, 8:31 pm
Concierge

SchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Ginger34
Hi everyone,

So we got our DM on January 12 and since then... nothing. I know it's only been 10 days but is this normal (relatively speaking), seeing as others who are on similar timelines have already had theirs? My husband and I seem to be on chronic tenterhooks at the moment and we have no way of reasonably managing our expectations in this space.

Don't worry until you pass 4 weeks. We've seen sometimes CIC being delayed with actually putting the letter in the post. And I'm not about to start putting bets on the reliability of Canada Post and/or Royal Mail. It's taken different amount of times for different people - lots of factors weigh in - distance, countries, circumstance, the particular officer handling your file...

Just sit tight, if you get to Feb 10th and still nothing then drop CIC an email.
Old Jan 21st 2014, 8:41 pm
Forum Regular

phasee has a reputation beyond reputephasee has a reputation beyond reputephasee has a reputation beyond reputephasee has a reputation beyond reputephasee has a reputation beyond reputephasee has a reputation beyond reputephasee has a reputation beyond reputephasee has a reputation beyond reputephasee has a reputation beyond reputephasee has a reputation beyond reputephasee has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Ginger34
Hi everyone,

DM here 13th Jan. Still waiting on COPR. Hoping it won't be much longer
Old Jan 21st 2014, 10:20 pm

Jim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond repute

The key skill for PR applicants, even sponsored spouses, is patience.
Old Jan 22nd 2014, 4:28 am
Weegie in Calgary

cbrown89 has a reputation beyond reputecbrown89 has a reputation beyond reputecbrown89 has a reputation beyond reputecbrown89 has a reputation beyond reputecbrown89 has a reputation beyond reputecbrown89 has a reputation beyond reputecbrown89 has a reputation beyond reputecbrown89 has a reputation beyond reputecbrown89 has a reputation beyond reputecbrown89 has a reputation beyond reputecbrown89 has a reputation beyond repute

Can you still send your application via the London office (to reduce process time) if using the Application for Permanent Residence in Canada—Spouse or Common-law Partner.
Old Jan 22nd 2014, 4:39 am
Banned

Originally Posted by cbrown89
Can you still send your application via the London office (to reduce process time) if using the Application for Permanent Residence in Canada—Spouse or Common-law Partner.
It's an either or.

Either you apply 'outland' (even if living in Canada) and name London as the processing office using this set of forms: http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/informa...cations/fc.asp

Or you apply 'inland' (Permanent Residence Application IN Canada) using this set of forms: http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/informa...ons/spouse.asp

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.